1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This probably has more to do with the items close to release (the Predator busts), but...

129203357_1771441403024164_3764926159595410610_o.jpg

Basically saying wait till at least 2022.

'To satisfy our always demanding clients' LOL I'll be demanding more as you guys demand more $$

Any production quality improvements would be very welcome. It's not often these kind of companies even comment on such things so I welcome their effort.

Just watched a video of their predator bust QA process, I'm quite impressed!

If anyone else wants to email them about the seams and detail sharpness, feel free to plant that seed. :monkey3

If anyone else wants to email them about the seams and detail sharpness, feel free to plant that seed. :monkey3
I wonder how their Warrior got out with the bad seams and missing parts? It's just weird. Plus how the heck did their life-size alien heads leave with those paint apps. It just seems inconsistent.

The Covenant and Resurrection heads aren't bad, we've seen the same if not worse from other companies. I think CP's standards have risen with time, it's just been gradual. I guess by the time this maquette comes out in 2022, it should be good :lol

Forgetting the one cheek tendon was weird though. I can see how someone assembling the piece for display could overlook it, but the problem is no one else noticed for over a month. They even let it get to marketing photography. Thankfully it's been fixed, but if they're not attentive by nature, how can the factory be?

The CoolProps Warrior DX is already waitlisted...

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/aliens-alien-warrior-deluxe-coolprops-904970

Must be really low edition numbers.

I reserved the regular edition. It is $200 cheaper, plus I prefer the regular head over the open mouth with that giant protruding inner teeth version. The regular head has a semi-open mouth anyway.

I just could not get into the Prime 1 Warrior, that base is just too gargantuan at 30x30 (inches), plus it is too busy, looks like a maquette, as opposed to a stand alone statue. It is 3 inches shorter than the CoolProps Warrior as well, and more expensive. And to be brutally honest, the P1 paint app looks flat. Amazingly, the company with the bad rap on paint apps, CoolProps, has its Warrior paint app looking good. Looks like CoolProps are being serious about improving as a company.

The P1 has lots of goodies though, eggs/Facehugger, pulse rifle, etc...

The bad part, I have to wait until 2022, damn, lol...

Or Sideshow just had a small allocation? Waitlisted stuff often comes back into in stock status. However, if it's something you really want, it's probably not worth chancing and I'd jump on the waitlist now...

Or Sideshow just had a small allocation? Waitlisted stuff often comes back into in stock status. However, if it's something you really want, it's probably not worth chancing and I'd jump on the waitlist now...

I got a heads up from Sideshow a week ago stating the DX was almost sold out, and sure enough, it is on the Waitlist.

But like I said, I already reserved the regular edition one, so I am set.

But you are right, if someone here really wants this, they should either get on the waitlist for the DX or reserve the regular ASAP.

Oh, and I used $300 Rewards Points and a $65 Gift Card, so my regular edition Warrior was only $1134, not counting tax or shipping, which will be super cheap for me, as I am located in California, same as Sideshow... :clap :D

P.S. No payments until June 15, 2021

Or Sideshow just had a small allocation?

You are probably correct.

I mean, the statue is not ready to ship until next year, yet both the DX and regular editions are already on the Waitlist.

Yup, sounds like Sideshow had a small allocation as you said.

Either Sideshow didn't get very many or it's an extremely small edition size, and the latter would surprise me this early in the game. The 1/3 Giger Museum maquette remained on Sideshow for a while after release, so I have a hard time believing the less-iconic Warrior sold out in two months. Is there any other high-end statue community out there that's sweeter on these than Sideshow Freaks and StatueForum?

Though I haven't completely written this one off, it's not as strong a sell as I thought it would be. I can't get over the fact that the prototype from two years ago had a nicer base. Fewer acid splotches and the water/Casey head were leagues better. The resin had a shine to it and you could see the hair "floating" around just beneath the surface.

Screenshot_20210110-121809~2.jpg

On the most recent prototype - the one they're using to solicit preorders - the head looks like it's embedded in plastic, complete with holes at the point of contact where the resin bubbles popped.

CP03-0008a_x01__24.jpg

I still prefer it to Prime 1's, but none of these Alien offerings scream "buy me" the way the Jungle and City Hunter Predators do.

Last edited:
Either Sideshow didn't get very many or it's an extremely small edition size, and the latter would surprise me this early in the game. The 1/3 Giger Museum maquette remained on Sideshow for a while after release, so I have a hard time believing the less-iconic Warrior sold out in two months. Is there any other high-end statue community out there that's sweeter on these than Sideshow Freaks and StatueForum?

Though I haven't completely written this one off, it's not as strong a sell as I thought it would be. I can't get over the fact that the prototype from two years ago had a nicer base. Fewer acid splotches and the water/Casey head were leagues better. The resin had a shine to it and you could see the hair "floating" around just beneath the surface.

View attachment 503478

On the most recent prototype - the one they're using to solicit preorders - the head looks like it's embedded in plastic, complete with holes at the point of contact where the resin bubbles popped.

CP03-0008a_x01__24.jpg

I still prefer it to Prime 1's, but none of these Alien offerings scream "buy me" the way the Jungle and City Hunter Predators do.

Disappointing when production pieces are noticeably downgraded from the prototype and I think this is happening more often than not. I think CPs alien has a lot of potential whereas Prime 1 never resonated with me. Still keeping an eye out on newer pics but it looks to be nowhere near as good as the earlier prototypes which is very concerning.

I'm a big predator fan, esp of the original design, but for me, Prime 1 jungle hunter just doesn't do it for me, nor their alien warrior, no matter how hard I try to spin it to myself. They just lack that presence which is hard to explain and I'm wondering if it's something to do with their over clutted bases. If Coolprops under performs, I'd just have to live with no alien or predator piece for now.

Boy would I like to see JND and QS tackle this line. The only worthy piece for sci fi alien genre has been the 1/3 cinemaquette pred, nothing's come close to topping that in the alien or predator universe. The alien dog was great, but I'm not as a big of a fan of that specific alien compared to the classic ones.

It's been easier for Predator pieces to tick my boxes than Alien pieces, that's for sure. Several years back, I planned on the "final" iteration of my collection to consist of statues for the Predators and only busts for the Aliens, given how much pickier I was with those.

I must've had the right idea at the time because none of the recent Alien statues have convinced me otherwise. And I really wanted one to.

I think they're making this a small run to compete with the Prime 1 version. They probably know they won't sell a huge amount. They have outright cancelled their fugitive bust. With prices as high as they are currently, you have to make something like this very special, doubly so when their is a comparable product of the same character available. Prime 1's bust was a lot better presented even if it was less accurate, nobody was ever going to buy CP's in huge numbers over that. Both the Prime 1 and CP Warriors somewhat missed the mark imo, neither of them scream buy me. Although I still maintain that the CP is the better option of the two. I'm happy with neither tbh. I would buy the Prime 1 Big chap but it's just too expensive to justify once all costs are taken into account.

I didn't realise how much better that head and water looked before on this. That's a shame how much the simplified it for production pieces. They really should alter the water effect on this at least, I love a good water effect but this looks bad currently.

Sideshow has also been know to low-stock, or waitlist stuff to drive interest and orders. Not saying they are doing it for sure here, but they have done it in the past....

Back