1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Monitor said:
Wow! That's really neat DA! It's awesome how much it looks like Guinness and McGregor! I imagine your client will be very pleased. Solid work. Did you dye the cloak darker too?

Kinda makes me wonder if Ben ever had any "adentures" during his time spent on tattooine, or if he just talked to Qui Gon and perhaps Yoda for 18 years. :lol

Oh, and doesitmatter, GET HIM!!! He's really GREaT!!!

Thanks guys... When I was approached to do this, I seriously thought it could not be done. But I surprised myself. This thing turned out fantastically. He sent the figure Nude, so he will be putting together the costume... and I'm very interested to see this accomplished. For the pics I used a borrowed Obi costume from a repaint I'm doing and used Qui-Gon's cloak. It works great, I think...

And I have always wondered what kind of stuff Obi-Wan did in his solitude on Tattooine. I hope they do a book about that, or several of them. I loves me some Obi-Wan!! :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
And I have always wondered what kind of stuff Obi-Wan did in his solitude on Tattooine. I hope they do a book about that, or several of them. I loves me some Obi-Wan!! :lol

Me, too. Since ep3, I've often wondered what Obi-Wan did in the 18 years he watched over Luke.

I think there have been some books which touched on this timeframe. I was reading the Obi-Wan entry on Wookiepedia, the Star Wars Wiki, and they talk about Obi-Wan having more post-ROTS adventures. I believe all that info comes from the young readers novel series "The Last of the Jedi".

I read elsewhere that Ewan has expressed an interest in appearing in the TV series, so I hold out hope that we'll get one final live-action Obi-Wan tale.

Nice work on the figure, DA.

Josh you are a BAMF!!! That repaint looks amazing!

Wow guys... Thanks for all of the support. It was a challenge, and one I am glad I took. Big thanks to Jedi Mike for giving me the chance to do it, and for coming up with the idea in the first place. It's now one of my repaints that I am the most proud of. :D

dsc0093300ep5.jpg

looks really good bro. I gotta get my robe in better shape. it's got that fresh out of the box look.

DA would you consider doing another one? If might just have to get another Obi-Wan.

woohoo, my first Obi-Wan resculpt cast came out late last night... today i get to paint it. I'm all excited now I get like a little girl when I'm doing something new, lol

It's just the hair and part of the beard I've changed, but I think (hope? lol) it'll make a big difference from a small change. Should be more actor realistic now

.....i hope, lol

mfoga said:
DA would you consider doing another one? If might just have to get another Obi-Wan.

I'm always willing to do more Obi-Wan.... I love painting that figure.... so far it's been about 5 of them and it gets better every time. :lol

In that case, I cant wait to send you more heads Josh, after I get the anakin back and see how he fits in with the rest of my figures!

nash said:
In that case, I cant wait to send you more heads Josh, after I get the anakin back and see how he fits in with the rest of my figures!

Thanks Nash... I should have those eyes ready tonight, so look out for pics later if I can manage it. I really want it to be exactly the way you envisioned it... :D

Don't know whether this has been posted before, but I found this pic on Andy Bergholtz's website https://www.absculpture.com/ (the artist who made the head). What can I say apart from its frigin awesome! It looks so real.

obibig3nwukrz1.png

Gah! From the hand of the master himself!!!

THAT, my friends, is the single best repaint I have ever seen. I would repay the price of the figure to have my head look like that. Merciful wilikers it's PERFECT!!! I'm gonna keel over in amazement now......

Captain Aldeggon said:
...Merciful wilikers it's PERFECT!!! I'm gonna keel over in amazement now......
That is the most hilarious thing I have read all week! :rotfl

OK I know this has become a custom Obi-Wan thread pretty much, but I just wanted to share my pics of Obi-Wan.
Obi15.jpg

Obi21.jpg

Hey did you repaint Luke? His eyes look modified for sure. Let's see more pics! Good Obiwan pose btw. :)

JustinLuck said:
Hey did you repaint Luke? His eyes look modified for sure. Let's see more pics! Good Obiwan pose btw. :)
Thanks Justin. He is a repaint by none other than Figure Master Les (see the De-Deformed Luke thread for a complete history).

Back