1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if anyone is interested i contacted Coolprops few months ago to know if they planned an Alien Queen and just got this answer from them:

"Hello. We have plans to extend our 1:3 scale line and we are currently discussing options. Regarding this character and others in 1:3 scale, nothing is defined yet so we will make annoucements when it's ready. Please be sure to like our page here on Facebook and to follow us as well on our brand new instagram account (coolprops_official) to be sure sure to have the latest info regarding our available and forthcomming products. Thanks!"

So they are still on board for Alien pieces. On my side, i prefer to get the Prime 1 Queen which has everyhting needed ..The Queen , the eggs, the facehugger, the warriors, so a perfect representation of Aliens. At first i wasn't so hyped but the more i look at her the more i love this b...

if anyone is interested i contacted Coolprops few months ago to know if they planned an Alien Queen and just got this answer from them:

"Hello. We have plans to extend our 1:3 scale line and we are currently discussing options. Regarding this character and others in 1:3 scale, nothing is defined yet so we will make annoucements when it's ready. Please be sure to like our page here on Facebook and to follow us as well on our brand new instagram account (coolprops_official) to be sure sure to have the latest info regarding our available and forthcomming products. Thanks!"

So they are still on board for Alien pieces. On my side, i prefer to get the Prime 1 Queen which has everyhting needed ..The Queen , the eggs, the facehugger, the warriors, so a perfect representation of Aliens. At first i wasn't so hyped but the more i look at her the more i love this b...

Excited for you, it'll look awesome and you'll marvel it non stop as there would be always something cool to look at. The Queen is one badass mf

I wish those were my tick boxes, I just want a nice 1/3 scale alien statue, was hedging my bet on CP but it looks more and more unlikely I'll be getting this. I'll still keep an eye out, it's never concrete until production pics come out.

A full 1:3 queen would be massive like 1.5 meters tall. I have the CP bust and it's enormous. As into 1:3 as I am - I just can't see a full body happening. I would love a 1:4 tho and was disappointed P1 went non scale barely over 1:6 with theirs.

I think it needed a beam (the current P1 alien queen) to hold up it's head/torso. I wonder if this is required when production pieces are released. 1/3 scale would need a very light head or a thicker beam to hold it up, otherwise it might topple over.

I still think the best mass-produced Queen collectible we've gotten is the Sideshow/SWS bust from way back.

2905_press01.jpg

If a company wants to make a Queen product that stands apart from the many small maquettes out there, I'd hope either for a new bust or -- and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet -- an egg sack diorama. They could even make it a bit artsy, having the ovipositor wrap around in a circular fashion to save space. And with the Queen perched up on top, she wouldn't need a support rod even at a larger size.

I still think the best mass-produced Queen collectible we've gotten is the Sideshow/SWS bust from way back.

2905_press01.jpg

If a company wants to make a Queen product that stands apart from the many small maquettes out there, I'd hope either for a new bust or -- and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet -- an egg sack diorama. They could even make it a bit artsy, having the ovipositor wrap around in a circular fashion to save space. And with the Queen perched up on top, she wouldn't need a support rod even at a larger size.

Lol the ovipositor would be a little over the top for me, I cringe everytime I see that. It would freak me out to have that part of the queen at home. That said, I think the pose where Ripley first sees the Queen, that angle with all the spikes sticking out from it's back and head tilted down, wouldn't mind a 1/3 bust like that, along with a proportionately scaled down Ripley holding a flame thrower as an EX version bonus. Can pose a face off with each other just like in the movie.

Sideshow had an ovipositor dio planned but scrapped it.
The SWS / SS queen bust is beautiful - I just wish they'd made the whole maquette they took the bust from as a standalone piece.

If Infinity Studio were to get the Alien license, we'd have another shot at a Warrior and filmic Big Chap. Maybe their outside-the-box approach would be just the ticket for these characters.

I just keep coming back to this and the Prime 1 and lamenting what could've been. Frickin' bases, man. I don't understand it.

If Infinity Studio were to get the Alien license, we'd have another shot at a Warrior and filmic Big Chap. Maybe their outside-the-box approach would be just the ticket for these characters.

I just keep coming back to this and the Prime 1 and lamenting what could've been. Frickin' bases, man. I don't understand it.

Lol know what you mean. Good bases complement the piece, have their own mini theme with just the right amount of balance. They possess a charm.

Prime 1s base is like throwing as much candy, chocolate, freckles on ice cream until you all see is a rainbow. Prefer CPs base more although it is also huge. Just a pity they've seen to gone cheap with their latest pics. I rather them shrink the base to save some costs with the trade off being more realism to the water, pipe, grates and other little intricate details which I think is key with Alien bases.

Kind of like the cinemaquette 1/3 predator base, it's not too big but has very nice little details in the right doses. This is all very achievable which is what makes it frustrating.

That’s horrid.

I am still hopeful because the Warrior is Beesub’s puppy, love the sculpt. But I will keep an eye out. If it turns out to be a bad paint app, I have no problem cancelling at the last minute.

I got a response from CoolProps after I posted about their subpar paint app of the Kagero Predator bust on their Facebook page:

Hello and thank you for your message.

This comparison shot is made between a bust displayed under very bad lighting during a convention show, on the left, and one example, out of many different others, of in hand pictures on the right.

This Kagero bust was shipped several months ago and many collectors already reveiced it. To date, we have not had negative feedback about them.

Again, this picture was taken under very bad lighting and this exact same bust was displayed on many different shows. Yet it appears to be different each time, depending on the type of lighting and camera.

The bust was designed, painted and art directed by artist Akihito. He was also in charge of the whole QC process and checked every single piece. If we do agree that there are some variations between sample prototype and final product, it is a bit unfair to judge this product by this single image.

Finally, as mentioned earlier in a previous statement, we took some time to develop and change our production processes and to expand as well our production team. We are working hard on the new products to deliver even better products.

Nevertheless we thank you for your comment & feedback and hope you will continue to follow CoolProps.

Please, if you have any problems with your purchase of Kagero bust, please contact us further.

I got a response from CoolProps after I posted about their subpar paint app of the Kagero Predator bust on their Facebook page:

Hello and thank you for your message.

This comparison shot is made between a bust displayed under very bad lighting during a convention show, on the left, and one example, out of many different others, of in hand pictures on the right.

This Kagero bust was shipped several months ago and many collectors already reveiced it. To date, we have not had negative feedback about them.

Again, this picture was taken under very bad lighting and this exact same bust was displayed on many different shows. Yet it appears to be different each time, depending on the type of lighting and camera.

The bust was designed, painted and art directed by artist Akihito. He was also in charge of the whole QC process and checked every single piece. If we do agree that there are some variations between sample prototype and final product, it is a bit unfair to judge this product by this single image.

Finally, as mentioned earlier in a previous statement, we took some time to develop and change our production processes and to expand as well our production team. We are working hard on the new products to deliver even better products.

Nevertheless we thank you for your comment & feedback and hope you will continue to follow CoolProps.

Please, if you have any problems with your purchase of Kagero bust, please contact us further.

Hahahah so basically. Blame the lighting for some Horrible paint job. The red and black spray dots alone. That paint job is a disaster at best. I even put an official picture of the prototype now. Those black dots are probably the worst just because I know from doing airbrush how easy it is to avoid that.But I like how they are pretending the lighting is what was hiding all of that red paint.IMG_20210121_083752.jpg

Oh and there are multiple images of this in hand on Marco Bells IG account for anyone who wants to see more of it.

I got a response from CoolProps after I posted about their subpar paint app of the Kagero Predator bust on their Facebook page

You posted directly on their FB page or you messaged them? I sent them an email through their US site about the seams and details on this guy and didn't hear back. I assume it was either not received or ignored.

What's interesting is the Kagero Predator photos that jaklyn posted don't match up with the current prototype, which is simpler. This means they downgraded it twice. Once from convention to preorder and again from preorder to release. We've seen the first downgrade with this Warrior maquette as well. So what happens when it's actually produced? Will it be better, same, or worse?

If they release their lifesize Scar Predator head and it looks as good as the current prototype (dots, shading, etc.) I suppose that'll be a show of good faith. They actually improved the prototype and final release should be soon, so I'm curious to see where he lands.

Back