Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both films featured earnest women in "sexy" fanboy outfits that kick ass against big monster-like beings.

You lose me right here. Slave Leia had about 5 minutes of screen time, and ROTJ was not about sexy girls fighting monsters, Sucker Punch was.

Separate sleeping bags I hope :lecture :lol

Are you kidding? They're gonna share one of these...

tauntaun-sleepingbag-embed-zoom.jpg
:naughty

I watched this last night. I give it a 2/10.

The only thing saving it from being pure, stinking garbage is the visuals and hot chicks.

It might even bump Napoleon Dynamite out of the "worst movie in history" spot.

I think the theatrical version is superior. I don't believe the extended cut is preferred by Snyder. He even admitted on the commentary that showing that glitzy and glamorous musical number pretty much destroyed the idea that their performances were horrible abusive routines that they would risk their very lives to escape.

The extra action is kind of cool but not really necessary. The last scene with Babydoll and the High Roller is creepy and not in a good way.

I do like the extension showing BD fire two bullets at her stepfather but that's the only scene that's actually improved with additional footage.

The transition with her getting punched by the goon and then lobotomized was perfect in the theatrical cut.

I think the theatrical version is superior. I don't believe the extended cut is preferred by Snyder. He even admitted on the commentary that showing that glitzy and glamorous musical number pretty much destroyed the idea that their performances were horrible abusive routines that they would risk their very lives to escape.

The extra action is kind of cool but not really necessary. The last scene with Babydoll and the High Roller is creepy and not in a good way.

I do like the extension showing BD fire two bullets at her stepfather but that's the only scene that's actually improved with additional footage.

The transition with her getting punched by the goon and then lobotomized was perfect in the theatrical cut.

I thought that was the point. It actually made her motivation clearer. :dunno

I hate the musical number. :monkey4

I thought that was the point. It actually made her motivation clearer. :dunno

Well sure but they could have made the whole movie more clear by showing what horrible things were happening in place of the fantasies. But I'm glad they didn't and I'm glad the High Roller fantasy was not included in the theatrical release.

I hate the musical number. :monkey4

:lol

I find there are four groups of commentors on the film...

1. Those who like the film as a unique take on what is happening and what isn't & with a direction that lets the viewer decide what is real, with several options to choose from.

2. Those who like it as an action film with hot girls and a fair plot thrown in.

3. Those who look at it at face value and determine a poor opinion based on the looks of the girls and judge it with that one view in mind, they then refuse to listen to anyones given merits of the film beyond the visual. They then condemn male fans as sexist/perverted which is pure hypocracy as they are the ones judging the film on the characters appearance alone & by judging/condemning male fans while dismissing any reasons they give for liking the film beyond the visual... Some of this group haven't even watched the film.

4. Those who don't like it as they believe it's trying to be more than it is or think the plot/acting/style is poor.

I myself am a mix of 1 & 2

:wave

I find there are four groups of commentors on the film...

1. Those who like the film as a unique take on what is happening and what isn't & with a direction that lets the viewer decide what is real, with several options to choose from.

2. Those who like it as an action film with hot girls and a fair plot thrown in.

3. Those who look at it at face value and determine a poor opinion based on the looks of the girls and judge it with that one view in mind, they then refuse to listen to anyones given merits of the film beyond the visual. They then condemn male fans as sexist/perverted which is pure hypocracy as they are the ones judging the film on the characters appearance alone & by judging/condemning male fans while dismissing any reasons they give for liking the film beyond the visual... Some of this group haven't even watched the film.

4. Those who don't like it as they believe it's trying to be more than it is or think the plot/acting/style is poor.

I myself am a mix of 1 & 2

:wave

1 & 2 here also. I've always loved off track films like Eraserhead, Pan's Labyrith, movies that really take you out of this world, reality.

Back