XM Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sith Anakin's robe is wayyy too dark, Vader is just weird, Little Ani is awesome! But Im waiting for XM Maul :monkey3

The fact that you have to buy all 3 is already a bad thing.. cause Anakin and Anakin boy look bad.. THen the gap of the dome to the helmet is huge.. something just not right about that helmet on vader neither..

In addition to sitting too high on the mask, the helmet skirt (the part that flares out under the dome) is too long. Lens are huge too.

It's too bad really. The pose is an awesome museum style.

XM Studios News

"Update

For Vader's Helmet which some have feedback the gap between the helmet and eyes are too far apart, we have looked into it and will be making sure the factory production will fix this error. Thank you for pointing our flaws to us!"

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

The also forgot to remove those 2 unnecessary accessories coming with this Darth Vader statue: the garden gnome and the angry monk.

XM Studios News

"Update

For Vader's Helmet which some have feedback the gap between the helmet and eyes are too far apart, we have looked into it and will be making sure the factory production will fix this error. Thank you for pointing our flaws to us!"

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

This is one of the factors that sets XM apart from other companies in this industry... they will actually listen to their customers if it results in a satisfactory product, within reason of course.

While I don't think this set is great, even the Vader the more I look at it. I like to see this attitude from producers, I wish more of them took on board feedback and acted on it when necessary.

I don't understand how they lack the eye for these things. Do they really not watch star wars or read the comics they make statues of? How many times do they fully sculpt something only to have to take it back since it was wrong either because of the comic accuracy or just bad anatomy?

But it's not a factory error tho :lol

Nope. The error is fixed before the product is shipped and ends up in the customers' hands. Less returns. Less negative feedback.

Case in point:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/166541-predator-1-maquette-sideshow.html

:lecture That right there is failure just waiting to happen. If Sideshow doesn't address all the issues that have been pointed out to them by the customers/fans, it will be this all over again:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/172859-wolf-predator-legendary-scale-bust.html

Now, that's funny! I'll bet Sideshow isn't laughing though. :monkey3

If they do get Vader's Helmet right this will be a pretty nice setup.. The Edition Size is 250... But you know the shipping costs to the US will be insane... Don't feel like paying $600+ on shipping...

If you guys want an epic Vader without the two unwanted barnacles, go pick up the IS Vader... killer piece

Back