Your most anticipated movie of 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your most anticipated movie of 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tumblr_lz4n4808lE1r1rvcno1_500.gif

That scene alone makes this Spiderman better, IMO of course.:D

17 Academy Awards, 30 nominations for starters. With The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit the story really is of equal importance to the characters. Superhero flicks, especially team ones, are usually more about guys looking cool when they jump around and punch out bad guys.

Pretty much. Then you have the books they're based on which are more sophisticated than a comic. Now, as far as fans go its been my experience that te fans of Tolkien are more mature than say the average comic book fan.

tumblr_lz4z6xQQUU1qinq10o1_500.gif

I've seen in person Tolkien fanboys get so riled up I thought they were going to explode when people question any little bit of the sacred text. Let's not forget some of the arguments that have occurred within the small Shire that is our LOTR forums.

To say Tolkien fans are more sophisticated or mature than even the average comic book fan is gross overgeneralization and ridiculous within it's nature even here where none of us would be classified as the average fan of anything.

Each has their own outliers and extremists on both ends of the spectrum and to say otherwise or even trying and categorize between the two of them is just silly exercise in time wasting management and nothing more.

The maturity of the individual fan bases has nothing to do with with the films themselves... Face it, Marvelite, Ringer, Batfan or Star Wars lover like me, we're all dorks.

Not to mention the fact that just about all of us love the other properties quite a bit as well. Josh might love LOTR but he also loves Iron Man while Mike loves Iron Man but also loves LOTR, etc.

Hobbit is what I'm looking foward to the most... but there's a lot of goodness coming this year. Gonna be dishing out a lot of $$$ for babysitting :lol

The movie is coming whether you like it or not... Part of me wishes the movie would never come out, and the mystery of the Space Jockey would never be revealed, but it is. And I don't see why you would bash the movie for a reason other than that. The movie looks incredible, and a big bonus..the director of Alien is the one directing it..

I have never been so excited for somthing in my life, honestly. It's not a movie for me, it never was..it's this extraordinary event.
For so many years these mysterious alien creatures have shown us the true meaning of fear. Living machines..it would appear that they were made specifically for killing.

..but made by who?.... What was it? What was that fossilized creature in the derelict? Why was it there? The eggs..the stasis..what does it mean?
We have been so focused on destroying (or capturing..) the alien scourge, we never really paid much attention to the earlier parts of the mystery, to the beginning..

The beginning of the end, it's finally here..

The Alien series is ruined. It will never be fixed. They ____ed up the whole series beyond repair.

It's not a big deal about the Space Jockey. The mystery was fun for a while...but i've been hearing how Scott want's to see that story. So I knew it was going to happen at some point.

It couldn't hurt the series any more then the AvP films/

I've seen in person Tolkien fanboys get so riled up I thought they were going to explode when people question any little bit of the sacred text. Let's not forget some of the arguments that have occurred within the small Shire that is our LOTR forums.

To say Tolkien fans are more sophisticated or mature than even the average comic book fan is gross overgeneralization and ridiculous within it's nature even here where none of us would be classified as the average fan of anything.

Each has their own outliers and extremists on both ends of the spectrum and to say otherwise or even trying and categorize between the two of them is just silly exercise in time wasting management and nothing more.

Sure there are extremists or people with very short fuses in every corner of fandom that exists.

The maturity of the individual fan bases has nothing to do with with the films themselves... .

Correct. I love going to comic book movies and certain ones bring higher expectations than others. However, with LOTR or the upcoming two Hobbit films my level of expectation is much higher.

Not to mention the fact that just about all of us love the other properties quite a bit as well. Josh might love LOTR but he also loves Iron Man while Mike loves Iron Man but also loves LOTR, etc.

I agree. While LOTR is #1 for me I also enjoy Marvel, Batman, Joe, etc quite a bit. I corner myself into liking just one thing.

Last edited:

I don't know. Most Marvel fans on this board seem to be all about the Hulk smashing stuff and Black Widow looking hot. I think Tolkien fans tend to lean more toward appreciating the filmmaking/storytelling side of their respective films.

Last edited:
I don't know. Most Marvel fans on this board seem to be all about the Hulk smashing stuff and Black Widow looking hot. I think Tolkien fans tend to lean more toward appreciated the filmmaking/storytelling side of their respective films.

:lecture I've always liked the Hulk, but he would be down pretty far on a list of my favorite Marvel characters. That being said I've always thought it was weird that so many freaks seem to think Hulk is such an amazing character. :dunno

I don't know. Most Marvel fans on this board seem to be all about the Hulk smashing stuff and Black Widow looking hot. I think Tolkien fans tend to lean more toward appreciated the filmmaking/storytelling side of their respective films.

Ahem, please don't lump all Marvel fans into one (Avengers) franchise, X-Men, Spider-Man, daredevil, Iron Fist, Deadpool... the list goes on and on, the only reason the board is Avengers mad is cos of the rampant hype for the film and Hot Toys boner for it, there are far better Marvel characters.

It's the only film they've done that's approached mature themes and tried to be anything more than just a pew, pew, pow, pow fest. It's not their best film, but in my opinion it's the 2nd best thing under Marvel's name.

:goodpost: best of the Hulk films so far.

It's the only film they've done that's approached mature themes and tried to be anything more than just a pew, pew, pow, pow fest. It's not their best film, but in my opinion it's the 2nd best thing under Marvel's name.

I guess I just disagree. It was pretty crappy from start to finish and next to the new Ghost Rider film the only film in recent years I've about walked out of. I just thought it was a poorly made film.

Back