Most important anniversary of 2022?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the most important anniversary of 2022?

• The Godfather 50th

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Blade Runner 40th

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Star Trek II 40th

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • E.T. 40th

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • TRON 40th

• Batman Returns 30th

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Attack of the Clones 20th

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Spider-Man 20th

• The Avengers 10th

• The Dark Knight Rises 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
In the spirit of this poll, another totally subjective list.

And who'da thunk AOTC would warrant its own 20th anniversary logo?

279884218_10158590419897344_811181045478869760_n.jpg

Due to the 10-option limit I kept the anniversaries to multiples of 10 and avoided sequels except for SW, ST and Batman (my fave franchises - told you it was subjective!) Honourable mentions to First Blood (40th) and ASM (10th).

And I voted BR as it's long been my fave film ever.

(Of course, feel free to share your "other" answers not listed here.)

Damn 1982 delivered .

• Blade Runner 40th
  • Star Trek II 40th ....................KHAN!
  • E.T. 40th
  • TRON 40th
+
  • add ^ Conan
  • The Thing
  • First Blood
  • Poltergeist
  • 48hrs
  • Spikoli) Fast Times)
  • the King of Comedy
Blockbusters, cult, genre films and characters all still influencing movies today

Last edited:
Had to go with Godfather. It's the best film of the bunch and 50th is the most significant anniversary. It's sad to think few people will likely care when it hits 100.

“Important” really doesn’t apply to any of them cinema is a diversion that can have immense cultural impact but it is not important like oxygen and food lol

My son not getting hurt coming home from school by some savage released on some criminal bail reform is important for me or me sticking around to raise him is important for me, a movie anniversary is not important.

I would’ve used most “relevant” anniversary or most “influential” anniversary.

Crappy AOTC obviously wins for a few logical reasons.

First full length feature film shot entirely on digital at a whopping 1080p lol so right there it altered cinema like SW has done before (MCU did introduce the world to post credits scene another game changer).

It’s also a 2nd chance at redemption for the movie and if AOTC can find redemption TLJ has nothing to worry about lol

Hayden is back that’s important for a bunch of PT kids who are now discovering girls as well.

It’s celebration week duh!

Conan the Barbarian is a bad ass masterpiece but it is a one and done lightning in a bottle situation that is to be loved but it’s significance is nowhere even close to SW.

Poor choice of word Prime 1 but I still love your determination for everything love of PT lol

Last edited:
Godfather and Blade Runner are cinematic classics. AOTC is a critical (RT 65%) and audience (IMDb 6.6) disappointment and is only on the list because it is Star Wars.

At the box office AOTC only made $650m compared to Spider-Man's $825m in the same year.

Watching AOTC right now and holy crap is the dialogue so on the nose and abysmal lol

“I guess I was wrong there was no danger at all.” and before he can finish the last syllable…

BOOM lol

Then Mace:

“You know my lady count Dooku was once a Jedi he couldn’t assassinate anyone it’s not in his character”

Great….just his character or does that also apply to other Jedi as well!

:slap

AOTC Anakin reminds me of my son :horror

Last edited:
Watching AOTC right now and holy crap is the dialogue so on the nose and abysmal lol

“I guess I was wrong there was no danger at all.” and before he can finish the last syllable…

BOOM lol

Then Mace:

“You know my lady count Dooku was once a Jedi he couldn’t assassinate anyone it’s not in his character”

So your son doesn't like sand and likes older women?

BOOM lol

Then Mace:

“George, you can type this !%#, but you sure can't say it! Move your mouth when you're typing!”

Aotc was a bad movie with good ideas and set ups. It was basically a set up movie for what was to come. Rots on the other hand felt more like a solid story. Didn’t set up anything until the end.

Back