1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO John Matrix ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

With a few PM's I got, I'm under the impression that some of you are gonna try this custom.
So, I think it would be in-order to share a word on the HT rubber bodies (as I really didn't know the extent of this issue before I started).

The rubber body absorbs almost any impurities it comes to contact with. You know how an eraser can absorb color form a pencil? Same thing here.
I mean, I knew the risks and decided to use water color for the camo. By doing this I could just wash it off, if I ever felt the need to use the body somewhere else, right?
WRONG! The color sinks right into the body. Ofcourse the color itself stays on the surface, but it also rubs in further.
If I now wash the camo off the arms, it will still have a greyish camo patterns on them, because of this color absorbtion (dunno if that's even a word?).
And if you rub too hard while washing, you are likely to break the surface of the rubber which eventually will leed into tearing of the rubber (I think).
And remember not to use any corrosive stuff on it. I'm still unsure what the water color will do to the rubber in the long run...

So, If you are thinking of using water based colors, and would like having the option to wash the color off at some point, you are better off using a T-800 body!

Thanks for the advide.

I dunno the arms look cool camoed up. You can just put sleeves on
his if you wanted to change it to a Terminator or another custom.

However, It's nice to know a little about the muscle bodies so I know to be careful what comes in contact with Dutch's to avoid unwanted marks. I guess someone had to test it first and it sucks that you can't rub the the paint off.

Amazing looking custom,I'm sourcing parts myself for a Matrix,
Great job so far :)

kindest regards
Tys

That's the best looking John Matrix bash i've seen!
I initially thought the T800's headsculpt would be too "old", so a Dutch head would be more suitable but your's came out great.
I also want to bash one but i'm going the simpler (and cheaper) route, just the topless version with the M60E3 happily shooting at the hombres.

May i ask where the dark green pants are from? Or did you dye it?
Thanks!

That's the best looking John Matrix bash i've seen!
I initially thought the T800's headsculpt would be too "old", so a Dutch head would be more suitable but your's came out great.
I also want to bash one but i'm going the simpler (and cheaper) route, just the topless version with the M60E3 happily shooting at the hombres.

May i ask where the dark green pants are from? Or did you dye it?
Thanks!

I think these are similar to the ones I used: https://cgi.ebay.com/060R-1-6-Actio...rmy-Pants-/280548507471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
but note that they dont have the... um... belt holes(?), you'll have to excuse my french, as I dunno what it's properly called :)

Oh belt loops, you mean.
Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the kind words everyone :hi5: I really am overwhelmed of all the feedback.
I wasn't even planning taking on this project, but as I asked for this figure/the chances of seeing it, in the HT facebook page, somehow several other HT-fans started dissing the idea of this figure? I mean what's that all about? What harm is it to others if HT had decided to make this thing? It's not like they are oblicated to buy every single item Hot Toys makes? Is it? I didn't really understand the hole ordeal, but I guess some fans just like to stir things up a little...
But moving along, dissapointed from that, somehow I started seeing the forest from the trees and saw how it could be done as a custom. I mean well planned is ½-way done. Right? Wrong. BOOM!
I had to put collecting on hold for this monstrous project. This really is a time/money consuming project (I live in Finland so the postage cost's alone were a killer). The tactical vest, M202A1 and other stuff are heavily modified just for this film, so it's not really that easy finding all the stuff and figuring out how to make everything work... and with my three year old running around (I'm a stay-home-dad at the moment), I was just going loco most of the time :panic: ...and it didn't really help that when it arrived, the wife decided to give, the M202A1 to my son to play with...

But anyways here's my problem area for now:

000Commando_FINAL_pic3-BACK____72dpi.jpg

There seems to be somekind of a rig (dunno if that's the right word?) supporting the two throwing knives in the back. Unfortunately no copy of the film (at least any of the ones I have, dont own the Blu-ray) is really all-that-clear. So that you could really see what's going on in the back. So, I thought prop-pics would really help me there, but as it's not really seen in the movie it doesen't really even matter what I do. But still... I cant really figure out what to do with it.

As this is a Work-in-progress I dont want to put too many pics out there just yet.

I'm still trying to figure out this "rig-thingy" for now. And after that there really is only the Valmet to go, and I think I basicly have it all figured out already. So the "final" pics might be coming soon(er than even I dare to think).

I'LL BE BACK.

I love commando that movie is epic. And that custom is the best Shwarzenegger figure I have ever seen.

I have the DVD these are the best shots I could get.(He doesn't show his back too often)

commando1e.jpg

https://img21.imageshack.us/f/commando1e.jpg/

commando2.jpg

https://img804.imageshack.us/f/commando2.jpg/

Last edited:

I love commando that movie is epic. And that custom is the best Shwarzenegger figure I have ever seen.

I have the DVD these are the best shots I could get.(He doesn't show his back too often)

Thanks for these.
Those actually made me think of something... I'LL BE BACK.

Thanks a lot for the parts list!

commando1e.jpg

https://img21.imageshack.us/f/commando1e.jpg/

commando2.jpg

https://img804.imageshack.us/f/commando2.jpg/

Noticed these shapes in the middle, when firefox rezised the image:
00back.jpg

I'm beginning to think there are just two pouches/pockets (similar to the on on the side) in the back there.
What do you guys reckon?

Wow thats very, very nice :clap

Show us some more pictures :)

Last edited:

great looking custom.

anyone else have this figure:
24658.jpg

I remember when i bought this new :)

That kinda looks like my current Commando WIP! :(

great looking custom.

anyone else have this figure:
24658.jpg

I remember when i bought this new :)

Is that the large 18" one?Always regretted not buying that when I saw it for 50p in a discount store many years ago.

Ok, here we go. Back done (not one of my best pics, but bare with me):

000Commando_BACK-CLOSE-UP-FINAL____72dpi.jpg

I intially decided against this option, but I now ran the straps all the way down (in the back). Mainly to add some texture to it.
However I still think that this should preferably, be done only by sewing some seams in the back of the vest. This is because in the movie, the straps actually seem to run inside the vest, when they go over the shoulder. But as I dont own a sewing machine this will have to do...

Please note that the texture on the straps+knife sheats doesen't actually seem that heavy to the naked eye.
And the knives are all wrong, but these were the best I could find, so...

I'LL BE BACK!

Looks really good bit of a cheesy film now but a great watch.
Surprised you got so many haters but the figure looks good so f*&k em:)

Back