1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I don’t have 89 batman but I have hulk... I would say the feel of the suit is more to soft vinyl. It has a smooth, non-sticky touch to it.

Oh very nice, kinda making me rethink about getting the figure.. I remember dean said his suit had a sticky feel to it..

I watched dean’s unboxing video again because I thought he mentioned not sticky or something similar... he said “it’s not exactly sticky... but kinda clammy feel to it”... maybe a moist/oily (but obviously not excessively oily) hand could make the suit material feel sticky. I made sure to wash and dry my hands before handling the figure, so I felt smooth instead of sticky feel on the the suit. For better comparison, I have the demon batman which I think has rubber properties and that it’s sticky, where as 1/4 has different feel which is not sticky but smooth.
My only issue about the figure is the gauntlet “2 piece detachable” design and wished for a wire cape... but other than that, it’s a very nice figure for me.
I recommend to get the figure if you really like it.

I watched dean’s unboxing video again because I thought he mentioned not sticky or something similar... he said “it’s not exactly sticky... but kinda clammy feel to it”... maybe a moist/oily (but obviously not excessively oily) hand could make the suit material feel sticky. I made sure to wash and dry my hands before handling the figure, so I felt smooth instead of sticky feel on the the suit. For better comparison, I have the demon batman which I think has rubber properties and that it’s sticky, where as 1/4 has different feel which is not sticky but smooth.
My only issue about the figure is the gauntlet “2 piece detachable” design and wished for a wire cape... but other than that, it’s a very nice figure for me.
I recommend to get the figure if you really like it.

Very good description about the suit material. I felt all the English reviews lacked any detail info on suit and just label it rubber and carried on. Might be a purchase for me still waiting to see how joker turns out.cant believe NYC Comic Con Hot Toys section still lacked on DC items

Hi guys
I am thinking picking up this figure.
Does the enterbay Bruce Wayne head connect to this figures neck ball joint with no issues?

Thanks

Hi guys
I am thinking picking up this figure.
Does the enterbay Bruce Wayne head connect to this figures neck ball joint with no issues?

Thanks

I doubt it, two completely different companies. I know collectors said the hot toys heads are compatible with each other. You would probably have to rig the EB head somehow

I finally got to come home for a few days, and this guy showed up while I was gone. Can't wait to crack the box open tomorrow!

I received mine on Tuesday but I had no chance to open it. If mine has those scuffs can I call sideshow to replace the figure or part? or is something that we can fix or something?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

I received mine on Tuesday but I had no chance to open it. If mine has those scuffs can I call sideshow to replace the figure or part? or is something that we can fix or something?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
Sure, if you bought from SSC they have great customer service. They sent you the replacement part if available if not replace the full figure, full refund or a discount in your next purchase

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Okay.. I caved..I ordered this figure. It took me some time to make this choice. In the end I like this figure more then the TDK Rises one mainly better paint apps and body proportion. I figured this and the joker will be my grails to the great movies DC had created. Plus I’m super sick of the marvel stuff. Really surprised in lack of DC at. NYC Comic Con this year at sideshows booth. Anyway begins suit was aweasome looking and I forgot how ground breaking of a solo movie it was. Plus this is the suit that pretty much inspired/ breed the joker since Gordon tells him how he esculated this “new guy who has the same taste for the theatrics, leaves a calling card”.

After about 10 minutes of futzing... I finally got the cape to sit the way I want! :yess:

gbFEOA7.jpg

d5jY2yE.jpg

This figure is beautiful but he’s so depressing to play with. He literally can’t do anything. I feel so sad when I look at all his batarangs & weapons he comes with because he can’t use any of them. :lol He desperately needed swap-out eyes like Batfleck. No clue as to why he doesn’t.

I think I’ll keep him. I don’t have any other Begins Batmen and he works good enough.

After about 10 minutes of futzing... I finally got the cape to sit the way I want! :yess:

View attachment 429179

View attachment 429180

This figure is beautiful but he’s so depressing to play with. He literally can’t do anything. I feel so sad when I look at all his batarangs & weapons he comes with because he can’t use any of them. :lol He desperately needed swap-out eyes like Batfleck. No clue as to why he doesn’t.

I think I’ll keep him. I don’t have any other Begins Batmen and he works good enough.

I’m surprised how good the cape actually is, it’s not perfect.. but better then what hot toys attempted in the past. From videos he seems to pose okay you just can’t leave him in the pose which sucks. Good thing I’m a museum poser haha

Yeah, the cape is definitely a step in the right direction in terms of fabric. The biggest negative is that you can’t have it draped over his arms like the movie very easily, and the cape tabs are actually held onto the figure by magnets. Weak magnets. It fell off a few times when I was moving him around. :lol

I’ll have to check out some reviews, but as soon as I moved his arm a little his shoulder started bunching up.

Yeah, the cape is definitely a step in the right direction in terms of fabric. The biggest negative is that you can’t have it draped over his arms like the movie very easily, and the cape tabs are actually held onto the figure by magnets. Weak magnets. It fell off a few times when I was moving him around. :lol

I’ll have to check out some reviews, but as soon as I moved his arm a little his shoulder started bunching up.

If you look at stills from the movie that exact same bunching happened with the suit Bale wore.

It's about as good as you can expect for a rubber suit and certainly beats the EB on articulation. The ratcheted joints work well but it's never going to match the flexibility of the QS001.

That shoulder bunching on the figure, I noticed when batman grabs scarecrow and says taste of your own medicine. So it’s kinda screen accurate haha.

If you look at stills from the movie that exact same bunching happened with the suit Bale wore.

It's about as good as you can expect for a rubber suit and certainly beats the EB on articulation. The ratcheted joints work well but it's never going to match the flexibility of the QS001.

The 1/4 TDKR I remember articulation sucking in the hip area. That’s a better articulated figure. This figure though looks to have better body proportions.

The 1/4 TDKR I remember articulation sucking in the hip area. That’s a better articulated figure. This figure though looks to have better body proportions.

Both are quite accurate to the source material I think. This figure has a far more accurate cowl than the QS001 though. Was Bale bigger for Batman Begins than the other two movies or did I just imagine that?

View attachment 429179

View attachment 429180

Hey Captain Clown, any chance you can post more pictures of your hot toys 1/4 Batman Begins Batman figure?[possibly from the front].Cheers!

Both are quite accurate to the source material I think. This figure has a far more accurate cowl than the QS001 though. Was Bale bigger for Batman Begins than the other two movies or did I just imagine that?

Yeah he bulked up so much for batman begins he couldn’t fit in the suit properly, he had to thin down before filming could start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Captain Clown, any chance you can post more pictures of your hot toys 1/4 Batman Begins Batman figure?[possibly from the front].Cheers!

Sure! Here you go.

BsdWC1K.jpg

065qKuE.jpg

1p06R0v.jpg

The more I mess with his cape the more he grows on me. I think I’ll have his right arm exposed with the batarang wielding hand.

Last edited:
Back