1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.
I was worried they were going to make their BTAS figures realistic.

Now that I know it isn't, that looks great.

Cloth doesn't look that bad. I'm actually surprised by how many people wanted it or expected it in the first place.

11884102_10155951049845035_6673513461055796984_o.jpg

That looks bad.

As you can probably tell from my Avatar, I disagree.

I would have loved to see cloth versions for the BTAS 1/6 line. My preference is cloth for anything 1/6 and larger.
Heck, the SSC Superman and Batman Premium Format statues in 1/4 scale are my favorites in part due to the costumes being cloth.
That must come for my preference for the original GI Joe vs Johnny West (Yes, I am that old :))

That being said, I will definitely give Mondo a chance.

I think I'll pass given some thoughts on the sculpted figure, I'd be better off getting the Kotobukiya.

I think the Tony meis custom is great, but no way you'll get that from a large run release from Mondo. HT can't touch Tony's stuff. And it took him a lot of trial and error to get things that good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think the Tony meis custom is great, but no way you'll get that from a large run release from Mondo. HT can't touch Tony's stuff. And it took him a lot of trial and error to get things that good.

Yeah either way I'm getting atleast an mondo Batman and Joker. I don't care if it's sculpted. It's an action figure joints are suppose to be seen.

Yeah either way I'm getting atleast an mondo Batman and Joker. I don't care if it's sculpted. It's an action figure joints are suppose to be seen.

Yeah... but it's 1/6 scale, and it's at least going to be $130.00. Not ordering if the joints are incredibly visible.

I'm wonder what kind of accessories he'll have. It'd be awesome if they followed the current trend and had alternate expressions.

Yeah... but it's 1/6 scale, and it's at least going to be $130.00. Not ordering if the joints are incredibly visible.

I can guarantee that they will be visable. But to each of thier own.I have tons of figure that have exposed joints doesn't bother me one bit.

I can guarantee that they will be visable. But to each of thier own.I have tons of figure that have exposed joints doesn't bother me one bit.

I just want them to attempt to hide his joints. The NECA Christopher Reeve Superman does a pretty good job of that. I don't want this to look like the DCC figure scaled up.

I also have a problem justifying figures at that price point that are fully sculpted. Why I'm passing on their turtles. But it is what it is.

At first, I thought so, too, as it almost looks like it has a fabric-like texture, but comparing it to the blue highlights, they have a similar texture, so, I don't know. Unless the blue highlights are silk screened on the cape or something.

I think the $130 estimate is too low. Batman is a much more popular license than TMNT, and the TMNT 1/6-scales shown so far have also been all plastic for $150. I would guess at least that much, if not $160-170, for Batman.

I know prices are rising across the board, so to some those prices will be reasonable, especially compared to the custom route. But it's also worth remembering that Mondo has yet to deliver a quality figure. Everything looks perfect; accuracy and likeness are all there for the Iron Giant and TMNT figures. But the one figure they have released, the Iron Giant, does not feel solid and has some questionable design decisions. For great quality, likeness and paint, I would pay $160 for an all-plastic Batman. I hope they deliver.

Back