1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, when I got the Doc figure, I didn't mess around too much with posing. Just put him in the display case. But today I wanted to get him in that looking at the watch/raising the glasses pose. So I start messing around a bit, and find it pretty difficult to get his arms in either position. Then his right lower arm just pops out of the socket! I'm not a big Hot Toys buyer (I just have the two Martys, Doc and the Delorean), so maybe this is common and easily fixable but I keep pushing his arm back in and it falls out again after a few seconds or any movement. Also, as I'm trying to fix this the face on the black watch that I have on his other arm just falls out! WTF! So, I take his hand off to get the watch band and see if the face will like snap back in, but it doesn't. Can anyone help here? I know Doc is old, but I thought he got all these repairs in 2015. He shouldn't just be falling apart!

So, when I got the Doc figure, I didn't mess around too much with posing. Just put him in the display case. But today I wanted to get him in that looking at the watch/raising the glasses pose. So I start messing around a bit, and find it pretty difficult to get his arms in either position. Then his right lower arm just pops out of the socket! I'm not a big Hot Toys buyer (I just have the two Martys, Doc and the Delorean), so maybe this is common and easily fixable but I keep pushing his arm back in and it falls out again after a few seconds or any movement. Also, as I'm trying to fix this the face on the black watch that I have on his other arm just falls out! WTF! So, I take his hand off to get the watch band and see if the face will like snap back in, but it doesn't. Can anyone help here? I know Doc is old, but I thought he got all these repairs in 2015. He shouldn't just be falling apart!

I had the same problem with the black watch. I asked Sideshow for a replacement, and they sent me another one really quick. Hope this can help you.

The stock body only has single joint elbows. I swapped it for a standard TT clone, so i could do the "watch" pose easier.

I didnt have any trouble myself. Just had to be careful and take some time doing it

photostudio_1520170525201.jpg

What even hold the upper arm and lower arm together? Is there an adhesive? I’ve already sent a message to Sideshow about the arm and watch, but if the arm is just easily fixable with some glue I’ll give that a go.

I didnt have any trouble myself. Just had to be careful and take some time doing it

Yep, I just unboxed mine and used your pic as a guide for posing the arms. Worked nicely. Just had a hell of a time getting him to hold the glasses. But otherwise I didn’t feel like the articulation was inhibiting anything.

On a second note, I love this figure, even in pics there seemed to be a lifeless expression but in-hand, there’s definitely a look of excitement in his eyes. The money briefcase has got to be one of my favorite accessories of any figure I’ve had.

What even hold the upper arm and lower arm together? Is there an adhesive? I’ve already sent a message to Sideshow about the arm and watch, but if the arm is just easily fixable with some glue I’ll give that a go.

I don't think there's usually any adhesive at that joint. I'm not sure about all bodies, but I've usually just been able to pop those in and out.

Sort of wish Hot Toys would have applied the stickers for the money briefcase as I got all mine on but I don’t think they’ perfectly placed or torn. Ah well it’s a pretty minor thing.

Looks like the socket has come loose. Heat it up and prise it off the forearm, then glue it back into the upper arm.

Just a quick pic from having set him up the other day, could stand to make a little adjustment here and there but its just so awesome to see the poster image that I grew up with in 1/6th scale form
IMG_8259.jpg

i went on the WL for the exclusive last week and it converted yesterday.

The exclusive for Doc is actually pretty cool in my opinion despite not really going with this outfit. It’s cool how it comes with not only the walkie talkies but even the packaging.

Sideshow was nice enough to send me a replacement black watch (and a bonus replacement silver watch. Perhaps I'll have him wearing two watches on one wrist.)

Back