1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the dog raw print by coolprops was the laser scan of the rod puppet before it was touched up by Abner Marin at prime1 along with the base etc. I know it isn't final in that picture. Never claimed it was. However when it comes to the cp big chap the prototype marketing was vastly different than what people got. It isnt false it's simply true.

That is a more clear image comparison of the in hand cp chap and the p1 chap. Just so we can get a better picture comparison.
IMG_20200708_103803.jpg

DFD2783B-06E5-41F5-A66C-3D6F8866636C.jpg291791C5-EE8F-4447-855D-ECDD4D4FE459.jpg
I?m sure prime 1 bc will rock but my Coolprops bc is so awesome and exactly how I remember the suit at giger?s museum. So proud of the maquette and the bust as well. Also I prefer the vitrine display than prime 1 display but this is a personal choice.

When I watch the movie I see the same Alien I had in mi vitrine lol.

The dog is out of this world, they have really done an excellent job with it. BC will be amazing too but I don?t regret having the cp one. I won?t change it for the new one but that?s the good thing of our hobby; Different products for everybody so we can choose which one we prefer.

The only detail that isnt accurate is the cp chap isnt the film used suit. It is the statue Giger made before making the latex suit. That is why it is missing the elbow spikes, glued fingers and glove cuffs. I'll post a side by side of the statue in the museum and the actual film suit. They are two different designs. And the actual suit is the only one used on screen. prime1 is actually based on the suit used on screen not the concept unused statue .IMG_20200423_104017.jpgScreenshot_20200424-212158_Google.jpg

Yeah, CP bc is based on the suit exposed in giger?s museum and correct, is not the action suit used in the movie but the original Giger?s design but still when I look at it makes me feel that I am in front the real Alien.

CP never claimed accuracy to the film-used Chap suit, so there's no sense of being swindled there. Plus the Sano sculpt used to be the ultimate Giger Alien until the Koto came around, and that one was also based on the design statue.

Kotobukiya and Prime 1 have done a great job with their paint schemes, but they're exaggerated especially when compared to what we can see on film. I think that's the reason many people don't have a problem with a darker, almost all-black take on the Chap. Same reason why so many companies release blue Warriors instead of brown.

On the sculpts, both CP and P1 have hired independent CG artists for their Warriors with a wealth of experience between them. Beesub's Scar Predator bust is stunning in its detail. I wouldn't say his Warrior screams "inaccurate" either. It evokes the creature far better than anything Sideshow, Hot Toys, or NECA have done. I see Jaklyn pointing out that the tubes are too short (compared to the suit, not necessarily the puppet), but if other people have any complaints, they tend to be more about the pose and base size.

It may also be worth noting that these monsters are from older movies and, while their hand-made costumes are not short on detail, they lack the extreme over-sculpted fidelity of modern CG creations. Often times a digital sculptor will throw in microtextures - pores, veins, etc. - so the thing looks as loaded as possible from the closest vantage points, but this is simply not what these suits looked like. We all remember how low-fi the Warrior costumes were, for example. I don't mind that Beesub resisted the impulse in this case, his sculpt still looks great unpainted. We can only hope CP will produce a nice paint app on top. I wouldn't be surprised if most of their orders come in after final release, either. If their edition size is large, it's smarter to wait.

Last edited:
agree Blade:) I won’t say no to a prime 1 bchap but I have only place for 1 figure and no way selling my cp maquette��

Yes, to me it is the quality, Accuracy and paint app that matters. We will see in hand, maybe someone will do a side by side. There is just some alarming details that people tend to leave out. Like cps chap. Most people believe it is the most accurate screen used. When it is the most accurate to the concept statue. Not the actual film. It's important for companies to clarify this. Like the final sculpt p1 did of the dog is totally different than what cp put forward. And supposedly the artist who finished the sculpt isn't allowed to show it because cp won't allow them to.

We all know the CP Big Chap is not the on-screen Alien, we all know that...we all know it?s the first concept statue (the one at the actual Museum), that?s why we bought it.

Dude, you are talking like we are all ignoramuses here, lol.

Also, there?s no need to keep shiating that we own it, the ones who do, love it, period. What?s so hard for you to understand that?

Man, I post in a muscle car forum...and I swear, lots of Mustang vs Camaro arguments, like here, lol.

CP never claimed accuracy to the film-used Chap suit, so there's no sense of being swindled there. Plus the Sano sculpt used to be the ultimate Giger Alien until the Koto came around, and that one was also based on the design statue.

Kotobukiya and Prime 1 have done a great job with their paint schemes, but they're exaggerated especially when compared to what we can see on film. I think that's the reason many people don't have a problem with a darker, almost all-black take on the Chap. Same reason why so many companies release blue Warriors instead of brown.

On the sculpts, both CP and P1 have hired independent CG artists for their Warriors with a wealth of experience between them. Beesub's Scar Predator bust is stunning in its detail. I wouldn't say his Warrior screams "inaccurate" either. It evokes the creature far better than anything Sideshow, Hot Toys, or NECA have done. I see Jaklyn pointing out that the tubes are too short (compared to the suit, not necessarily the puppet), but if other people have any complaints, they tend to be more about the pose and base size.

It may also be worth noting that these monsters are from older movies and, while their hand-made costumes are not short on detail, they lack the extreme over-sculpted fidelity of modern CG creations. Often times a digital sculptor will throw in microtextures - pores, veins, etc. - so the thing looks as loaded as possible from the closest vantage points, but this is simply not what these suits looked like. We all remember how low-fi the Warrior costumes were, for example. I don't mind that Beesub resisted the impulse in this case, his sculpt still looks great unpainted. We can only hope CP will produce a nice paint app on top. I wouldn't be surprised if most of their orders come in after final release, either. If their edition size is large, it's smarter to wait.

Your Post is dead on.

Nothing. No CoolProps Warrior.

They kept showing the same damn pieces over and over again in three monumental wasteful and worthless 3 day videos.

All narrated by these two chicks who know absolutely nothing about any of the characters they were talking about.

Worthless Sideshow.

The hosts seemed fairly knowledgeable to me, considering how many licenses, lores, and product types are involved. Then again, I only really tuned in for a couple pieces and even those, I have no plans to actually buy. All my rewards points are reserved for this maquette at the moment.

Two "coming soon" posts from CoolProps, one in Mid-June and another at the start of July. I thought for sure we'd see it this week, seeing as CP and SS are partners. I guess July still has a few days left. If not, maybe August?

I do NOT like all that yellow. Good grief.

And still not on Sideshow.

I’m just going to place an order for the P1 Warrior.

I do like it’s more straight up stance than the semi-crouching P1 Warrior though.

I do dig the Warrior itself...but turned off by all that yellow on the base.

I really wanted to like the CoolProps Warrior, I really did. I even criticized the Prime 1 one.

But good grief...that awful yellow junk...it looks horrid...

And what in the hell is that???????

50410401146_2426a1e0c3_z_d.jpg

Holy crap, Batman!!

:horror

Back