Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that Alien 4K is a sight to behold. Beautiful. My latest pickups in the last 2 weeks (been going nuts);

Alien 4K
Captain America: WS 4K
Captain America: CW 4K
Glass 4K
Mary Poppins Returns 4K
Karate Kid 4K
The VVitch 4K
Nocturnal Animals
Unbreakable
Paradise Alley
Bend of the River
The House of the Seven Gables
The Strange Door
Cold Sweat
Rider on the Rain

I picked up the Walmart exclusive 3 pack with Unbreakable and split and glass. Overall I liked all 3 movies but disappointed with some of the events in Glass.

Yeah, that Alien 4K is a sight to behold. Beautiful. My latest pickups in the last 2 weeks (been going nuts);

Alien 4K
Captain America: WS 4K
Captain America: CW 4K
Glass 4K
Mary Poppins Returns 4K
Karate Kid 4K
The VVitch 4K
Nocturnal Animals
Unbreakable
Paradise Alley
Bend of the River
The House of the Seven Gables
The Strange Door
Cold Sweat
Rider on the Rain
Goodbye $300!

It's hard when so much you want comes out all at once.

I know a Unbreakable 4K must be in the works, from now on I'm only buying non 4K if it's 3D.

I was so tempted by those Captain America 4K's, but the realist in me knows I'm probably going to choose to watch 3D almost every time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Goodbye $300!

It's hard when so much you want comes out all at once.

I know a Unbreakable 4K must be in the works, from now on I'm only buying non 4K if it's 3D.

I was so tempted by those Captain America 4K's, but the realist in me knows I'm probably going to choose to watch 3D almost every time.

I am lucky enough to have both versions so I can choose. Not sure if Unbreakable will ever get a 4K but one can hope. I'm picky as to what I buy on BD as opposed to 4K now, but it's so hit and miss as to what they release.

I am lucky enough to have both versions so I can choose. Not sure if Unbreakable will ever get a 4K but one can hope. I'm picky as to what I buy on BD as opposed to 4K now, but it's so hit and miss as to what they release.
You're right, a lot of 4K's are glorified 1080p.

If anybody in the US is interested, I have a link, but I can only send it via email, that will give you a $20 rebate on most purchases in bestbuy.com made before May 5th.

You must make a minimum $20 purchase

From what I understand, the rebate can take up to a week, and is paid in the form of a gift card or through PayPal.

Message me with your email if you want it.

I just used it myself, so we'll see how long the rebate takes.

Edit - if for some reason this isn't allowed, feel free to delete it

You're right, a lot of 4K's are glorified 1080p.

That's not what I meant. I meant that they are hit and miss as to what they release. Some old titles come out of the blue and they also release sequels but not the first part, etc...as far as being equal to the 1080p version, I haven't come across a lot of those. Usually a good step up.

That's not what I meant. I meant that they are hit and miss as to what they release. Some old titles come out of the blue and they also release sequels but not the first part, etc...as far as being equal to the 1080p version, I haven't come across a lot of those. Usually a good step up.
Misunderstood you. If you want to see 1080p on 4k, check out wonder woman, for one.

Finally got my favorite of the MCU in 4k -

56A53B44-B583-4F49-BBDA-284F35234C91.jpeg

Been replacing all the earlier Marvel films on 4K (still can’t believe we haven’t gotten any of the IM movies or Guardians 1 in 4K).
Also POd Alien (4K) and Hellboy II (4K — where the hell is Hellboy I in 4K?!)
And recently acquired all four seasons of Black Sails on Blu-Ray.

Happened to walk into Big Lots yesterday, didn't even want to go, was quite surprised at what I found...

I know none of those 3D movies are very good, and I've never seen Immortals, which i assume will be terrible, but figured the price was worthwhile to see them in 3D.

As for the Quad box, already have the first Alien in Blu and 4K, so really I just got it for Aliens, seemed too good a deal to pass up
650de1ad97a383bce4fac19f19009ce4.jpg

Disney club is getting 20,000 leagues under the sea in july I think as an exclusive. I hope that leads to more exclusives like Black Hole. Only coming out on Blu ray though no 4K.

Back