1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Doc today. I love the expression, it fits the character so well. My only complaint would be that he looks too young as others have said.

We must be in the minority, I really like the expression too. I have found that I like to have him holding up the USA Today showing Marty arrested, it validates the expression on Doc's face. Still for the price an alternate sculpt should have been included.

To answer Madball's question, I don't think it's possible to get Doc's hands to touch the top of his head. I briefly tried and was not even coming close.

I just ordered this off eBay for my custom radiation suit Doc. I’ll take some in hand pics when I get it. It wasn’t too expensive and has rooted hair. Doesn’t seem to have the most realistic paint app, but we’ll see.

98FCF06C-0FA8-42AA-BF45-AB1D2C09EBD3.jpeg

looks like jim carrey playing doc

I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that and try to unsee that image. lol

Edit:
For me, it’s more of a place holder until something better comes along. I didn’t want 2 of the same sculpt on both my Docs.

This sculpt still leaves a lot to be desired, but i'm not unhappy with it.
One minor thing I would have liked is if it came with both before/after versions of the newspaper.

27653578_1545100825544017_938805598_o.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Pretty happy with the figure, but still not digging the future outfit enough to have it be my definitive version of doc.

Still surprised that no third party company has put up a radiation suit yet.

Last edited:
He’s supposed to look younger because Doc went to the “rejuvenation clinic” (took off old man makeup). So he’s basically young 1955 doc with silver hair. In the behind the scenes commentary they said they didn’t want Christopher Lloyd to have to sit through makeup everyday so they decided to come up with the rejuvenation clinic gag, so it’s 49 year old Christopher Lloyd’s natural look. They are going to have to come out with radiation suit Doc if we want the 70 year old man sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sculpt still leaves a lot to be desired, but i'm not unhappy with it.
One minor thing I would have liked is if it came with both before/after versions of the newspaper.

Marty comes with the after version.

He’s supposed to look younger because Doc went to the “rejuvenation clinic” (took off old man makeup). So he’s basically young 1955 doc with silver hair. In the behind the scenes commentary they said they didn’t want Christopher Lloyd to have to sit through makeup everyday so they decided to come up with the rejuvenation clinic gag, so it’s 49 year old Christopher Lloyd’s natural look. They are going to have to come out with radiation suit Doc if we want the 70 year old man sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought that when he takes of the rejuvenation mask, he's supposed to look exactly the same. I thought that was the "gag."

Back