1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been a fan of that pose. It's silly.

I'm going to try and set mine up in the reindeer games pose, and see how he fills my Avengers lineup. IF HE EVER GETS HERE!

Has anyone had any problems with the screws in the lower legs? I used the screw drivers from my 1/6 iron man figures and they will not work.

Yes. Quite often the screws on a lot of these Iron Man figures have screws that are really tight.
I never use the screwdrivers that are included.
Try getting a set that has multiple sizes with the bigger handles.
Makes it much easier to get some of the tight screws loose with out stripping out the head.

So when you rotate the thigh out and the main ball at the hip rotates out about 30 degrees can you continue to rotate the thigh additionally or are you limited by how much the main hip joint rotates?

??? I've never had any screwdrivers with my iron man figures? Why would you get them and what would you need them for?

He's here!

Unboxing right now. Holy crap at the boxing care on this!

Update: I don't think Hot Toys are for me. I can't get him to pose in a way that looks good. The head sculpt is pretty damn good though.

He's here!

Update: I don't think Hot Toys are for me. I can't get him to pose in a way that looks good. The head sculpt is pretty damn good though.
It's the base that makes it a pain in the ass. Try posing it the way they did in the announcements photos on the first post. If you want a more dynamic pose one leg is going to be off the base.

Wish they would give a simple flat bigger version of the 1/4 bases.

He's here!

Don't give up on it. If you are not used to posing figures it is going to take some practice. Start with a museum pose for displaying but practice posing it. 1/4 scale is harder to pose than 1/6 as well. My first 1/4 figure was Batman and my poses were absolutely horrible. I almost sold it about 16 times lol.. But now I love it and I think my poses look natural. Don't use the base right now. It's easy to pose him standing in front of it in a good looking museum pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have spent over 90 minutes with this thing. On the one hand, it's a very cool piece. The face sculpt is unreal - even though it's a bit dead eyed. It's hard to make him seem like he's actually looking at something.

And I couldn't for the life of me get him into an action pose I felt looked good. He usually ended up far too rigid. And I was constantly worried about breaking something. He's a VERY expensive piece, and the plastic face plates kept popping off and freaking me out.

For now, I've given up, and just stuck him in a "museum" style pose. He's the last piece I was missing in my Avengers lineup.
OVvmJoX.jpg

Ah.. Seeing the picture helps. You would want to keep him on the base for uniformity with the rest of the guys. I think you will be able to accomplish something simple like one arm raised preparing to fire a rocket.

He fits in great being the only figure in a group of statues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action figure posing is a vastly under appreciated art. Try using some photos or screen grabs as a guide, I'm sure you'll be able to get some great looking poses after a bit of playing around!

Yeah, I've noticed. I'll definitely mess with him more this weekend, as I'm not 100% in love with the pose.

As you can see, I'm a statue guy. He's my first Hot Toy. I'm torn. I do like him, but as predicted seeing seems and joints drives me nuts. It lacks the overall cohesiveness that you get with a single pose piece of resin. On the other - and the reason I got him - is that an Iron Man suit is very, very hard to get cast and then painted cleanly on a statue. There are segments on him that are flawlessly movie accurate. And he's probably the best 1/4 Iron Man to date. I saw Sideshow's Mark 42 statue and was disappointed. It was sloppy.

Hmm...I wonder if I can replicate that pose with this guy...

AND: Please, let me be clear about this, I'm NOT trying to start a statue vs figure collection fanboy battle. I understand the merits and flaws of both. I'm just posting my thoughts as someone who prefers one medium, and is now dabbling with the other. I know some people here are craz...er...very passionate about what they spend their money on. I'm not going to fault anyone for collecting figures. THEY'RE COOL! But they just weren't for me.

I've never been a fan of that pose. It's silly.

I'm going to try and set mine up in the reindeer games pose, and see how he fills my Avengers lineup. IF HE EVER GETS HERE!
I never had any interest in posing my figures like that.

You know what would have been nice. If they could have wired all the lights to one master switch. Still keep individuals but then have master if I want to turn them all on.

Back