Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

What arc? He died in the second film. :lol

I thought Superman had a good arc in MOS. The final shot of little Clark with the cape and his father watching and the final line, "Welcome to the planet" and Clark smiling and saying, "Glad to be here, Lois" , were perfect. His "arc" was complete. He learned his origin, found love, embraced his powers, found his purpose, and finally felt like he belonged with the humans.

Agreed.

BVS took a massive **** on that by making Superman sad and depressed the whole film....then killing him.

BVS took a step backwards.

True, and don't forget making him & the rest of The Daily Planet staff completely ignorant of Batman having been one of the good guys for years. When you put Metropolis across the bay from Gotham AND have an older Batman, you expect someone at the DP to clue Clark into the fact that it was the Gotham police commissioner shining that light in the sky on a regular basis and that his "Bat Vigilante" was a non-story for that reason. It was beyond implausible for a major metropolitan newspaper to not know that was happening right next door. IMO Bruce's anger toward Superman was set up quite well, but the reverse was forced and nonsensical.

Agreed.

True, and don't forget making him & the rest of The Daily Planet staff completely ignorant of Batman having been one of the good guys for years. When you put Metropolis across the bay from Gotham AND have an older Batman, you expect someone at the DP to clue Clark into the fact that it was the Gotham police commissioner shining that light in the sky on a regular basis and that his "Bat Vigilante" was a non-story for that reason. It was beyond implausible for a major metropolitan newspaper to not know that was happening right next door. IMO Bruce's anger toward Superman was set up quite well, but the reverse was forced and nonsensical.

Lol right? How ****ing stupid. The city is literally across the damn bay and Batman was Batman for 20 yrs? And no one thought that all the villains and **** that went down in gotham was real? I find that absolutely unbelievable. Like how do you not see the bat signal in the sky the crazy reports from gotham and everything else? I?m sure leto joker was on terrorist level right? That?s a huge deal. Or was he just some loser who sat in clubs and dragged race like SS portrayed him to be

Agreed.

I didn't have a problem with Bruce's fear of Superman, but I think their interactions were awfully written. The first time they meet in costume, Superman threatens Batman, "Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead; bury it. Consider this mercy." Who talks like that? Not Superman. :lol The next time they meet, they don't even try to talk it out. Superman doesn't even try to explain why he's there and why they need to work together against Luthor. It's not like he isn't fast or strong enough to restrain Batman without hurting him, but no, he just kept pushing and throwing Batman around, which made no sense. :slap

The worst part of that sequence for me was when Superman says, "You don't understand", and Batffleck gets on Sups's face and yells for no reason,"I UnDeRsTaN!!!" :lol It's so bad.

Snyder Cut will fix it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol this made laugh loud. Will the Snyder cut put a band aid over the SS, BOP and the disjointed universe as a whole? We shall see

I didn't have a problem with Bruce's fear of Superman, but I think their interactions were awfully written. The first time they meet in costume, Superman threatens Batman, "Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead; bury it. Consider this mercy." Who talks like that? Not Superman. :lol The next time they meet, they don't even try to talk it out. Superman doesn't even try to explain why he's there and why they need to work together against Luthor. It's not like he isn't fast or strong enough to restrain Batman without hurting him, but no, he just kept pushing and throwing Batman around, which made no sense. :slap

The worst part of that sequence for me was when Superman says, "You don't understand", and Batffleck gets on Sups's face and yells for no reason,"I UnDeRsTaN!!!" :lol It's so bad.

I think they wanted to show a nice shot of Batman and Superman face to face but it came off as silly .
Read some comments on the Snyder cut from fanboys who say people who hate this film don?t understand it .

I UNDERSTAN!

It?s just not good

Uh, he does, but Bats won't stop the pre-emptive strikes.

szzeadL.gif

iBvKflz.gif

While I absolutely loved BvS. It definitely has issues. One main issue is not having the proper character motivations in place.

Luthor had an elaborate plan to make Batman hate Supes, which was already defined but the reverse was lazy despite a poor attempt of having one.

The other main problems was Luther as a character in general and the badly forced inJL cameos. (Also Batman murdering without explanation)

I?ll never get DC?s fascination with making luthor some comedic non threatening dude in the movies. The cartoons portray him so well but the movies try to make him this funny joker type character. Idk wtf bvs was. That was terrible

I?ll never get DC?s fascination with making luthor some comedic non threatening dude in the movies. The cartoons portray him so well but the movies try to make him this funny joker type character. Idk wtf bvs was. That was terrible

Snyder actually talked about casting and how they had talks with Brian Cranston. He interviewed Eisenburg for that Jimmy Olsen cameo initially, but he said that he was soo passive aggressive and felt soo uncomfortable that he thought that was a good angle for Luther.

Admittedly it wasn?t necessarily the casting but more the writing that made him a rambling idiot.

Hackman and Spacey were pretty good Luthors. I could see why WB would want to differentiate themselves from those performances though and go with something different. Although it didn't really work, I don't think it was all Eisnebergs fault, the writing could've been much better.

While CR Super,an is still my favorite Supes and I like Hackman and the movie, you can’t seriously say he was a good Luthor! He was goofy and more of a comic relief than a menace. Spacey was already a darker interpretation, though, for me, the best Luthors will always be John Shea and Michael Rosenbaum. They had charm, charisma and definitely carried an evil presence on screen.

The only good live action Luthor we had was Rosinbaum from Smallville.

Every other one completely sucked

Back