1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bust is the way to go for this one for me personally. I'd buy that, but not the full statue.

As much as I hated the way they handled the bust with the JH, in this case I think I might agree that a bust is enough. I just don't love the full statue enough to drop the kind of money they will want for it. Maybe if they improve the pose... Although it's be nice if they would offer them with two heads rather than trying to charge an obscene amount of money for each bust, I'd like a masked and closed mouth one.

I'll be getting this 110%. But I do agree that the only dislike I have is the pose. I don't hate it like some seem to, but I'd be open to something different

As much as I hated the way they handled the bust with the JH, in this case I think I might agree that a bust is enough. I just don't love the full statue enough to drop the kind of money they will want for it. Maybe if they improve the pose... Although it's be nice if they would offer them with two heads rather than trying to charge an obscene amount of money for each bust, I'd like a masked and closed mouth one.
This would be the ideal scenario, one bust with 2 heads. I would be happy with that. I'd also like a masked and unmasked bust without having to pay 900 each for them lol.

Personally I like to pose. Anyway I am almost sure I wont buy it cause one expensive JH is enough for me. For P2 the 1/4 CH will do.

This is almost certainly what they were going for...

predator-ii-1990-predator-2-alt-pr2-029-BKB27K.jpg

...but the pose in this photo only works (and barely) because all of the limbs are committed to the same level of aggression. Prime 1 went for a weird intermediate where they gave the knees more bounce and brought down the leading arm. I also think the unmasked head is the only option for a pose like this.

Oddly enough, I think the arm stump works better with this pose. It's like he's twisted his damaged arm away from his attacker to protect it, with his leading arm tensed in defiance and his tilted head asking "What do you think you're doing?"

img_1_1650816163903.jpg

The legs may ruin it, though. This shot hides a lot.

Last edited:
Been looking at this for hours, if I have one word to describe it: confusing.

The mask, textures and details look fantastic (though it's the prototype, no way production is going to be anywhere near this quality). The surfboard pose sucks, boring base, the concept is confusing and muddy i.e they wanted to replicate the roof top scene with lightning, but also the space ship h2h final battle scene with severed arm. Prime 1's attempt to cram multiple scenes from the movie on this one statue has (imo) backfired. The severed arm look is bizarre given the rest of the body has no bullet wounds/blood (he had already been shot multiple times by the shotgun at this stage), so it's not scene accurate. The wound had also been cauterized before the final fight. It's feels messy and jarring, kind of like the 1/3 dk joker, full of goodies but not really specific to a memorable scene. This pred statue fails to coherently retell a scene from the story.

The trophy skulls are a nice addition, but it'll look cluttered if placed all over the base. Willy's severed head would have been enough. Also has more context since he took out a kingpin drug lord, whereas the alien skull was more of an Easter egg, alien fan teaser, not really relevant to the storyline.

Spear switch out is nice, but swap outs with him holding the smart disc and net gun would have been nice given they are unique weapons to this predator.

A big boy that ironically lacks impact and presence, just doesn't look noisy and menacing enough. Appears to look too stocky as well.

I couldn't have said it better (all of it - not just the bit I red highlighted) - so I don't need to :) (y)

Last edited:
This would be the ideal scenario, one bust with 2 heads. I would be happy with that. I'd also like a masked and unmasked bust without having to pay 900 each for them lol.

I think I saw 1 masked head + 3 unmasked, with the best of the 3 (mandibles completely closed) being the bust portrait.

I didn't saw the big chap in person but isn't because of the color of the alien the decals are a lot harder to see by default? On a predator piece it would be a lot more noticeable no? Personally I don't like the decals and I hate them on my City hunter. They look cheap and if I am honest Neca 1/4 predator looks better at the paint department.
what are decals exactly? Is it stencils they airbrush through?

what are decals exactly? Is it stencils they airbrush through?
It's worse than that. They literally use stickers for the eyes, patterns etc. to save the effort of fine painting...

s-l400 (4).jpg

Decals, overpricing, buying extra busts to complete the statue asides this will be mine. I LOVE it!

(If the JH turns out well that is)

It's worse than that. They literally use stickers for the eyes, patterns etc. to save the effort of fine painting...

View attachment 573729

Decals, overpricing, buying extra busts to complete the statue asides this will be mine. I LOVE it!

(If the JH turns out well that is)
you'd think for all the dots/patterns on the skin all they'd need is a vacuform mold with stencil shapes cut out to paint through. Would be time effective, the pattern layout would be in the correct placement every time and there'd be no peeling

Just fired them an email. Be surprised if they respond...

"Good evening.

Having just seen your Showcase for the 1:3 Predator 2 Statue, which is very impressive, I have a question.

It says 'The surface patterns of the body and the head sculpted are painted meticulously, giving a great touch of realism of the statue'.

Is this the case or would I be right in thinking you actually use decals for most, if not all, of the body and head patterns?

If so I find this rather misleading or are you only describing the process behind the prototype?

Kind regards"

Hope you get a response - it's certainly worth asking for ALL of you that are thinking of getting it.

Even if you get a response though - my money is on the answer either being evasive/non-committal OR they will admit "decals".

No way will these be hand-painted based on how they have delivered all their Preds so far.

(* EDIT *)
Having said that - as several of us have mentioned before on various threads & boards - using decals is actually a GREAT idea for quality AND consistency. They remove the "human error" you would get from having factory-applied brush/airbrush work AND it saves them time.

BUT - they need to be designed properly in the first place to mimic paint/airbrush work AND need to be made of quality material, applied carefully with quality solvent, checked, and then sealed properly.

Last edited:
BUT - they need to be designed properly in the first place to mimic paint/airbrush work AND need to be made of quality material, applied carefully with quality solvent, checked, and then sealed properly.

This. I don't get why this is so hard for them. As much as I like the Big Game Cover Art predator, the skin pattern annoys the hell out of me up close. It looks so basic and is completely devoid of the realism the prototype had. Had they nailed the skin pattern, it would be their best Predator statue as the sculpt is amazing.

I think it's all about perspective. For some reason they only gave us one angle and not a full 360 video, or even 180.
And in that angle it does looks a little bit weird because of the 2d effect.
I'm sure when they update with now photos and videos is gonna look much better.
It's also that bland base that doesn't help either to boost the pose/character.

Created from the mixed media to create mixed feelings. Soo basically this base represents the Prime 1 scene the " meat ship"...

Back