1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is hilarious. That combined with the fact that this isn't wowing me as much as the JH (Mainly pose related) Means that I will likely pass on this. I might be tempted by the bust depending on price. I don't know what's happening at Prime 1 lately, but good luck to them.

Improve the pose and swap out that ugly Ram bio for Boar and I'll reconsider...

Imagine spending another statue's worth of money on skulls that, to be honest, no one really asked for.

I'm not surprised they bumped up the price for the other versions. DX is $3500 and standard is $2800.

Wonder how much the busts will go for. $1200 this time around?

attachment.php

You know, going with a spaceship base on this guy was a wasted opportunity. They could've done an alleyway or subway base for him, saving the spaceship for a 1/3 Elder.

Given all the time they have wasted on this, it should have been an alleyway scene with the oil drum + bones, and King Willie's head on the DX.

That's would have been it - no 7,000 options & extras that don't effin' make sense, and no $7,000 price tag :slap

You know, going with a spaceship base on this guy was a wasted opportunity. They could've done an alleyway or subway base for him, saving the spaceship for a 1/3 Elder.
Agreed, an alleyway or even a rooftop would be much more fitting. They could even use translucent resin again like the JH base but this time to simulate the look of puddles.

Just for fun, here's a very quick (rough) mock-up of this with the Boar and Brother Boar bio masks. Both of which look infinitely better than that bloated Ram mask.

EjXyK8y.jpg

rs0Zd8k.jpg

Nice job Matt - that Boar mask has always been my fave from "the tribe" - SOOOOOOOO stylish.

Yeah me too. It's amazing how much love SWS put into the lost hunters for so little scren time. All of them (Rams bio aside) Are better than anything else we've seen in the franchise since.

I'm only a fan of the Boar one from that group - I'd have JH, CH, Boar and Wolf all at pretty much the same level.

But if you add Narin's designs into the mix . . . well :wink1:

Was never big on the Boar bios, personally. My favorite was Gort, followed by Ram (purely because of how different it was).

I wonder, though. If they make more Predators in the future, wouldn't they more likely be 1/4? Even if the 1/3 versions turn out beautifully, I don't see even the biggest fan shelling out $3.5K for 35"-tall secondary Predators on a yearly basis.

Was never big on the Boar bios, personally. My favorite was Gort, followed by Ram (purely because of how different it was).

I wonder, though. If they make more Predators in the future, wouldn't they more likely be 1/4? Even if the 1/3 versions turn out beautifully, I don't see even the biggest fan shelling out $3.5K for 35"-tall secondary Predators on a yearly basis.

I could see the P2 Elder & Wolf selling at 1:3, and maybe the 3 from AVP - anything else would be pushing it IMO.

BUT - as we all accept - we all have different tastes - I mean - I'd have got the JH & CH at this scale if I thought they had done a decent job of the art direction / pose / sculpts . . . but I just don't like what they have given us (or the company).

I am a RABID fan of the City Hunter design - love him way more than ANY other movie-seen Predator - so you'd have thought I'd be all over this.

As it is, I'm so glad I got that 1:4 Infinity Studios piece.

I think the reason why P1 overpriced the 1/3 City Hunter, is because they figured everyone who pre ordered the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, would want to get the 1/3 City Hunter aswell.......:mad:

Back