1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hgvyoFG.jpg

I would love to have that kind of acid burn on the Prime1 warrior and a much smaller base. The CP base doesnt do it either for me and the pose of the warrior is super awkward. Same goes for major details are just wrong or misplaced.

It's up on the Japanese CoolProps website, yen price translates to roughly $1500 for the standard and $1700 for the deluxe.

Roughly 30" tall, base is 20" x 24". For comparison, the Prime 1 is 26" tall and its base is around 30" x 30".

Set for 2021 release.

According to the website, there will also be a short retracted tongue included for the open-mouthed head.

https://www.coolprops.com/cp03-0008a/

CP03-0008a_x01__30.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__13.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__06.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__03.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__19.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__16.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__14.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__18.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__22.jpg

CP03-0008a_x01__24.jpg

Last edited:
That Casey head in the water is a nice touch. If only we could put the Prime 1 alien warrior on the CoolProps base, then we'd have the best of both. As it is, I'm not sure I'll be buying either of them.

That giant gap in the upper lip tendon. Ewww.

Yeah, I'm not too sweet on that. It's frustrating because the tendon seams aren't symmetrical on the open-mouthed version. On our right (its left) the placement makes sense. On our left, it goes against the "flow" of the tendon.

Made an updated height comparison chart now that we know dimensions for the CoolProps Warrior. The gray rectangle is ground level and I tried to align it to the middle of each statue's underside as best I could, but due to different lenses and less-than-optimal angles, there will be some discrepancies.

alien-pred-statue-Comp.jpg

No matter which photo I use, the Big Chap is monstrous in size. Guess the higher price tag makes sense.

Last edited:
I just noticed something. There's a second tendon piece on the right side of the face that they forgot to attach to the left. And we know it's supposed to appear on both sides because it's on the original model and all iterations of the prototype prior to Shanghai WonderFest.

cp-warrior-Alien-tendon.png

It's one thing to forget it for a convention, but the fact that they would overlook something like that when shooting the official marketing photos doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

EDIT: Well, they've fixed and overwritten the photos. You can still see what it originally looked like in the video they posted.

Last edited:
From the current photos, this looks like a very nice piece. The Alien looks sneaky, eerie and badass, like it's about to pounce via stealth. I think they nailed the balance between the simplicity and focus of the Alien, it looks elegant. Prime 1 is a little too busy, loses focus, and looks like the Alien is for a free for all death match, I'm ready for action come get me pose, which inheritantly is not the Aliens nature. Quality over quantity, I definitely prefer the Coolprops piece. So tempting!

Dimensions: Height: 29.13" (739.9 mm) | Width: 20.47" (519.94 mm) | Depth: 24.41" (620.01 mm).

The base is not as monstrous as the P1.

The bad news... Est. Arrival: Jan 2022 - Mar 2022.

I might be dead by then, lol...

The CP website stated 2021 for a Japanese release, but never specified which quarter. I guess now we know.

Funnily enough, Sideshow got the outdated photos with the missing left cheek tendon.

It is also $200 cheaper than the P1 Deluxe.

I am digging it.

Is it perfect? No, but neither is the P1.

I also have lots of Rewards Points on Sideshow...I can get it way cheaper. I do not have that luxury on P1...as their bloody Predators are taking so damn long. Cannot claim crap yet.

More expensive than I expected, I thought they might try to undercut Prime 1 more. I didn't like this much at first, I still don't love everything about it, but of the two, this is the better looking statue imo. If only CP can replicate the proto during production that is...

I have been going back and forth watching both videos.

The P1 paint app seems a bit muted, flat, and dry. The CoolProps is more vibrant, glossier, and wetter looking.

Anybody else with further comments?

:wave

Agreed, I just hope the final product will do justice to the paint design of the prototype. Not a fan of the open mouth's tendon seams either, but they're less noticeable on the side I plan to display. Fingers crossed they stay that way.

Man, this is frustrating. :lol I ordered the Prime 1 JH without hesitation and probably would've done so even if I had to sell the rest of my collection, just because it's that good. As much as I like this, it doesn't quite have the same effect. If the prototype has issues, can we be certain of what we'll end up with?

Galactusz, you have the CP Big Chap. Paint aside, how does that one feel to you? Good materials? Sturdy?

It is a hard decision. Ok, I might be biased, as I pulled the trigger on the P1 DX already. Main reason is, the additional open/closed egg display and the really neat looking facehugger. As well, the slime strands on the open egg look nicely done in my opinion. I always loved these in the Cameron movie, as the Eggs opened much wider as the original Giger egg. So said, the price is nifty, but it does include the bust and the egg.

Huge minus on the P1 is the a** bit** big base. I do love the Hive parts as they resemble the hive entrance, what was maybe the one of the money shots in the movie, but would have loved that to be optional or at least a removable part. It?s just an real estate and presentation killer.

CP base seems smaller, but could have been reduced even further, but the acid burn and some details are just so much better and movie accurate. The water is silly for me personally, but maybe it can be taken away. The doll head is an easteregg for fans, but to me a bit "kitsch". Maybe just because I hate baby dolls. But the CP overall looks more balanced.

Downside at the CP might be some inaccuracies on the warrior sculpt. I know these might be nitpicking from an hardcore fan, but surely they had a long time to fix these.

I would just love to see them in real life next to each other, but as I said, my Dollars are already spent.

Yeah, it would be nice to see them together.

Agree with the paint, moreso with Coolprops as this is what makes the alien piece 'jump out' looking organic and alive which caught my attention. If they can pull it off, I think it'll capture the terrifying nature of this beast.

Back