1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Sith Lord 0498 said:
So the size of your pics are directly related to the monitor size and resolution? Nothing extra special besides that?

One thing that's bugged me is that my DVD screen grabs are only about 900 or so pixels wide, and I've wanted to get a larger grab. But I also have a 19 inch LCD flat panel, so that makes sense.

Would a widescreen monitor help even more then, I assume??

Yes, especially if you're going to use the widescreen dvds, when I crop down to the actually film image and trim the black, my screen grabs are 1896 pixels wide.

MaulFan said:
Yes, especially if you're going to use the widescreen dvds, when I crop down to the actually film image and trim the black, my screen grabs are 1896 pixels wide.

Very cool. Thanks for the tips, MaulFan. Much appreciated!! :chew

MaulFan said:
I work on a PowerMac G5 with 23 Inch Flat Panel Display, so at full screen, my DVDs playback large and then I just use a standard screen capture program. The stills don't look so great at full res, it's meant to be watched from quite a few feet back where it looks ok, just not up close, but what you see of mine is about 1/3 or less the size of the original still, so that makes the quality look much nicer.

I have a Powerbook G4 and I have tried to take screen captures, but have not been successful. Is there a specific program that I need? I've been using the "Grab" program that came standard, but it wouldn't allow me to take a capture while the DVD player was running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cagoda said:
I have a Powerbook G4 and I have tried to take screen captures, but have not been successful. Is there a specific program that I need? I've been using the "Grab" program that came standard, but it wouldn't allow me to take a capture while the DVD player was running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apple DVD player doesn't allow for screen grabbing, I use a third party software called SnapNDrag, it's free and easy to use.

MaulFan said:
Apple DVD player doesn't allow for screen grabbing, I use a third party software called SnapNDrag, it's free and easy to use.

I assume I just go to Google, type in SnapNDrag, and just get it from there? Thanks!

I just got it, thanks for the help! This is going to come in handy.

a couple of outdoor shots of my favorite jedi to start the new year...

342816259_5879654dc1_o.jpg

342816256_c7cde5b131_o.jpg

here's to more Sideshow fun in 2007!

Love the shots, JediBear! Obi and Ani always look really cool together! I have mine posed side-by-side in my display.

Here's a shot of my Obi-Wan, it's actuallly an older shot, I've since water treated his tunic and such., and can't believe the difference it's made.

Obi.jpg

I repainted his hair and face.

Thanks!

Here's fun one, with Obi. Getting ready for bed. Betcha didn't know Jedi wear monkey pajamas!

bedtime.jpg

Here's my design for an Obi-Wan figure promotional postcard.

Front:
Obi-Wan_Front.jpg

Back:
Obi-Wan_Back.jpg

Very cool! I love the way to do the lightsabers... they look very vibrant, yet fit with the rest of the image!

I think someone's gunning for a job!

C'mon Maul Fan, I'll do the prototypes and you take the pictures!:D

Excellent! That looks great! Keep goin' with the other figures, Maulfan...

To make it even more "official", the only tiny little thing is...you would probably have to have a small disclaimer somewhere indicating that the lightsabers don't light up and that the "product" is posed in a "fantasy" situation (the ole' "Some poses may require additonal support") to CYA for the one dolt out there who wouldn't get it that it's art...

But the card looks great!

ok this isn't the best paintjob... to be honest I rushed it to get it finished because I was getting ready to send the first Anakins out, and I just needed this back on the shelf and out of the way.

I literally just plonked this on the figure right now, and the clothes haven't been put together properly ( I unstitched everything to make it better... and it's still all unstitched, lol so i just put it together for the pics)

I know guys here will do better paintjobs if they get hold of any, but these are the first pics so I thought i'd put them up as a taster so you get an idea of the sculpt (also its dark here so the light is lousy.. hence they're not too clear)

resculpted hair, neck, beard, moustache, nose, cheeks... pretty much everything, lol. more pics tomorrow hopefully

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

Hair and goatee look nice Hunky, but in those shots at least, the beard between his goat and his sideburns looks a little thin.

yeah its the crappy nighttime lighting... It doesn't look like that really, in person the physical sculpt of the beard creates shadows and depth. I'll post better daytime shots tomorrow. I probably should've waited, lol. I was just happy to have it back on the shelf :rotfl

A lot of the apparent 'thickness' of the sides of his beard are created by shadows, it's one reason why everyone has such trouble getting the colours right. Plus the thickness changes during the film. This is the look I went for.... a thick goatee at the front and much thinner sides.

Anyway, proper shots tomorrow :)

beard%20example.jpg

Last edited:
Back