1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow only puts out discount codes for stuff that doesn't sell well / old stock.

You are such a valued customer, we are going to offer a $25 monthly code, which you can use on Noland or Tonto... (*cue massive Kermit the Frog yay moment)..

10% off on a figure that may sell out? What reason do they have to do that?

As for "not getting" a monthly code. They don't go around handing them out to everyone. The monthly code is posted on this site every month in ten doffenret threads, at least.

And your asking for a sale price on a figure that hasn't even got a general release yet. It JUST came out.

And they don't just offer codes that work on tonto or Zod. This months code worked on the new war machine and antman and plenty of others.

10% off on a figure that may sell out? What reason do they have to do that?

As for "not getting" a monthly code. They don't go around handing them out to everyone. The monthly code is posted on this site every month in ten doffenret threads, at least.

Your going to blow a gasket one of these days if you don't learn how to chill. Relax...relate...release...

A) I was asking for a discount code that would work for everything on Sideshow, not just this one figure.

B) I haven't been on this site for a month and all I kept seeing was people saying SS had hadn't released one lately. It wasn't until after I made my post that this new $20 code surfaced.

C) As for figure selling out, that might or might not happen on Sideshow. The sales of HT Iron Man figures have slowed down because they saturated the market and everybody knows that more figures are coming around the corner.

D) Who doesn't want to save money?

As for figure selling out, that might or might not happen on Sideshow. The sales of HT Iron Man figures have slowed down because they saturated the market and everybody knows that more figures are coming around the corner.

Not so sure about that. This figure seems to have been really popular, and lots of people (myself included) who've never even considered quarter scale figures have pulled the trigger. Then of course everyone who has it has been wowed, which has probably swayed people who were interested but not fully decided.

Not so sure about that. This figure seems to have been really popular, and lots of people (myself included) who've never even considered quarter scale figures have pulled the trigger. Then of course everyone who has it has been wowed, which has probably swayed people who were interested but not fully decided.
I hear ya. There's a better chance that it will sell out, but I wouldn't consider it a foregone conclusion.

The 1/6 43 sold out and that cost a bit more than people thought it would ... This is worlds better so I bet it sells out ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it'll sell out at some point, and I'll be one of those people who regretted not buying it... :lol

Yep, it'll sell out at some point, and I'll be one of those people who regretted not buying it... :lol
If this is the only 1/4 figure Hot Toys makes with a RDJ head sculpt then I might regret it a little. There will likely be Tony Stark sculpts by other companies but they won't be as good as this. Sorry cinemaquette lovers.

Hot toys will milk this for all its worth, there'll be a better figure released down the line, which'll make this one look average (somehow)
Hot toys just get better and better with each version, I'm just gonna enjoy this release till they do!
'Cause it's AWESOME! Anyone on the fence, jump off, just buy.

Got mine Wednesday. Every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. Never thought I'd drop this kind of money on a collectible but it's worth it. Sure it's out of scale but I'm imagining it as an "Hulk Buster" type Automaton. Don't plan on getting the Mark 45 though. The design on the 43 just works somehow. Sickest thing in my ever growing collection thus far. Real Beauty...

Got mine Wednesday. Every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. Never thought I'd drop this kind of money on a collectible but it's worth it. Sure it's out of scale but I'm imagining it as an "Hulk Buster" type Automaton. Don't plan on getting the Mark 45 though. The design on the 43 just works somehow. Sickest thing in my ever growing collection thus far. Real Beauty...

Congrats and welcome to the family. It's an incredible piece.

It is a great figure. I'm looking forward the 45 more myself. But I like that armor more. I'll get the 42 as well. Being as big as these are all that gold on the 42 is really going to stand out.

I'm interested and excited about the new features on the 45 though. The extending leg and arm plates when it bends. Should be cool to see.

I want to see more pics of the 42 as well. The paint apps on the figure look really good in the pictures from Toy Soul.

The gold on the 43 is so amazing in person ... Can only imagine how jaw-dropping the 42 will be.

Really hoping I can resist more quarter scales for the time being. The 1/6 45 looks pretty good as it is so I should be okay with that, and the 42 is just a repaint so should be able to pass on that one. The real struggle will be when they start doing the earlier armours... I hope that's not for a while yet.

If they start doing earlier armors in 1/4, I'm toast. Marks 3 and 6 would be a must. I miiiight get the 45. Not liking how thick the gauntlets are but hopefully they make them more movie accurate by the time it releases ... like how they surprised us with the forearm and shoulder weapons on the 43.

Really hoping I can resist more quarter scales for the time being. The 1/6 45 looks pretty good as it is so I should be okay with that, and the 42 is just a repaint so should be able to pass on that one. The real struggle will be when they start doing the earlier armours... I hope that's not for a while yet.
They NEED to do the Mark 3 in 1/4.

It would probably look as good as this:

david-weaver-ironman-markiii-studio.jpg

Although I would fine with Mark 4, 6 and 7 as well.

As far as 1/4 scales, I'm definitely getting the Mark 45 and probably getting the Mark 42. If HT makes the Mark 6 and Mark 7, I would not hesitate on either of those.

Marks III and VII would be must haves for me. In fact, I'd probably even be tempted by the VI and IV. Maybe the V too. This is a financial disaster waiting to happen :lol

Back