Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was good indeed. Just FAR FAR from amazing. Plus there was a herme involved. :monkey4

moron.jpg

I call them like I see them. It was a good movie. It just wasn't as great as people said it was.

Does anyone know if The Wizard of Oz on Bluray is widescreen? On BestBuys site it lists it as full screen yet the regular dvd is widescreen. :dunno

Are you kidding me?

Do some reading about Blu-ray, HD, and formatting buddy. :rotfl

I call them like I see them. It was a good movie. It just wasn't as great as people said it was.

Does anyone know if The Wizard of Oz on Bluray is widescreen? On BestBuys site it lists it as full screen yet the regular dvd is widescreen. :dunno

Fullscreen should be the only way Wizard of Oz comes in, since widescreen movies weren't made until the 1950's. So the Blu-ray is the correct ratio since it is fullscreen.
Here's some sites I just found about any widescreen versions of Wizard of Oz.

https://www.widescreen.org/widescreen_academy.shtml
https://thewizardofoz.info/faq13.html

"Where can I see a widescreen version of The Movie?

You can't. Like most movies of it's time (including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and numerous others), The Wizard of Oz was made with a 4:3 screen ratio — nearly square, and very similar in shape to an older television screen. It wasn't until the 1950s that widescreen movie formats were introduced. So if you should ever see any sort of widescreen presentation of The Wizard of Oz, odds are the top and bottom of the picture are being cut off! "

Age has nothing to do with anything. Film reel is a larger format that anything we have at home pickle dicky.

I know that rosey nipples. My problem was conflicting information on both amazon and retailers websites. So I just wanted to check with the people that own it and made sure I got the best format.

Picking up Monsters Vs. Aliens Blu in 2 days for $19.99 along with the 3 Disc Wolverine Blu at my Walmart. Sale starts on October 4th unfortunately.

It also means that my Wolverine Blu is going back to BJ's....

Picked up The Dark Crystal and Gremlins on Tuesday. I'll be returning Gremlins tomorrow though, after reading the negative reviews on the PQ. I'll pick it up again when I can get it for around $12.

I'm off to watch The Dark Crystal right now. :banana

Terminator (Japanese Ultimate Edition)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Extreme DVD (Metal Case)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Ultimate Edition (Tin Case W/32-Page Booklet)

I now have 5 different editions of T2, and certainly not the last. Many more to come.
What can I say, I'm a sucker for special editions.

Terminator (Japanese Ultimate Edition) Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Extreme DVD (Metal Case) Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Ultimate Edition (Tin Case W/32-Page Booklet) I now have 5 different editions of T2, and certainly not the last. Many more to come. What can I say, I'm a sucker for special editions.
NICE! :rock :rock

Back