1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang so this begs the question, whats the most any one of you guys have spent on a single figure? :lol

If you're new to collecting 1/6, it'll probably surprise you on how that changes. There was a time when I wouldn't spend more than $80 per figure. Then a couple years later, $140 was my max. Then I missed out on an exclusive SS Storm Shadow from the GI Joe Line, and someone was selling for $200. I couldn't believe I spent $200 on a figure back then. Then a couple years back, I spent $300 on a Hot Toys Hulk. And so on, and so on....
As others have said, it's going to come down to what you think a figure is worth. I think I'm fairly lucky in that (other than Storm Shadow) I haven't paid above launch retail price for anything, and some were at a pretty good discount (or reward points, or sale, etc.). What I've found that helps me, is I have very specific rules on what goes in my collection. It stops me from buying figures just 'cause they look amazing (which is happening more and more often)...

If you're new to collecting 1/6, it'll probably surprise you on how that changes. There was a time when I wouldn't spend more than $80 per figure. Then a couple years later, $140 was my max. Then I missed out on an exclusive SS Storm Shadow from the GI Joe Line, and someone was selling for $200. I couldn't believe I spent $200 on a figure back then. Then a couple years back, I spent $300 on a Hot Toys Hulk. And so on, and so on....
As others have said, it's going to come down to what you think a figure is worth. I think I'm fairly lucky in that (other than Storm Shadow) I haven't paid above launch retail price for anything, and some were at a pretty good discount (or reward points, or sale, etc.). What I've found that helps me, is I have very specific rules on what goes in my collection. It stops me from buying figures just 'cause they look amazing (which is happening more and more often)...

Yeah I started back in 2009/2010, when the biggest issue was dropping a few hundred on that DX Batman with the leaky abs issue. I had an ezio hot toys that I sold back then and recently wanted to purchase again, and eBay prices are $600+! Craziest profit margin on an older hot toys I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6590.jpg

Very nice shot! I’m not really a fan of “static” poses on my figures but 1, having every released IM & WM except 2 (Mk. III GMG & OG Mk. I) sometimes I admit that I’ll put a few looking statuesque:lol

2, you obviously have a good eye and take great pictures (at least the ones I’ve see you post on the forum Yoshi).

Hope you’re enjoying that beast. Diecast WM Mk. I is as close as HT/MCU have come to making a comic accurate WM, In my opinion. I bet I’m in the minority, but I’d buy a Diecast Milk/SE repaint in a heartbeat!

I absolutely love this figure. Easily in my top 5 of my collection.

I do to I think the War machine mk1 and mk3 are some of the best Iron man figures Hot toys has ever done . They are solid feeling have some cool engineering and a lot of cool accessories.

I recently got a mk 2 cheap so I could have all 3 , even though I don't like the mk2 .

This is not how they are displayed just created this pic as a quick comparison.

36464416433_132f67f32c_c.jpg

hmm,and why did you buy it in the first place??

Maybe resell for profit. This thing goes for a pretty penny on eBay

I bought him because I'm a collector and it wasn't for reselling. I just haven't had the time I used to have for the hobby (hence why I'm seeing your posts 2 months later :lol) but I keep buying what I want as it's released. So I'm sitting on about 25 figs still sealed that I haven't got to unbox yet :monkey1

fullsizeoutput_f18.jpg

with the prices of this guy ever shooting through the roof, very chuffed to have what i consider the best WM Mark in my small collection, but the MK3 is pretty badass too! :clap

Attachments

• P1030551.jpg
    P1030551.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 221
Got a great deal on a used one on eBay last week. Unfortunately, the battle damaged mask was missing the clear visor over the eyes. Seller didn't notice so he gave me a partial refund. Now I'm trying to figure out where to find a replacement. Could seem to find anything on eBay. Anyone have any suggestions?20171004_235250_resized.jpg

Nice pictures man! Always good shots here and on instagram [emoji106]��

Thanks mate! much appreciated! :hi5:

Got a great deal on a used one on eBay last week. Unfortunately, the battle damaged mask was missing the clear visor over the eyes. Seller didn't notice so he gave me a partial refund. Now I'm trying to figure out where to find a replacement. Could seem to find anything on eBay. Anyone have any suggestions?View attachment 370826

Couldnt you just pick up any old Iron Man faceplate, whatever is readily available and swap it out? Would imagine they would be the same.

Thanks mate! much appreciated! :hi5:

Couldnt you just pick up any old Iron Man faceplate, whatever is readily available and swap it out? Would imagine they would be the same.

I've actually looked at most of my old armors to see if I could steal something from one, but they are all different shapes/sizes.

Back