1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Mando scout a couple weeks ago. I would’ve preferred this version, but I’m pretty happy with the Mando one. Might trade up when it’s released, might not.

The lighting is too blown out to tell a lot about the scout, but they have definitely resculpted a couple of parts to make them correct to ROTJ, so that's encouraging.

The bike to me seems about 50/50 - they have also definitely resculpted some parts, but others they haven't. The pipes under the bike are the thin Mando style not the fatter (and more densely ribbed) ROTJ style, and the control levers/gear-shifts are the pencil-thin Mando style as is the big red button, even though they have redone control panel itself into ROTJ style.

The HT handlebars weren't even 100% accurate to Mando, but they have reused them for this ROTJ bike, which is unfortunate. Some of the inaccuracies may have been done to make them more rigid though - speeder bike handlebars have always had bend issues in every scale.

I am still keeping the Mando version, as that goes well with IG-11. But I will definitely pick up a ESB version. C'mon Hot Toys, don't leave us hanging in the "Coming Soon" zone.

:yess:

didn’t expect ROTJ so soon but this is the one I’ve been waiting for! Will definitely get 2

wonder if they’ll reissue poncho Luke and Leia for this? I passed on them without the bike.

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg
st4.jpg

Last edited:
It does look quite small there. He's hunched over the handle bars instead of leaning forward arms stretched out to hold them. Lol at the upside down shoulder pad.

It does look quite small there. He's hunched over the handle bars instead of leaning forward arms stretched out to hold them. Lol at the upside down shoulder pad.

:lol

Didn't notice that as I was too busy trying to get the images into their correct threads to look at them properly.

What-a-mistake-a-to-make-a.jpg

It's either a genuine error, or a big wink to the errors the Mando Scouts made with their armour.

Probably the former. lol

Why is it early?

I wish we could have seen more, from the top, the other side where the trooper has his gun, etc.
More so I would’ve expected Hot Toys to make sure those Mando Bikes were firmly in people’s hands and couldn’t cancel their orders before they’d show the ROTJ version. :lol

I know some people were holding out regardless, and others will get both. But there must be at least a handful that won’t get the white version now.

Possibly an indicator they didn’t make too many of those.

Elbows tucked in, not stretched out. Ok, the HT is good enough. I thought it was so small the riding position was way off but it doesn't look too bad now.

Back