Most important anniversary of 2022?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the most important anniversary of 2022?

• The Godfather 50th

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Blade Runner 40th

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Star Trek II 40th

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • E.T. 40th

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • TRON 40th

• Batman Returns 30th

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Attack of the Clones 20th

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Spider-Man 20th

• The Avengers 10th

• The Dark Knight Rises 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lots of crappy movies too.
Yeah but Poltergeist, ST2, ET, Blade Runner and The Thing in one month! Let that sink in. That is absolutely insane.

I wish I had been old enough (11 at the time) to see all those in the cinema that month. I only saw ET and ST2. ET left me an absolute blubbering mess at the end and ST2 freaked me out in a good way. My aunt had told me how great Blade Runner was. That didn’t help. My sister got to see Poltergeist, 2 years older. I just wanted to grow up quicker at that point. The Thing wasn’t even on my radar until probably 3-4 years later but became a legendary copy off a rental video tape that got passed around amongst school friends.

It wasn’t until Drew McWeeney pointed out they all came out within a month that I realised how insane and incredibly rare it was to witness such greatness in such a short period of time.

“Important” really doesn’t apply to any of them cinema is a diversion that can have immense cultural impact but it is not important like oxygen and food lol

I'm going with the third definition...

important | ɪmˈpɔːtnt |
adjective
of great significance or value: important habitats for wildlife | it is important to avoid monosyllabic answers | [sentence adverb] : the speech had passion and, more important, compassion.
• (of a person) having high rank or status: an important senator.
(of an artist or artistic work) significantly original and influential: writers as important as Hopkins.

I'm going with the third definition...

important | ɪmˈpɔːtnt |
adjective
of great significance or value: important habitats for wildlife | it is important to avoid monosyllabic answers | [sentence adverb] : the speech had passion and, more important, compassion.
• (of a person) having high rank or status: an important senator.
(of an artist or artistic work) significantly original and influential: writers as important as Hopkins.
575C4075-C42C-4A65-929F-E7E791AE56C1.jpeg

The original Anakin lol

Watching AOTC right now and holy crap is the dialogue so on the nose and abysmal lol

“I guess I was wrong there was no danger at all.” and before he can finish the last syllable…

BOOM lol

Then Mace:

“You know my lady count Dooku was once a Jedi he couldn’t assassinate anyone it’s not in his character”

Great….just his character or does that also apply to other Jedi as well!

:slap

AOTC Anakin reminds me of my son :horror
"I'm sorry milady. The assassin fortunately believed the ruse of me being your decoy and directed his attack at me instead of you. I failed you..."

Dafuq?? :slap

lol

First Blood is better than half the films on that list. AOTC? GTFO :LOL:

ntvOZCr.jpg
Just rewatched this in 4K yesterday and movie is an all time classic for me. Dennehy is great as the Sheriff and of course Stallone as Rambo set the tone for the sequels to come. Rambo 4 is the only sequel I care to revisit after this one.

I voted for TRON to be funny, cause it shouldn't even be on any list. It was a commercial and critical flop. I liked it, but I was like 5...I liked everything back then.

I would say Blade Runner is my favorite movie on the list, but I feel like we just "celebrated" Blade Runner in 2019 cause that's when the movie took place. It even got a special re-release in IMAX here in Japan.

I guess I'd have to with Godfather being 50 as my serious answer, cause "40th anniversary" just sounds kind of arbitrary and less impressive. Nobody really cares about ET anymore. People still care about The Godfather. It's basically on every Top 5 movies of all time list that exist.

Also, even though AOTC is an absolutely horrid film, the fact that it came out 20 years ago at least should give it some kind of nostalgic value, cause everyone remembers where they were 20 years ago. We can all sit back and go...."Oh yeah....I remember seeing it at midnight....and being shocked at how much it sucked....and walking back to my car at like 2AM in silent disbelief. Has it really been 20 years? Time flies."

Which is the most important anniversary of 2022?​

(Of course, feel free to share your "other" answers not listed here.)
Others worth celebrating...

1922- Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror- director F. W. Murnau - starring Max Schreck
6i3nhe.gif

1932- Scarface - director Howard Hawks - staring Paul Muni
6i3mc7.gif

1942- Casablanca- director Michael Curtiz- starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman,...
6i3l0o.gif

1952- High Noon- Fred Zinnemann- starring Gary Cooper, Grace Kelly, Katy Jurado
6i3qzs.gif

1962- Lawrence of Arabia- Director David Lean- Starring Peter O'Toole, Alec Guinness, Omar Sharif
6i3t6v.gif

Dr. No- director Terence Young- Starring Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, Joseph Wiseman,
6i3vnj.gif

Last edited:
Back