1/6 DiD D80152 WW2 German Afrika Korps Infantry Schütze/Gefreiter – Burk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DiD DAK Infantry 12.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 19.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 2.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 4.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 10.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 5.jpeg
DiD DAK Infantry 6.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 113.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 7.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 115.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 116.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 8.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 1.jpeg
DiD DAK Infantry 9.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 17.jpeg
DiD DAK Infantry 18.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 14.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 11.jpeg
DiD DAK Infantry 3.jpeg

DiD DAK Infantry 20.jpeg

Brief Introduction

Great news for the collectors of WWII German soldiers. The WWII German Africa Corps can team up now. Let's welcome the infantryman Burk.

He looks tense and serious. You can see he is watching you with a frown and full of sincerity in his eyes. Stubbles is on his square face.

All-new DID 1/6 Advanced Body (Slim version) is applied on him. With over 40 articulations on the new body make it highly posable in more natural ways.

Same with his Captain Wilhem, the outfits for him is very “tropical”. M35 Desert-tan helmet and pith helmet are exchangeable. Pullover shirt and M40 tunic are on with brown overcoat on top. Oliver green trousers cover the thigh and legs. Low boots are on the feet. Sweat rag tan and goggles are used to protect against sandstorms.

He is carrying a M31 A-frame with bag on the back and equipped with shovel, gas mask canister, mess tin and two canteens as well. Weathering is on the canister, mess tin and two canteens. And the canister and mess tin are made of metal. The daimon flashlight is hanging over the chest. M31 gas mask cape bag and bread bag are also included.

K98 rifle could be wrapped in the action cover and the bayonet could be attached on the K98. Also there are two M24 grenades for him.

Captain Wilhem is waiting for his teammate. Don't let him down. Just order Burk and build up your German DAK team.

Full Part List

Base

1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New – DID 1:6 Advanced Body (Slim Ver.)
3 Open palms
4 Palms for holding rifle

Outfits

5 German M35 DAK desert-tan helmet with inner liner
6 German DAK tropical pith helmet
7 German DAK tropical M40 tunic with collar tabs
8 WW2 German tropical pullover shrit
9 German DAK tropical trousers
10 German DAK tropical greatcoat
11 Sweat rag tan
12 German DAK tropical canvas M31 Y-straps
13 German DAK tropical canvas belt
14 German DAK tropical low boots (partial genuine leather)

Accessories

15 German DAK tropical canvas M31 A-frame
16 German canvas M31 gas mask cape bag
17 German DAK shovel with canvas carrier
18 German bread bag
19 German A-frame bag
20 Brown K98 ammo pouch X 2 (genuine leather)
21 German DAK M38 gas mask canister (with weathering)
22 German DAK mess tin (with weathering)
23 German DAK tropical coconut canteen (with weathering)
24 German canteen (with weathering)
25 WW2 German tropical goggle
26 German DAK daimon telko trio military flashlight
27 Military watch

Weapon

28 K98 rifle with action cover
29 German bayonet with scabbard and hanger
30 M24 grenade X 2 (with weathering)

Insignia

31 Breast Eagle
32 WWII German DAK sleeve ranking X 2
33 Black wound badge
34 Afrika korps cuff title

Another good looking figure but I can't place the head sculpt, unless it isn't supposed to be of an actor.

Someone on the BBICN forum thought he was Andy Whitfield, the late actor from Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

EhpGPCnXcAEyBzO.jpg

If it is, it's an odd choice considering the Michael Byrne sculpt for the Hauptmann figure made more sense.

DiD have already started posting videos for Burk:

Their video descriptions say, "WWII German Africa Corps WH infantry Burk has been released."

But he isn't supposed to be out until Q2 2022.

I love the videos they produce, and that there's so much attention to real world details.

Looks really cool. How's the quality of DiD? Into historical figures and would be nice to have a smaller WW2 collection.

Would look rather lonely on the shelf though, mostly have HT terminator and SW figures. How do you display your WW2 collection, @Asta?

Looks really cool. How's the quality of DiD? Into historical figures and would be nice to have a smaller WW2 collection.

I received Hauptmann Wilhelm the other day and the quality is really good. He's the first DiD I've had since John Coleman, who was a 2007 figure. Back then the clothing material was too thick and the cap over sized.

On Wilhem they look perfectly scaled.

The level of detail is also incredible.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ka-korps-infantry-hauptmann-–-wilhelm.243362/
51739604608_61902f358a_o.jpg

Would look rather lonely on the shelf though, mostly have HT terminator and SW figures. How do you display your WW2 collection, @Asta?

I have different areas of historical figures. There aren't many WW2 figures at the moment as I hadn't intended to get back into it after selling off most of my old Dragon (DML) collection.

A while back I bought a Soldier Story 1930s Chinese Nationalist and a pair of 1930s Japanese soldiers from Kadhobby, because of my interest in Shanghai of that period.

When Alert Line began a series of Red Army women I found myself back into WW2. I was doing fine not expanding further until DiD announced The Afrika Korps!

That then lead to Hans-Joachim Marseille because he's dressed for North Africa.

I cleared a Detolf shelf beneath the Indiana Jones figures, because it was the tropical troops in Raiders of the Lost Ark that originally got me interested in the Afrika Korps.

At the moment I'm more interested in historical figures than Star Wars or other fiction.

Your North Afrika collection is growing super-fast!

The time between pre-order and production on these is pretty fast!

I have the parts ready to make the second figure from Burk's spares too.

DiD's becoming addictive and I'm impatient for the next in this tropical series.

Soon...

b0.jpeg

b00.jpeg

b1.jpeg

Another jigsaw! :slap

b2.jpeg

There was a thread on BBICN where DiD was asking if people wanted them to make a frame available for their jigsaws.

The response was pretty much a resounding, we don't even want the jigsaws! Give us something we can use with the figures instead! :lol

New Product Preview 1/1 DID Puzzle Photo Frame (Standard Version) Do you want it?

b3.jpeg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=382429&highlight=did

I don't understand the inclusion of the puzzles. In my opinion, only an added expense, as I have no plans for it.

I would have preferred a desert base, similar to the one that comes with the Marseille update set. That would compliment the figure.

Received the invoice from Giantoy for Burk this morning.

A funny thing happened on the way to finalising my assembly of parts to make use of Burk's coat and tropenhelm. I was only using unused pieces from Wilhelm plus what I had in my stash of parts. So for trousers I'd settled on what looked like a baggy sand coloured pair from an old Fallschirmjaeger figure. They weren't quite right though: not thin enough, and not long enough to blouse properly.

Another search through my boxes turned up a pair that were almost the identical colour to Wilhelm's tunic. The source of these are a complete mystery, as they must've come in a lot of gear I bought at a car boot sale years ago. I assumed they were from the 1990s era Action Man. They'll tuck into the boots without anklets as with Burk's. Though Burk's have a drawstring in the hems that helps with the tucking and blousing.

Just lucky I never chose to recolour that old pair, as I did with some others when kitbashing figures.

Review by gzr123

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=382887&extra=page=1
Their written review wasn't that favourable, but then the BBICN forum holds companies to harsh standards.

Aside from the price, the accessories are more recent ones, the new body, the
head carving and painting of the film and television actors have maintained the recent standard , the
uniform is still bloated and thick, and the threads are flying. It is also the consistent level of did, and the collar is imitation Veyron pad printing is non-removable
The flashlight can light up, and the workmanship of the ammunition bag is the same as that of the GM647 salute. The
delivery is fast, but the traces of rush work are obvious. The cable is twisted and twisted
. Official pictures, jars, kettles, and lunch boxes are all old, and frame A is rare.
Generally speaking, this theme is okay. North African players need to supplement the accessories of this box. The old stuff from a few years ago will no longer work. At present, DID is still going downhill. I don’t know when the rough workmanship and bloated uniforms will change. There is really nothing amazing. I hope did can really improve himself.

b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg
b8.jpg
b9.jpg
b10.jpg
b11.jpg
b13.jpg

b12.jpg

b15.jpg

b14.jpg

b16.jpg
b17.jpg
b18.jpg
b19.jpg

Comparison with Wilhelm's tunic:

b20.jpg

DiD really are the masters of military figures.

That's where I see them.

Members on the BBICN forum are often hard on DiD, and that last review said, "DID is still going downhill".

Yet, from my perspective I still see them at the top of the hill!

In hand they're incredible, and put most companies to shame - even the biggest ones.

That's where I see them.

Members on the BBICN forum are often hard on DiD, and that last review said, "DID is still going downhill".

Yet, from my perspective I still see them at the top of the hill!

In hand they're incredible, and put most companies to shame - even the biggest ones.
Yeah I have never been disappointed by a Dragon fig I bought, they are super fun to put together out the box and get your figure looking how you want. My only criticism would be sometimes their bodies are not the best, but that is mainly the older Dragon figs.

Back