Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really see HBO Max not wanting to do something with his world. Will be interesting to see how it has fared over the weekend come Monday.

The Knightmare stuff is the most interesting thing about the Snyderverse to be honest. I'd rather a 4 hour movie set in that.

Those were my thoughts exactly. That scene left me wanting more. I didn?t mind Leto as much this time around. Not great but closer to ?a? version of the joker. The rest of the movie was certainly better than the theatrical release but I just couldn?t warm up to Steppenwolf still. Affleck Batman is good, Affleck Bruce Wayne is great, IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After WW2 tanked, deservedly so, Gal Gadot must be praying for WB approving more ZSJL films because honestly it saved her WW do you have any idea how lucky she was that this came out after WW2 talk about a character/career resurrection just 3 months after WW2 bombed sheesh.

Screw that passive WW crap keep her as a warrior!

I hope this movie brought in the subscribers because I will take ZS over 100 JJ Abrams.

I just wish WW had bigger boobs and bigger ass is all lol

The ZS cult do need to stop with the labeling of this movie on social media as being more epic than the entire LOTR trilogy and more thought provoking than Ghandi.

Ok stop now you are embarrassing yourselves lol

The plot is thinner than my head of hair and GG ass combined.

Why is it being a fun and thrilling heist movie not good enough.

You see I knew that the BvS is too smart for you mindset would get out of control and I like ZS and I loved his JL movie but chill out and remember that Sucker Punch remains unwatchable lol

Unlike the Sucker Punch trailers which remain highly rewatchable funny how that works isn’t it.

That being said I think WB will announce JL2 by ZS by mid week, watch.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Darkseid learned his lesson the last time he rushed into battle without a good game plan. I'd imagine he knows Supes is no slouch.

True, but that said, he'll probably lose to Wonder Woman + Aquaman too. Remember, Zeus + Ares were the ones to defeat him. Ares got defeated by Wonder Woman. Aquaman will probably be close to Wonder Woman's physical prowess.

My point is, if he cannot beat them at that point in time with the help of Steppenwolf how can he beat them when more of the Justice League joins up? If they had J'onn J'onzz a Green Lantern and Atom (who were all shown in the movie already).... He's toast.

True, but that said, he'll probably lose to Wonder Woman + Aquaman too. Remember, Zeus + Ares were the ones to defeat him. Ares got defeated by Wonder Woman. Aquaman will probably be close to Wonder Woman's physical prowess.

My point is, if he cannot beat them at that point in time with the help of Steppenwolf how can he beat them when more of the Justice League joins up? If they had J'onn J'onzz a Green Lantern and Atom (who were all shown in the movie already).... He's toast.

I think they'll angle at him being very young in his initial takeover, now he's older and stronger and probably a black belt in karate now also.

Watched the Knightmare scene again before I watch it all a second time - loved everything about it, the cinematography, camera focus, the truce, Leto's stare down with Batman, their back-and-forth jibing at each other. I really, really want a film exploring Batman's more honourable days with Robin and his death at the hands of Leto.

Watched the Knightmare scene again before I watch it all a second time - loved everything about it, the cinematography, camera focus, the truce, Leto's stare down with Batman, their back-and-forth jibing at each other. I really, really want a film exploring Batman's more honourable days with Robin and his death at the hands of Leto.

The problem with a Batman who is willing to kill mere henchmen is it becomes hard to make sense of why he doesn't kill his primary antagonists, especially one that murdered Robin. So when I saw a screengrab with a certain subtitle

Spoiler Spoiler:

Firstly was that real? I haven't seen this yet. And secondly, if it was, my response is - uhhhh, well yeah, you ****ing should. Do it now!

The problem with a Batman who is willing to kill mere henchmen is it becomes hard to make sense of why he doesn't kill his primary antagonists, especially one that murdered Robin. So when I saw a screengrab with a certain subtitle

Spoiler Spoiler:

Firstly was that real? I haven't seen this yet. And secondly, if it was, my response is - uhhhh, well yeah, you ****ing should. Do it now!

Makes the same lick of sense that it makes in all of the comics why he doesn't kill his rogues gallery yet kills others, as in, it doesn't really. But the constant theme of not killing Joker as being his last tenuous line of not crossing through to being a monster, I guess, is what underpins it - as to why he needs Joker? Who knows, probably would be explored in the sequel. But also not hard to believe that in this timeline if things don't work out why Batman wouldn't care about crossing the line any longer and doing what he has always wanted to do. But within the context of this conversation, which yes; does happen, Joker pushes all of the buttons you'd need to push as a life-long adversary for Batman to threaten killing him. Brings up the death of his father, mother and adopted son (Robin), and then taunts how it was his fault for sending Robin, a boy, to do his, a man's, dirty work. As dialogue and commentary on their relationship etc. it isn't exactly knew writing, this is stuff explored in a lot of comics, recontextualised for his film.

But as a film that would explain BvS in greater detail of how he became derailed would be excellent. I can easily see this Joker and Affleck making for a great film ushering in his BvS character. Even better if we see how he was before the Death of Robin. Clearly, as a complete character arc which would cement this storyline, it'd have to have Batman sparing Joker in the beginning, Joker killing Robin in the middle, and then Joker escaping in the last act with a now off the tracks Batman.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Needs all the help he can get. Makes it pretty clear he's killing Joker after they deal with Superman and Darkseid. Isn't Joker usually quite smart? They braun isn't the only thing they'll need to win.

And yes it's real.

I can't really see HBO Max not wanting to do something with his world. Will be interesting to see how it has fared over the weekend come Monday.

I think we need to keep in mind that this is opening weekend in a pandemic where people have been starved for new content. I doubt if anyone (WB, HBO Max, etc.) are going to have a knee-jerk reaction to good initial numbers, as (a) most early viewers were fans already and (b) any subsequent project would (hopefully) be released under entirely different circumstances. Plus it's really down to DC/WB approving it (not likely at this point in time) and most of the participants probably have other projects in the pipeline now. Any future get together could be quite a few years off.

I think we need to keep in mind that this is opening weekend in a pandemic where people have been starved for new content. I doubt if anyone (WB, HBO Max, etc.) are going to have a knee-jerk reaction to good initial numbers, as (a) most early viewers were fans already and (b) any subsequent project would (hopefully) be released under entirely different circumstances. Plus it's really down to DC/WB approving it (not likely at this point in time) and most of the participants probably have other projects in the pipeline now. Any future get together could be quite a few years off.

I agree but it?s possible that WB already considered this a marketing win last year with all the attention it received and that contracts were updated last year and all the pieces are already in place for announcements to be made now.

The reason I say that is because truth be told like it or not his DCEU vision already currently exists with Aquaman, WW and the Flash movie already having Affleck back.

It?s not that far of a stretch to keep his vision alive with the biggest hurdle really being Ray Fisher battle with WB.

I just don?t see a scenario where WB considers this release a failure unless they only got rainpaulo to subscribe lol

The Batman movie and Phoenix Joker can still be successful in its own franchise path.

Screw it why not have 2 successful franchises instead of just one.

I got to have my 6 hour JL2 movie dammit!

I need to see her sweater sniffing arc play out...

Have you ever seen anyone look so determined to sniff clothing just look at her ready to go...

363AC733-BEA5-4FC5-B6EA-11FC3FFA0AD6.jpg

Last edited:
I agree but it?s possible that WB already considered this a marketing win last year with all the attention it received and that contracts were updated last year and all the pieces are already in place for announcements to be made now.

The reason I say that is because truth be told like it or not his DCEU vision already currently exists with Aquaman, WW and the Flash movie already having Affleck back.

It?s not that far of a stretch to keep his vision alive with the biggest hurdle really being Ray Fisher battle with WB.

I just don?t see a scenario where WB considers this release a failure unless they only got rainpaulo to subscribe lol

The Batman movie and Phoenix Joker can still be successful in its own franchise path.

Screw it why not have 2 successful franchises instead of just one.

I got to have my 6 hour JL2 movie dammit!

Yes, I suppose that's possible, but would it stay on HBO Max or go back to cinemas? I could see Zack's inability to tell a story in under 4 hours becoming an issue again if it's the latter lol...

As for Cyborg, at this point in his character arc he only shows half his face so (social media **** storms aside) not a difficult role to recast. I don't think Terrance Howard is terribly busy right now. :D

205744.gif

I need to see her sweater sniffing arc play out...

Have you ever seen anyone look so determined to sniff clothing just look at her ready to go...

View attachment 509166

Wow! Can you imagine the look if he left his boxers behind? :horror

Yes, I suppose that's possible, but would it stay on HBO Max or go back to cinemas? I could see Zack's inability to tell a story in under 4 hours becoming an issue again if it's the latter lol...

As for Cyborg, at this point in his character arc he only shows half his face so (social media **** storms aside) not a difficult role to recast. I don't think Terrance Howard is terribly busy right now. :D

205744.gif

Wow! Can you imagine the look if he left his boxers behind? :horror

:lol :lol

Well the ZS cult will have to approve Ray’s removal forgetting that he removed himself :slap

Probably both they know ZS is a huge extended cut kind of director so theatrical for the short version and HBOMAX for his extended cut which when you think about it is not a bad way to do things nowadays.

ZS will be happy, WB will be happy

I don’t think it’s over.

Clown must be celebrating lol

Genuinely curious... why are so many of y?all saying ?comic fans will love this? when most of the characters... and I mean everyone but Superman, aren?t even close to representing their comic counterparts. Aquamomoa, Gollumborg, Punisher Batman, Autistic Flash, Wonder Gadot, Lame Lois, ?Lex Luthor,? nothing like the comics. Not even close to the comics.

I truly don?t understand the love for any of these.

Aquamomoa - Literally Jason Momoa and Khal Drogo. Acts nothing like Aquaman. Dude is a drunk, tatted up, brown hair...

Punisher Batman - Not even Batman in this movie. Shoots and kills.

Gollumborg - Completely negative, squeaks when he moves, walks like Gollum

Autistic Flash - Doesn?t look like Barry, isn?t smart like Barry, he is literally the Jar Jar Binks of the Snyderverse. You have to admit it, he really is.

Lame Lois - Red head, Amy Adams looks are very meh

Lex Luthor - I think even the biggest SnyderDemons hate him.

For the 7 people who said I don?t want to have a discussion and even posted after I made this, I?m waiting for a reply.

My take on it, if you take a still shot from this movie, it would fit very well into a comic book page. When it comes to how the scenes are composed, the movie looks amazing (dated CGI aside).

That is not the only reason why we collect comics ...it's not just the art. Its the story, too ...and the story includes the characters.

This movie is shown in perpetual night scenes. The characters don't even match the characters in the comics. This movie is nothing like the comics at all.

Yet again there is no defense, just insulting me or my sig.

I disagree with a lot of your thoughts on ZSJL Ducky, but I do really like your sig! It's some beautiful art. :clap

So did anyone think adding the Leto Joker scene ( Let?s face it..back in 2017 did they even know Leto was going to be Joker ) was too overkill on Zac?s part .

Well Suicide Squad came out in 2016, so I would hope they knew Leto was the Joker in the following year. :rotfl

I do agree it was a bit overkill on Zack's part. Same goes for everything after Sups does the classic ripping open his shirt actually. Like it's cool to see Deathstroke, see more knightmare, see Joker and Batman actually interact, etc but it all feels VERY tacked on the end. I actually think the original final scene with Sups is a perfect way to end the film, with the Deathstroke scene as a post credits stinger (just like in the 2017 movie actually). I'm all for fan service when you can get it into the movie a bit more naturally, but all the end stuff just felt like Zack was thinking "this is cool stuff but I don't know where to put it, so we will just chuck it all onto the end." It left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth as the movie ended. Knowing that it almost certainly won't actually lead to anything doesn't help.

Like having a weird looking Bruce talking to Martian Manhunter, with a rather poor CGI Martian Manhunter flying away is such an odd way to end the movie to me when the Superman scene is just way more fitting.

Makes the same lick of sense that it makes in all of the comics why he doesn't kill his rogues gallery yet kills others, as in, it doesn't really. But the constant theme of not killing Joker as being his last tenuous line of not crossing through to being a monster, I guess, is what underpins it - as to why he needs Joker? Who knows, probably would be explored in the sequel. But also not hard to believe that in this timeline if things don't work out why Batman wouldn't care about crossing the line any longer and doing what he has always wanted to do. But within the context of this conversation, which yes; does happen, Joker pushes all of the buttons you'd need to push as a life-long adversary for Batman to threaten killing him. Brings up the death of his father, mother and adopted son (Robin), and then taunts how it was his fault for sending Robin, a boy, to do his, a man's, dirty work. As dialogue and commentary on their relationship etc. it isn't exactly knew writing, this is stuff explored in a lot of comics, recontextualised for his film.

But as a film that would explain BvS in greater detail of how he became derailed would be excellent. I can easily see this Joker and Affleck making for a great film ushering in his BvS character. Even better if we see how he was before the Death of Robin. Clearly, as a complete character arc which would cement this storyline, it'd have to have Batman sparing Joker in the beginning, Joker killing Robin in the middle, and then Joker escaping in the last act with a now off the tracks Batman.

The fundamental identity of Batman is not crossing that line. His entire character is based around his code. If you have to ask yourself why it makes no sense, you haven’t read Batman. Your answer, as well as Snyder’s, is “who knows.” That about sums up the choices made in this movie. Snyder turned Batman into a guy who shoots guns. He completely tore down what makes Batman Batman and gave us The Punisher with a bat symbol. It was utterly terrible. He gave us a Batman that had no real plan throughout the movie and relied on faith. Batman, the guy with contingency plans for his contingency plans, relied on faith and the goodwill of a returning Superman. lol. That isn’t Batman at all. His entire arc from BvS to JL doesn’t make a lick of sense.

You aren’t allowed to say that. I’ve mentioned that fact three times. Nobody can comprehend it.

The #RestoreTheSnyderVerse is hilarious and will be dead after The Batman releases in 2022.

You aren?t allowed to say that. I?ve mentioned that fact three times. Nobody can comprehend it.

The #RestoreTheSnyderVerse is hilarious and will be dead after The Batman releases in 2022.

Well, people said the same thing about The Snyder Cut so I wouldn't speak in absolutes, especially in this day and age where are there are countless streaming services competing for viewers. Granted given the property rights it's likely to be either a WB theater release and/or a HBO Max release, but WB might also consider co-funding the project (& sharing the risk) with someone else. Let's face it, the BIG reason the Snyder Cut happened was that most of it was already bought and paid for, but next time around that won't be the case.

Back