1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little worried but I don't do anything crazy with my figures. I'll just be careful with her. Maybe someone will make replacement arms one day and I'll buy those :)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

I really like this figure but i'm not sure if i will keep her. I'm worried the arms will have issues eventually even if they are kept straight. Maybe HT will do something different for GotG2. :dunno

Sounds like an awesome room! My detolf is next to my desk in the dining room, which joins to the living room (open plan) so I'm always perving at my collection :D

Well at least it's to something somewhat appropriate. :D
Sounds awesome :drool...I'd love to be able to have my own collection room.

It's great, really. However it can be sad when you don't see it all the time, or you have to go in there, look at everything, and then leave them behind. I do have a few pieces in my tv room. Those I see all the time. Babydoll and the first Hellboy pf. Besides art, everything else is in that room.

Well at least it's to something somewhat appropriate. :D

It's great, really. However it can be sad when you don't see it all the time, or you have to go in there, look at everything, and then leave them behind. I do have a few pieces in my tv room. Those I see all the time. Babydoll and the first Hellboy pf. Besides art, everything else is in that room.

I'm a bit more discrete with my inappropriate stuff :horror :monkey3

I nearly got Babydoll, she looks so awesome and totally gorgeous but I couldn't justify it. One day though...

Wow, a little scary with the arm situation. Too bad Xeno had to take one for the team, but he made us all a little wiser. I don't think articulating the elbow is nearly as dangerous as turning the arm outwards. This is a prime example of a why it pays to glance at the instructions first before diving right in

Just like with Spidey I'll sacrifice and not fuss with her too much...Spidey is pretty dynamic but leave him in any crazy pose for a few days and the costume stretches really bad...so I just leave him alone, I'll do the same with her...can't pass on her when I got SL, Rocket and Groot already...

Why didn't Hot Toys just go with a painted female body type?
I'd rather see elbow joints and be able to display her in a dynamic pose.
These statue poses are a joke.
$250 for a 1/6 scale statue.
No thanks.

It's a shame about the problems some are having with the rubber arms, but I'm happy they went the seamless route. Even with minimal bending, you can get her into some nice display poses. Yeah, she's not going to get into all your favourite yoga poses, but she's not a statue either.

So this has obviously shipped to preorder buyers a couple weeks ago and retailer customers are getting them too. But SS still has it as a Pre-Order? Why? Are they afraid of this elbow issue or is this just an oversight snafu?

So this has obviously shipped to preorder buyers a couple weeks ago and retailer customers are getting them too. But SS still has it as a Pre-Order? Why? Are they afraid of this elbow issue or is this just an oversight snafu?

It's usually because they got a partial shipment are waiting for more to come in stock. Happens pretty often, especially with the recent dock slow downs.

It's a shame about the problems some are having with the rubber arms, but I'm happy they went the seamless route. Even with minimal bending, you can get her into some nice display poses. Yeah, she's not going to get into all your favourite yoga poses, but she's not a statue either.

:lecture:goodpost:

Exactly. She still goes down in my book as an exceptional figure based on likeness alone, and since they went with the costume she was introduced in from the film, I'm very pleased that they went with the seamless arms. Can imagine NOT having her in the collection

I'm a bit more discrete with my inappropriate stuff :horror :monkey3

I nearly got Babydoll, she looks so awesome and totally gorgeous but I couldn't justify it. One day though...

She is my favorite piece in my collection. And this is someone who has a pretty decent collection and have had no less than 25 pf's in my collection. I don't have 25 now as I've had to let some go over the last while but I still have 19 and more on the way. She still stands out. In a big way. I can't believe she's not worth more than she is in the aftermarket.

As for Gamora, I spoke to ssc in a chat and they said she wasn't shipping yet. So I'm curious as to when her ship date will change. Can't still say April cause you know, after today, it's not April anymore....

Last edited:
A word of advice: Lubricate from time to time the rubber. I heard that if you apply rubber lubrication or a liquid that hydrates it, it can prevent it from getting dry and deteriorate.

A word of advice: Lubricate from time to time the rubber. I heard that if you apply rubber lubrication or a liquid that hydrates it, it can prevent it from getting dry and deteriorate.

277285_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Spiderpman_1920x1200.jpg

Back