1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going for the exclusive like always.

Released after the surprising success of B:TAS Season 1, the cult classic 1993 movie introduced one of our favorite DC characters ever … the killer vigilante Andrea Beaumont (aka The Phantasm). Now, we’re giving you two options to add her to your collection: a deluxe Timed Edition and a Regular Edition. Available for only six days, our Timed Edition includes exclusive extras like the smoke base attachment and swappable Andrea torso!

Both editions will drop Tuesday, September 19 at 12 PM CT, with the Timed Edition available until Monday, September 25 at 11:59 AM CT ... only at MondoShop.com.

Timed Edition $210. Regular Edition $190. Payment plans are available. Limit two per customer. Estimated to ship February 2024. Ships to select countries. Free shipping to the United States, Canada, UK and the EU.

Timed Edition includes:

• Phantasm Figure
  • Swappable Hood 1
  • Swappable Hood 2*
  • Swappable Andrea Torso*
  • Swappable Attack Blade & Acid Attack Blade
  • Swappable Hands:
    • Left Phantasm Fist
    • Left Aggressive Hand
    • Left Neutral
    • Smoke Attack Left Hand
    • Left Andrea Fist, Right Andrea Fist*
  • Smoke Base Figure Stand Attachment*
  • Bat Symbol Figure Stand
* Timed Edition exclusives

Regular Edition includes:
  • Phantasm Figure
  • Swappable Hood 1
  • Swappable Attack Blade & Acid Attack Blade
  • Swappable Hands:
    • Left Phantasm Fist
    • Left Aggressive Hand
    • Left Neutral
    • Smoke Attack Left Hand
  • Bat Symbol Figure Stand

fSaQpLs.jpeg

Phantasm looks good but I dunno, I can't seem to justify spending the $200 on mondo figures now. I got Catwoman, Batman and Mr. Freeze for like around 130~ each and I think thats cutting it kinda close to the max of what I wanted to pay. When did these figures jump up to $200 as retail.

Phantasm looks good but I dunno, I can't seem to justify spending the $200 on mondo figures now. I got Catwoman, Batman and Mr. Freeze for like around 130~ each and I think thats cutting it kinda close to the max of what I wanted to pay. When did these figures jump up to $200 as retail.
COVID, tho when Joker was first revealed, he was set for $165 so the prices were already starting to creep up.

Im conflicted. I backed out of the line because I really disliked my Mondo Batman and ended up selling it. Still have Mr. Freeze, really am interested in Phantasm, but it feels weird to have a bunch of villains but no Batman.

Im conflicted. I backed out of the line because I really disliked my Mondo Batman and ended up selling it. Still have Mr. Freeze, really am interested in Phantasm, but it feels weird to have a bunch of villains but no Batman.
I don't actually think it would be that weird to have a shelf full of Batman villains and no Batman. I think they'd look really cool together, even without the B'man.

We are suckers, as the Joker would say. These figures are way Overpriced. One thing is that second market prices go up with time as the figure becomes rare and hard to find, there I could understand if someone that missed out goes for it. But companies keep inflating their figures to match the second market prices, as greedy as they can get. And we buy it. Suckers.

Do these figures still suffer from QC issues? I bought the original Mondo Batman and he's not doing so well today, the crotch grabber has left a dent in the figure, the shading viny skin has completely cracked, the joints are loose and there are magical scuff marks around the figure despite me never posing him at all!

I really, REALLY want to get the figures from this line but the possible QC and high prices really makes me trepedatious.

Fwiw, I think they (mondo) have been making some pretty significant strides in QC and offering "bang for the collective buck" as it were. They dropped the ball pretty hard this year but owned up to it, offered a replacement and credit to boot, and seem to have come out better at the end.

I'd like to order the Phantasm figure, but I was wondering if the free shipping towards the EU mean that they have a local warehouse, or do they ship for free and the customer then has to pay the insanely high import tax?

Do these figures still suffer from QC issues? I bought the original Mondo Batman and he's not doing so well today, the crotch grabber has left a dent in the figure, the shading viny skin has completely cracked, the joints are loose and there are magical scuff marks around the figure despite me never posing him at all!

I really, REALLY want to get the figures from this line but the possible QC and high prices really makes me trepedatious.

I had exclusive Batman, black Batman, exclusive Freeze and exclusive Catwoman. Sold them all. Batman’s print was coming off his cape. The plastic was showing cracks and deformations and I never even displayed or played with them. Catwoman’s heads were loose and never fit right.

By the time Joker came out, I sold them all.

Phantasm looks great, but I wouldn’t trust the black plastic she’s made out of. Problem with this line is, each new character that comes out makes the last one look horrible. Batman is so bad compared to the others. Short, off model, weird articulation and that horrible torso line. I don’t know. I think it’s crazy that the best sculpt of BTAS Batman is a 30 year old toy. By the time Mondo makes Robin he’ll be so much more advanced that he won’t go with or look right with the OG Batman.

At $220 a pop, these 1/6 mondo figures should look more like this,

2AACB3A0-8121-403F-88F5-268BDC97332D.jpeg

Not cheap Marvel Legends style 6” figures that look like 2-ups that are no different than what DCD (and now Mcfarlane) is putting out there.

Last edited:
I had exclusive Batman, black Batman, exclusive Freeze and exclusive Catwoman. Sold them all. Batman’s print was coming off his cape. The plastic was showing cracks and deformations and I never even displayed or played with them. Catwoman’s heads were loose and never fit right.

By the time Joker came out, I sold them all.

Phantasm looks great, but I wouldn’t trust the black plastic she’s made out of. Problem with this line is, each new character that comes out makes the last one look horrible. Batman is so bad compared to the others. Short, off model, weird articulation and that horrible torso line. I don’t know. I think it’s crazy that the best sculpt of BTAS Batman is a 30 year old toy. By the time Mondo makes Robin he’ll be so much more advanced that he won’t go with or look right with the OG Batman.

At $220 a pop, these 1/6 mondo figures should look more like this,

View attachment 663604

Not cheap Marvel Legends style 6” figures that look like 2-ups that are no different than what DCD (and now Mcfarlane) is putting out there.
Thank you for speaking out on the TERRIBLE Mondo 1/6 quality as I had the same experience and will never buy from them again because of it. Just total overpriced junk. In other positive news, WHERE or who made that awesome BTAS figure in the photo? Must be an amazing custom artist. I'd buy that right now if it were mass produced by a quality 1/6 company

Thank you for speaking out on the TERRIBLE Mondo 1/6 quality as I had the same experience and will never buy from them again because of it. Just total overpriced junk. In other positive news, WHERE or who made that awesome BTAS figure in the photo? Must be an amazing custom artist. I'd buy that right now if it were mass produced by a quality 1/6 company

Tony Mei I think. He took preorders for it late last year.

Love for BTAS and the DCAU has tempted me into this line many times. But I’ve heard many horror stories.

I don’t think I’ve seen anything as bad as this with the line. Most of the complaints I hear are about shoddy paint and damaged parts.

But I’m still very wary. I’ve passed on all the previous figures. Really wanted Harley but passed. Mask of the Phantasm is amazing and Andrea would be phenomenal. But for the price… nah. Not worth the risk.

I wish almost any other company was making these.

I just got their Sabretooth figure, had a small nick on the sculpt and body, sent them an email yesterday and they already put in an order for a replacement on the parts today. I've had nothing but good experience with their customer service. Had parts and even entire figures fully replaced without any issue. Might depend on where you're located though.

4QDZbWK.png

Wow, good for you. I must be living in clown world. First order from them from BTAS Batman and they lied and said they had "no replacement parts." I was going to buy the MOTU line too. Maybe because I'm in Canada? Never had so much as an interaction with them before and they said "no replacement parts." My Batman looked horrible and had a ton of flaws so obvi I returned him. Honestly, it turned out to be a postive, because upon reflection, these figures are VERY cheaply made and can't compete with Hot Toys, Sideshow, Blitzway, Threezero etc. Mondo screwed me over and lost my business. Glad you had a better experience. I still say these should cost way less and need far, FAR BETTER QC

Back