1/6 DiD D80152 WW2 German Afrika Korps Infantry Schütze/Gefreiter – Burk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their new bodies are good. Especially the latest 'Slim', except it's designed for their own sculpts.

Their new bodies are good. Especially the latest 'Slim', except it's designed for their own sculpts.
3reich is a part of Dragon isnt it?
I got this SS Stormtrooper recently, very nice figure and the body seems pretty sturdy.

i1jkRxr.jpg

3vXACOV.jpg

3reich is a part of Dragon isnt it?

Yes, it's the brand name DiD use for their more controversial figures.

I got this SS Stormtrooper recently, very nice figure and the body seems pretty sturdy.

I don't know the history of DiD's bodies. My first and only DiD for years was the 2007 John Coleman, who never impressed even back then because the clothing was too thick, and the face was a bit odd. I think he was on quite a tall body.

My next one was the Afrika Korps Hauptmann Wilhelm (D80151). The body they used for him was much slimmer and very good. Then Marseille (D80154) arrived on their brand new Advanced Slim body. This one is even slimmer, and very good period wise for WW2 characters.

The only issue is if you want to use it for other sculpts. The neck ball joint is very small, and therefore not universally compatible. It also makes non DiD sculpts sit at the wrong height, so it's really designed for 'in house' use.

Great job, Asta!

That dio base from Marseille really works well with this figure, too.

That's not mine! (He's still on his way).

That was Remington 300 on the BBICN forum who went to work on his Burk!

I haven't put the Marseille base to use yet.

That's not mine! (He's still on his way).

That was Remington 300 on the BBICN forum who went to work on his Burk!

I haven't put the Marseille base to use yet.
Ah, ok. R300 did a great job of subtle weathering. That base really brings out more of the figure, too.

Burk arrived today, and took an age to assemble.

Still needs a bit more futzing:

100_2315.JPG

100_2316.JPG

100_2318.JPG

100_2319.JPG

A bit of everything went into making the second figure, to put Burk's M35 helmet, goggles, overcoat and torch to use (though I hadn't fastened the torch to the coat button when I took the photo):

100_2311.JPG

The other parts that went into him were DiD Wilhelm's Y-strap, MP40 pouches and MP40; DiD German mountain boots that I've had for years; Dragon (DML) tunic, belt, bread bag, water bottle, canteen. shovel and bayonet; the trousers were the unknown pair from spares that happened to be close in colour; the scarf was made from a Kenner 12" Obi-Wan belt; the sculpt is VTS' Dark Zone Agent, and the body the slim one from DAF Toys' Scarecrow.

100_2325.JPG

DiD has done an excellent job with these figures. Plus, they bring so many options that one could cobble together a second figure with just the addition of another body/head sculpt and some loose items.

And great looking North Afrika display you've got there.

I moved the motorcyclist onto the shelf with Marseille etc, as there wasn't much DAK about him.

So now I have a shelf just for the DAK:

100_2327.JPG

100_2342.JPG

I painted the belt buckle green on the overcoated Gefreiter, but after setting him holding the MP40 with two hands again it's no longer very visible anyway.

Another great figure from DiD.

I actually like their videos, aside from the robotic voice. In the past, it has helped with setting up some of my figures.

It would be tough for me to decide how to display it, as there are several good options available.

Another great figure from DiD.

I actually like their videos, aside from the robotic voice. In the past, it has helped with setting up some of my figures.

It would be tough for me to decide how to display it, as there are several good options available.
Yeah that can sometimes be the problem, DiD figs come with so much stuff your spoiled for choice.

I moved the motorcyclist onto the shelf with Marseille etc, as there wasn't much DAK about him.

So now I have a shelf just for the DAK:

View attachment 571638

View attachment 571649

I painted the belt buckle green on the overcoated Gefreiter, but after setting him holding the MP40 with two hands again it's no longer very visible anyway.
Great shelf :clap.

I got the old DiD Rommel, thats a great figure.

uWLDAvi.jpg

Back