1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the consensus and probably true.

The Sideshow bike is pretty great. My only gripes are the handle bars and it's overall fragility. The HT bike feels considerably more sturdy and thus more fun to handle.
What was the problem with the SSC handlebars?
Exactly how/where was the SSC version fragile?
Thanks!

Why is it early?

I wish we could have seen more, from the top, the other side where the trooper has his gun, etc.
They take requests during the All Requests Tour. I'm sure we'll get a better look at it during one of those, which I think might be tomorrow.

Wooohoo! :yess:

The one HUUUGE concern - did they redo all the many Mando vs ROTJ sculpt differences (on both scout and bike) or simply repaint them in ROTJ colors? :pray:

What was the problem with the SSC handlebars?
Exactly how/where was the SSC version fragile?
Thanks!

The Sideshow handlebars are a bit undersized and prone to distortion due to the plastic being too soft.

The Sideshow bike came in a quite a few pieces (I guess for easier shipping?) and had to be assembled by the customer so used a number of friction joints that don't hold great so there's tendency to have parts fall off.

I’m curious about the same thing TaliBane mentioned. I couldn’t get a good enough look at it to see if the chest armor was OT or Mando style.
Definitely cleaner than the Mando Scout. I think the knee pads were OT direction. Just really hard to say about anything else.

Not just a repaint unless they really do it wrong.
I remember checking the Mando Scout against ROTJ stills, and it was ok except for some minor silly changes that could be undone.
I must have missed things... So what are the deviations on the Mando Scout?
Thanks!

I’m curious about the same thing TaliBane mentioned. I couldn’t get a good enough look at it to see if the chest armor was OT or Mando style.
Definitely cleaner than the Mando Scout. I think the knee pads were OT direction. Just really hard to say about anything else.
Chest armour looks OT to me:

biker.png

Very happy to see this. I just looked at my sideshow bike and it still looks great to me. I will definitely get the hot toys, but the sideshow holds up. Super fragile, I broke a handlebar just picking it up. I’m not holding my breath for a preorder in the wake of mandalorian-mania.

Is there any chance that the speeder bike would be available by itself? I really don't need the trooper. I just want the bike for Endor Leia and Luke.

Another cap from the video ... seems to be the same helmet, different chest armour, not sure about the rest.

biker2.png

Is there any chance that the speeder bike would be available by itself? I really don't need the trooper. I just want the bike for Endor Leia and Luke.
I figure they'll treat it like the Mando release, so I'm guessing not? You could always sell off extra Scouts.

I think it's going to be awhile before this goes up for po, alot of people are still waiting for the mando set to arrive unless they want a bunch of cancelations. This is something they know will sell. I guessing closer to the end of the year so it wil be out the the ROTJ anniversary. Plus HT is in the middle of Mandomania right now.

Lighting and image quality isn't yet good enough to tell for sure, but so far it looks like HT have fixed some, but not all of the Mando sculpt details that aren't correct for ROTJ.

For example, the elbow armor on the Scout is still Mando style as are the bike's handlebars.

It's possible this isn't the final version and was cobbled together for the show - for example one of the shoulder armor pieces appears to be upside down.

Back