1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO John Matrix ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

Cheezy yes, but also great fun.
There is a lot of cult/camp value to the film nowadays and as I grew up watching it, I think the character is very essential to my figure collection.

Oh, and thanks for the support.

Last edited:

Daymn! this is hard. All these itsy-bitsy parts and details. Sometimes you really have to wonder how HT employees get these things together... bet the pay (for assembly) isn't all that great either?

Cheezy yes, but also great fun.
There is a lot of cult/camp value to the film nowadays and as I grew up watching it, I think the character is very essential to my figure collection.

Oh, and thanks for the support.

Everyones different I have dutch from predator in my collection but no urge to make a john matrix as it was'nt as big an influence on me.
Not slagging it at all,looks great and I would buy it hot toys or not if I could afford it.

Everyones different I have dutch from predator in my collection but no urge to make a john matrix as it was'nt as big an influence on me.
Not slagging it at all,looks great and I would buy it hot toys or not if I could afford it.

I think the biggest influence on me was Arnold himself. Ofcourse character vise, Dutch still comes first (though I think that after HT T-800, the HT Dutch-figure seems a bit out-dated now?), but T1/Commando/Predator/T2 were all essential movies to me growing up and so very essential to my figure collection now. Us old farts are somehow longing back to the 80's I guess ;)
But, talking Arnold classics, it's only resently that I've began to realize the value of Red Heat (again bit campy), but almost everything else in Arnolds filmography hold no intrest to me (figure vise that is). Maybe Conan I would buy, if done right, that is...

From all my figures, I think this one has become my favourite. For all the work I've put into it.
But still, if HT someday decides to make one, I could be persuaded to buy.
This one isn't perfect, but it's the best I can come up with...

But this might also be my "swan song" to the hobby. Somehow I think that is (somehow) why I decided not to wait for it and start building it myself. I'm still intrested of what HT does, but somehow I havent bought anything after T2 T-800, which was the one I always wanted. And in-hope-of-which I essentially started collecting Hot Toys (in 2006) in the first place. Nothing has quite "tickled" me since...

I, like you was heavily influenced by Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies in the 1980s! I grew up then, with him, and yes, Sylvester Stallone, and big positive influences in my life growing up as a "red-blooded" American boy in the '80s. I loved Arnold's movies, and me and my two younger brothers watched them over and over on VHS tape...wearing them out. Terminator, Terminator 2, Commando, Predator, both Conan movies, Red Heat, and yeah, even Red Sonja just to see Arnold wave around a sword in it for a short time. Yeah, Commando may be "cheezy" by today's movie standards...but I don't care! I'll always love it for the great action, memorable lines, and hey...Arnold! I really enjoy what Hot Toys is doing now with figures of Arnold from Predator with Dutch, I have him, and the awesome new T-800. I don't have him...yet. But I hope to get him soon!

I have always wanted to make a custom John Matrix from Commando, or buy one already made (if Hot Toys even makes one!). Your custom Commando is incredible! I've seen one other one here on the board that was great, but yours blows it away! The accuracy and attention to detail rival that of what Hot Toys is doing now! I've got the vest, and the quad rocket launcher already. Thanks for your "recipe" or parts list of what you used for your Commando. I will use that as a reference for mine. :wave

Outstanding work elaman merimies! I am VERY impressed! Your work really makes me want to get serious about finally making a custom John Matrix of my own now! :)

AWESOME THREAD :hi5:

Loved this movie since I was a Teen,

THE GEAR UP SEQUENCE !!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sMWLV5Ad0vs?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sMWLV5Ad0vs?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Looking forward to more updates

kindest regards Tys

I think the biggest influence on me was Arnold himself. Ofcourse character vise, Dutch still comes first (though I think that after HT T-800, the HT Dutch-figure seems a bit out-dated now?), but T1/Commando/Predator/T2 were all essential movies to me growing up and so very essential to my figure collection now. Us old farts are somehow longing back to the 80's I guess ;)
But, talking Arnold classics, it's only resently that I've began to realize the value of Red Heat (again bit campy), but almost everything else in Arnolds filmography hold no intrest to me (figure vise that is). Maybe Conan I would buy, if done right, that is...

From all my figures, I think this one has become my favourite. For all the work I've put into it.
But still, if HT someday decides to make one, I could be persuaded to buy.
This one isn't perfect, but it's the best I can come up with...

But this might also be my "swan song" to the hobby. Somehow I think that is (somehow) why I decided not to wait for it and start building it myself. I'm still intrested of what HT does, but somehow I havent bought anything after T2 T-800, which was the one I always wanted. And in-hope-of-which I essentially started collecting Hot Toys (in 2006) in the first place. Nothing has quite "tickled" me since...

My fav arnie films are
Terminator
Predator
Total recall
The running man
Commando
Kindergarden cop (shaaaadup)

I have a terminator figure,have dutch so that is enough for me for now.

He has done some good films red heat was a good comedy action film, but there is only the commando one that has any appeal to me to get now,maybe a t2 figure.

Shame you are giving up the hobby but kids are very time consuming as I have recently found out myself.

Oh yeah. I forgot Total Recall, and The Running Man. My top 10 Arnold list of favorite movies from him:
1.) Terminator 2
2.) Predator
3.) Commando
4.) Terminator
5.) Total Recall
6.) The Running Man
7.) Red Heat
8.) Kindergarten Cop
9.) Conan The Destroyer
10.) Eraser

Honorable mentions for: End Of Days, Twins and Collateral Damage. Good Arnold movies, but didn't make it into my "top 10". Of course there's also Hercules In New York, Villain, and Stay Hungry! Early Arnold movies. :wink1: Then there's....Last Action Hero. I really didn't like it for a long time, but it's grown on me. I take it for what it is now. Arnold spoofing himself so to speak.

Last edited:

Oh yeah. I forgot Total Recall, and The Running Man. My top 10 Arnold list of favorite movies from him:
1.) Terminator 2
2.) Predator
3.) Commando
4.) Terminator
5.) Total Recall
6.) The Running Man
7.) Red Heat
8.) Kindergarten Cop
9.) Conan The Destroyer
10.) Twins

Honorable mentions for: End Of Days, and Collateral. Good Arnold movies, but didn't make it into my "top 10". Of course there's also Hercules In New York, Villain, and Stay Hungry! Early Arnold movies. :wink1:

That one is well above in my list. :exactly:

Terminator 2 is my favourite film, not just my favourite Arnie film. My other favourites, in no particular order are The Terminator, True Lies, Predator, Jingle all the Way, Kindergarten Cop, Last action hero, Commando, Eraser. Could go on and on really. Arnie is a legend!

awesome figure here

Yeah. They made some sweet-a**-macho-bulls**t-action-goodness in the 80's and early 90's, but then the genre kinda hit a pothole. Props to The Expendables for trying to bring some of it back. Even a little.

Maybe once a year I get the urge to dig out my Arnie Blu-ray/dvd collection and return to the 80's. To the time when everything was simple in life. As I've said before most watched Arnie-classics would be Terminator2/Commando/Predator/True lies/ maybe even in that order.
I own all his movies and I have later grown to like The Last Action hero/Red Heat/Kindergarten cop, but by the time we get to Eraser(1996)/End of Days(1999)/6th Day(2000)/Collateral Damage(2002)/Terminator3(2003), something already seems to be missing.
Those movies just dont have the feeling of nostalgy to them (not for me anyways). Like the "everything was better in the old days" stuff our fathers and grandfathers used to tell us.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

But now someone has uploaded a pic of my unfinished figure, on Hot Toys facebook-page. I really didn't appreciate this :mad: not in it's unfinished form and without giving me anykind of credit for it. Yes, there's my sig on the pic, but still, most users seem to have dyslexia, as they seem to think it is an up-coming Hot Toys product.
Please delete it. You know who you are.

Finished pics coming soon I hope. Though the valmet is giving me a bit of a headache...

Last edited:

Yeah. They made some sweet-a**-macho-bulls**t-action-goodness in the 80's and early 90's, but then the genre kinda hit a pothole. Props to The Expendables for trying to bring some of it back. Even a little.

Maybe once a year I get the urge to dig out my Arnie Blu-ray/dvd collection and return to the 80's. To the time when everything was simple in life. As I've said before most watched Arnie-classics would be Terminator2/Commando/Predator/True lies/ maybe even in that order.
I own all his movies and I have later grown to like The Last Action hero/Red Heat/Kindergarten cop, but by the time we get to Eraser(1996)/End of Days(1999)/6th Day(2000)/Collateral Damage(2002)/Terminator3(2003), something already seems to be missing.
Those movies just dont have the feeling of nostalgy to them (not for me anyways). Like the "everything was better in the old days" stuff our fathers and grandfathers used to tell us.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

But now someone has uploaded a pic of my unfinished figure, on Hot Toys facebook-page. I really didn't appreciate this :mad: not in it's unfinished form and without giving me anykind of credit for it. Yes, there's my sig on the pic, but still, most users seem to have dyslexia, as they seem to think it is an up-coming Hot Toys product.

Finished pics coming soon I hope. Though the valmet is giving me a bit of a headache...

Wasn't me, but again great work and I'm really hyped about creating this figure and I think u've just given me that push, always had this on the back burner for projects :rock

Was'nt me either but you have got to see the funny side and its a compliment to your custom that people think its an upcoming release:)

Look on the bright side, you're figure is definitely held in high regard!

I'm starting soon, got a T-800 body and head ready to go! I think it will work, the T-800 body, not as good as the Dutch body but it'll work!

I promise you I didn't post your "W.I.P." Commando figure on the Hot Toys facebook page. I admire your talent and hard work on it. I would never do that to anyone.

I agree about that "nostalgic" 1980s feeling of most of Arnold's movies. They're like an old friend that you can visit again and again, that's always there for you! I have most all of them on DVD, and am slowly getting them on Blu-Ray now. Yeah, Arnold's later movies just didn't have that same good time feeling to them. But being the die-hard fan that I am...I saw them anyway. :)

I still hope to start a custom Commando figure of my own sometime this year. Your work is a big inspiration to me to get started on my own figure! :wave

Shamefully I still haven't seen Eraser, End of Days, Collateral damage or Jingle all the way. And its been years since I saw Red Sonja or Commando, I'd love to see those again.

T1, T2, Predator, Total Recall, True Lies, Running Man and Conan 2 (and I see I'm not the only one who prefers the sequel) would be all of my favourites...and yeah probably in that order.

All you need is a Bennett custom and you'll have a perfect set my friend.......
commando.jpg

Back