1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
627e561494fd7b8426d02d6316f92170.jpg

Now these are animated series 1/6 figures I definitely could get into. Dont really know why mondo didn?t go this route.

Damn those look good. I'm guessing they were custom made? Was it the Tony Mei BTAS batman?

Eh, I think they look goofy. Tailored clothes look better on realistic human proportions. The plastic figures better match the animated aesthetic to me.

Now these are animated series 1/6 figures I definitely could get into. Dont really know why mondo didn?t go this route.
Yeah, those look fantastic, and I'd be down for them. I'm sure they're customs that cost a zillion dollars though. Maybe one day licensed versions can he made like this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The Joker looks cool, not feeling the Batman because of the body they used. I'm okay with mondo version but still over priced. Even though over priced, I still had to order the black variant even though I got the first release.

Probably Mondo just couldn't handle a high end collectible line like this.
Instead they are just up scaling 7" figures. It's still cool but not worth the price point they are charging.

I wouldn't count HT out of making an animated variant for the Batman game but as was posted above the proportions would look better in plastic than cloth if you really want the B:TAS look.

Real clothing doesn’t really work in the angular and sharp Bruce Timm style. They’re cartoon characters, and while I was super skeptical at first about plastic with blue shading, I think it’s the best course of action to translate the style. Even the videogames with their realistic textures didn’t try to make the animated Batman realistic because it won’t work.

batman-animated-series.jpg

Mondo restocked both Exclusive versions for Mr Freeze and their original color Batman. Images of Catwoman are also up in their blog post.

Still thinking about getting Freeze after reading the Crawford review. Never owned a comic styled 1/6 figure, worried it might look odd at that size.

I like Mr. Freeze better than the Batman figure. Either way not up to standards for the price point but it's still a cool figure.

Here's my Exclusive Mr Freeze (that I was able to get when they restocked it) with my Exclusive Batman!

788.jpg

That looks, cool.
Still waiting for Freeze to arrive, but my new version of Batman arrived today. Went fir the head swap on the original body, and, yeah.. I like it.
C07965AC-691C-4BE0-A7A9-FB3413786C1C.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on the exclusive version Batman and hoping I dont experience buyers remorse since I just paid $185 after shipping and taxes[emoji47]... impulse buy like a mofo[emoji1]. Oh well, I've had my eye on this fig since it was announced and it's my first fig from Mondo. Every 1/6 figure I own is Hot Toys so I'll see how I feel when this bad boy arrives. Doesnt help that I've had a few [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481] and also bought a Jack from the dust Batman Skull today either. Can anyone tell me if Mondo has announced or at least teased a BTAS Joker?

Back