Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a sure thing that Best Buy will be releasing Star Wars Steelbooks?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post reopening BB has cut their dvd section into an even smaller section.

There is no physical media guarantees at all.

A WB executive supposedly said that if they are to continue producing physical media that they are considering adding a small rental usage fee every time you play the disc or at a discounted rate if you buy a bulk viewing package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War of the Worlds (1953) - What a great fricking restoration. The picture is outstanding and the soundtrack got a new 5.1 mix. I usually dont like remix from mono (JAWS, Terminator) but Ben Burtt (Star Wars) did the mix here and its true to the source. The battle scenes really draw you in now.

Probably my fav Criterion release.

War of the Worlds (1953) - What a great fricking restoration. The picture is outstanding and the soundtrack got a new 5.1 mix. I usually dont like remix from mono (JAWS, Terminator) but Ben Burtt (Star Wars) did the mix here and its true to the source. The battle scenes really draw you in now.

Probably my fav Criterion release.

That just convinced me to finally buy it lol

That just convinced me to finally buy it lol

It really is fantastic.. I have not watched the films in years because I had the 2005 SE DVD and the picture was so bright that you could see the piano wires holding up the ship in every scene. When I first watched this I thought they digitally removed them.. But its just because they got the look of the film right.. The first battle is supposed to be at night and it looks great. The DVD looked like middle of the day.

The colors pop.. It really is a great disc.

I got it for my dad for his birthday. Its his all time fav movie and I kid you not.. he has watched it twice already and is going to watch it again with his grandkids tomorrow.. He's only had it for three days :lol

He says its like watching it for the first time. He watched the hell out of that DVD so I am sure it does look like a new movie. He loves the surround effects also.

Is it a sure thing that Best Buy will be releasing Star Wars Steelbooks?

Best buy is still cranking out 4k steelbooks like crazy we got goonies, beatlejuice, psyhco (hitchcock), goodfellas, mad max, home alone, wonder woman (titans of cult version), game of throwns complete series 4k steelbook set, hocus pocus 4k steel all comming soon and just got jaws 4k steel. Plus many more that i dont feel like listing. Check out bluray.com forum for more info on best buy steels. Their exclusive saga set was sold out last i check i believe we will get steelbooks of these movies. Hell disney has practically released all thier new animated/pixar and all marvel in 4k steel via best buy no way they wont double dip with star wars. Disney is starting to do the catalog titles in steel now otherwise we wouldnt be getting hocus pocus or home alone. The bigger question is will the covers be rhe same as zaavi’s exclusive steelbooks when they do eventually release them. Bestbuy and zaavi tend to get the same steels for major movies like this

Post reopening BB has cut their dvd section into an even smaller section.

There is no physical media guarantees at all.

A WB executive supposedly said that if they are to continue producing physical media that they are considering adding a small rental usage fee every time you play the disc or at a discounted rate if you buy a bulk viewing package.

That WB exec should really kick the drugs. Maybe they should stop producing garbage like BVS and Justice League in the interest of making a profit.

I ventured into my local Best Buy last week, while the section is small compared to years ago, it was still the same size as before the virus. Maybe my local BB is the exception?

look my feet

gettyimages-1170225520-h_2019.jpg

That WB exec should really kick the drugs. Maybe they should stop producing garbage like BVS and Justice League in the interest of making a profit.

I ventured into my local Best Buy last week, while the section is small compared to years ago, it was still the same size as before the virus. Maybe my local BB is the exception?

Went just yesterday to replace a subwoofer that croaked. DVD area was the same size albeit pretty pilfered.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

John Carpenter just confirmed that he and Universal are rebooting The Thing with the found pages from the original book.

He was asked why and he said it’s his favorite movie and redemption.

Back