1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, just a massive new warning about Mondo and QC and not standing behind their products before you spend your money (pics at bottom).

No drama with me normally, but Mondo has just left me furious. Last week on Friday, they sent me a defective BTAS Batman 1/6 and I immediately sent them pics. Today they email me back and aren't standing behind their product and claim they don't have replacement parts. They instead offered me a 30 percent discount to keep a defective item, aka junk that should never have passed QC inspection at the factory. No replacements for a massive open edition character like Batman? Yeah right, I call BS.

They also said I can return the figure after I paid a ton of import fees and ship it back to them and pay for shipping. No problem. I'll ship it back as I don't collect defective figures. I've never ordered direct from Mondo and am shocked at how bad their customer service is after hearing good things in the past. Is this the new Mondo/Funko Customer Service team? Absolutely inexcusable. I ordered the new Mondo Skeletor 1/6 but have requested a refund on that now because they don't stand behind their items. Was going to order Joker 1/6, Panthor, and Nada 1/6 but I'll stick to companies that have great QC and service.

What angers me most is them trying to pass off defective collectibles and offer 30 percent discount to sell off junk that should have been tossed at the factory level. Look at the bat symbol on the figure, inexcusable. They should be ashamed. No thanks. I want a full price item with no issues. Maybe I'm being picky about the base but the chest, headsculpt and cape are ridiculously flawed. All in all, I paid about $350 Canadian for what should have been a beautiful fig. LMAO all the "Mondo has great service." Not anymore. None of the reviews of this figure on Youtube showed these issues yet Mondo tries to gaslight me and say keep our defective item for 30 off. Yeah, not happening. Other than that, happy collecting all and I'll update if I hear back. Just stunned and a bit furious right now. Have a good day, everyone and careful where you shop.

Attachments

• batman1.jpg
    batman1.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 0
  • batman2.jpg
    batman2.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 0
  • batman3.PNG
    batman3.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • batman4.jpg
    batman4.jpg
    744.9 KB · Views: 0
Update: Heard back from Mondo. No replacement parts but I can send Batman back for a refund at my expense. Will lose out on the import I paid and return shipping and will be out about a hundred dollars in all but lesson learned. Won't be shopping with Mondo again. Wow, just wow. Must be nice to be so busy that you couldn't care less to offer solutions, Funko/Mondo. In other news, have a great SDCC to all my fellow collectors

Update: Heard back from Mondo. No replacement parts but I can send Batman back for a refund at my expense. Will lose out on the import I paid and return shipping and will be out about a hundred dollars in all but lesson learned. Won't be shopping with Mondo again. Wow, just wow. Must be nice to be so busy that you couldn't care less to offer solutions, Funko/Mondo. In other news, have a great SDCC to all my fellow collectors
Weird resolution on their part. I've had nothing but good experience with their customer service on getting replacement figures/parts. Even had 2 full brand new Batman Redux's figures sent out free of charge due to paint rubs and weak joints. An entire Joker body replaced, a Magneto face sculpt replaced and an Iron GIant sculpt replaced with zero issue. All without having to send anything back to them.

I'm guessing it's because you're in Canada but I don't see why that would really deter them from sending a replacement. Sorry to hear you had such trouble with them.

Weird resolution on their part. I've had nothing but good experience with their customer service on getting replacement figures/parts. Even had 2 full brand new Batman Redux's figures sent out free of charge due to paint rubs and weak joints. An entire Joker body replaced, a Magneto face sculpt replaced and an Iron GIant sculpt replaced with zero issue. All without having to send anything back to them.

I'm guessing it's because you're in Canada but I don't see why that would really deter them from sending a replacement. Sorry to hear you had such trouble with them.
Thanks for the support. Yeah I was stunned by the incredibly poor service and the tone like they couldn't care less. Not sure if this is the new customer service team or the old customer service team. I emailed Funko to see if they could help. I don't want a discount , I want a great quality figure and to collect the line but sadly, no dice unless they resolve it. I'll update because if this is the way the new Mondo/Funko operates, take your money elsewhere. If I get good news, I'll of course update

No help from Mondo. They won't give me an email contact to take it higher. So Batman goes back at my expense since they won't send replacements parts as they "don't have any." All good, too many great companies to shop at and I'll enjoy my old Mondo posters still but he new Mondo is awful and gives zero helpful customer service. First direct purchase from them and the last. Have a fun Con, all. Going to check out the other companies stuff now

Can't believe they haven't done Beyond yet considering they've teased it a few times.
The recent Mondo stuff looks amazing in pics till you get it in hand. Only speaking based on my experience. Perhaps consider buying from a company with better QC and that offer replacement parts. I hope some other company does versions with fabric of BTAS in 1/6. I'd buy them all as it's such a beautiful looking series.

The recent Mondo stuff looks amazing in pics till you get it in hand. Only speaking based on my experience. Perhaps consider buying from a company with better QC and that offer replacement parts. I hope some other company does versions with fabric of BTAS in 1/6. I'd buy them all as it's such a beautiful looking series.
Trust me, im familiar. I've bought a lot of collectibles from Mondo, and have had to exchange or get replacement parts for nearly all of them.

I stopped buying from them, but I'd make an exception for Batman Beyond

Trust me, im familiar. I've bought a lot of collectibles from Mondo, and have had to exchange or get replacement parts for nearly all of them.

I stopped buying from them, but I'd make an exception for Batman Beyond
Yeah, Mondo customer service was super passive aggressive like "take 30 off or return it. No replacements." They can pound sand trying to pass off defective merchandise. So many other companies to buy from out there. Sorry to hear you had the same issues. Truly Worst QC and service I've seen. I'm sure someone else will make a Batman Beyond, hopefully sooner than later. I'd love Sideshow to tackle these in 1/6

How much of that happened after they were acquired by Funko?

How much of that happened after they were acquired by Funko?
I had some issues with MONDO before they were acquired, actually. I think it really just comes down to the figures not being very well-made. (As much as it pains me to say it.) I was still on the fence regarding Man-Bat this morning, but after calculating shipping and sales tax, he'd be over $300.00 for me. Taking QC issues into account (What do you wanna' bet he'll be the first figure I have that shelf dives?), and I've ultimately decided to pass. I'm not paying that much money for stress. No matter how much lipstick you put on it. :LOL:

Back