1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything those images give me a new appreciation for the Sideshow, many aspects of it are near perfect. But I'll get a couple HT regardless.

One thing I hope HT can correct is there is too big a gap between the front of the top brown shell and the sandwiched black frame that extends outward.

HT > SS. Every time.

Almost every time...
maxresdefault (8).jpg
f3ce2a15-65d8-4c7d-b8d8-417a4a97e8d8.jpg

Thank you.

This set looks awesome.

Hot Toys quality is a step up from the Sideshow set, "forgivable" inaccuracies aside...
The bike feeling more sturdy was a must for me, because of the budget.

I was considering getting only the trooper, since I have the other Hot Toys OT troopers, the stormie and the snowtrooper.
Having the 3 together is cool.
But I have to get the bike, no matter if I take it out of the box from time to time.

Last edited:
Well then no reason for the Mando version unless it’s heavily discounted.

So happy to see this. The closeups are looking nice.. :yess:

The last OT Trooper I really wanted. I would love to get a speederbike, but between the size and price I will most likely just get the trooper. I still have the Hasbro one if I feel the need.

This guy will look cool next to a RO/Mando Shoretrooper..

I'm still getting the Mando version, it'll make a good display w IG-11 and one trooper.

When these go up for order, it'd push my two trooper usual order, because I'd definitely want 1 on the bike, and then having another, but also I'd like a bike for Luke and Leia. So I might as well order 2 sets. Crap this never ends lol.

HT > SS. Every time.
If anything those images give me a new appreciation for the Sideshow, many aspects of it are near perfect. But I'll get a couple HT regardless.

One thing I hope HT can correct is there is too big a gap between the front of the top brown shell and the sandwiched black frame that extends outward.

The Sideshow sculpt has those big intake vents on the sides far too shallow, which is a very noticeable error, and the handlebars are too small and somewhat inaccurate. The rear of the seat also has a number of sculpt errors, and the pedals assembly is too petite - a bit too skinny and small. The "huge red button" on the control panel is too small and too low (the HT one got the size more right, but it's too boxy - Mando style) It's also missing a major hinge detail on the rear flaps.

The Hot Toys (prototype at least) has a lot of errors visible so far, and maybe half the bike's details haven't even been revealed yet. The engine piping (those ribbed pipes that zigzag under the bike - very visible) is too thin and the ribbing too spaced out, altering the whole look of them. The handlebars have a lot of inaccuracies, partly due to being Mando style - for example the rear "spring" strut that angles backwards to the body is way too fat/chunky and the disc-shaped outsides of the handle grips are missing all of the intricate slots detail. The small "gear shift" levers on the control panel are the skinny Mando style, not the somewhat fatter ROTJ style.

There are also minor body sculpt errors (mostly due to the Mando to ROTJ conversion) such as the whole leading edge of the upper body (area in front of control panel) being too flattened rather than oval shaped and the small arrowhead "slots" on either side of the front of the body are too small.

Also, in line with every manufacturer since 1983, they both made the seat black when it is in fact BROWN onscreen (black leather painted brown that in some cases flaked off in the years after production.)

I know it's a prototype but I'm not sure about the biker scout weathering. I wanted to see a cleanish version (the scouts looked relatively clean in ROTJ) and I find that splodge on the shoulder really distracting. It seems so randomly placed with no thought as opposed to the Mando Biker where they've stuck to the obvious areas where dirt would naturally gather. It's difficult to tell how heavy the weathering is on it as the white balance has wiped the detail out so will hope for a better look later with production photos.

I'm not going to cancel my Mando Biker Scout. I like what I've seen of other peoples' in had pics. The scenes were quite memorable in the show and the bike looks cool in the white. I like both. I'm sure most of us would happily own both if the funds were available. Plus he'll look great outside that safe-house diorama, leaning against the bike.

I'm not going to cancel my Mando Biker Scout. I like what I've seen of other peoples' in had pics. The scenes were quite memorable in the show and the bike looks cool in the white. I like both. I'm sure most of us would happily own both if the funds were available. Plus he'll look great outside that safe-house diorama, leaning against the bike.

I want the HT ROTJ Scout, but I wouldn't get rid of my Mando Scout either.

He's a such a good looking, natural figure. The armour differences, sand weathering and the scenes he appeared in set him apart and make him an actual character. Whereas the ROTJ will just be an example of a generic OT Scout.

Already have the Sideshow Scout and Bike, don’t know if I need another — unless this thing blows my mind. But I do have the Swoop Bike (no scout) on PO.

In my mind the pedals on the HT are way too low i.e the legs too extended. vs how they were in the film.

However I guess this can be futzed so the knees are more bent.

I'm still fine with my SS version. Don't think I'll upgrade at this point.

st2.jpg

Back