1/6 Custom Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

A while ago I managed to pick up a copy of the 1990 Captain America movie starring Matt Salinger. For me it was still very enjoyable and brought back great memories of Captain America. The movie may have dated a little and may not be in the same league as the current Superhero movies, but I still feel this was an excellent representation of Steve Rogers / Captain America.

Imagine my joy when I spotted this figure on Ebay recently. To me it was the closest that I would come to having a Captain America 1/6 scale movie figure. This figure has been made by a well known Superhero customiser GreyDeath https://www.toymania.com/custom/Galleries/Greydeath/greydeath1.htm

He has produced a few variations of Captain America but I feel that this one has a very close headsculpt to Matt Salinger. The only thing I felt needed changing to make him look more movie accurate were the wings on his cowl. The movie wings were larger and a different shape to the comic book version which were the ones that GreyDeath had fitted.

While not 100% movie accurate I feel he is the closest to a movie version that you can get and he look freakin awesome as well.

Enjoy some pics

Movie Poster from 1990

capposter2.jpg

ca2.jpg
ca27.jpg

ca15.jpg
ca31.jpg

ca36.jpg

ca11.jpg

ca4.jpg

ca5.jpg

ca20.jpg

cheers

If you want to some more images of him and other pictures of figures in my collection visit my Flickr site in the link below.

I just bought a Daredevil (not Ben Afleck) from the same seller a couple of weeks ago. He has made a few different Marvel characters that appear to be high quality work. I love the DD that I got.

ca2.jpg

YO YO YO, looks like Cap just finished busting out a rap....where is Cap's bling aound his neck?

Last I checked, the same seller had a Cap head and shield unpainted for about $25.

The costuming is fantastic but the head looks strange on that body, abnormally large...the shield is undersized especially when you take a look at piece that are 1/6 like MR's Golden Age Cap Shield and compare it to the 8" version.....the Marvel Legends ICON Shield would look really nice with this as well....

I have spoken to GreyDeath at the OneSixthWarriors board as well as seen the other work he has done and he has a knack for 1/6 superheroes.

He also has a love for doing custom Captain America figures. GreyDeath said he uses the same material that Medicom does to make his superhero outfits/uniforms.

This figure, just like his other ones, looks outstanding.

ca2.jpg

YO YO YO, looks like Cap just finished busting out a rap....where is Cap's bling aound his neck?

:lol

Captain America isn't just an all round American hero, he is also an all round dancing star. Give him a boom-box and he knows how to bust out all the moves.

Saturday Night Fever

cp7.jpg

The Robot

cp5.jpg

Cap's patented B'Boy move, The Shield Spin

cp3.jpg

cheers

G'day All

In the course of taking the above parody photos I took the opportunity to take a few more of this custom made Captain America.

These new images can be found in the link in my signature but here are a few teasers.

cp11.jpg

cp23.jpg

cp2.jpg

enjoy :)

cheers

Wow, I love this custom, Cap looks really awesome and what about his suit.
Maybe the shield looks a little bit small.

Back