XM Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys want an epic Vader without the two unwanted barnacles, go pick up the IS Vader... killer piece

giphy.gif

^^^ Guys be careful, the XM fanboys will rain fire and brimstone on you if you keep this up LMFAO!!!

^^^ Guys be careful, the XM fanboys will rain fire and brimstone on you if you keep this up LMFAO!!!

As a self confessed XM fanboy who has ordered 3 of 4 XM SW statues i disagree. This Vader is disappointing.

I'm a fairly big fan of XM and I'm the first to admit their Vader was a bit disappointing, that said I'm also a big fan of Iron Studios so I already have their Vader on the way.... Also ordered XM Luke and XM Darth Maul, both must haves IMO.... From SS I have Rey & BB-8 on pre-order and I'm on the fence about Jyn, mostly because of the mix media... I'm not a huge fan of that outfit but I doubt anyone else will do a Jyn 1/4 statue in the future...

IMO this looks like a Huge step back for XM.

It reminds me of their earlier pieces with the less then stellar face sculpts.

I actually love the pose for Vader as it is IMO his most iconic.. But that mask is just all sorts of wrong.

The sculpted cape looks no better then Kotobukiya plastic but perhaps in person it looks better.

Personally I think the offering of three statues is a giant misstep also since most people just want the Vader... Basically you are forcing them to buy two other statues they will have no interest in... I assume the price is jacked up due to this..

For me I'm used to XM more action style poses, this 3 piece Vader set looks more like something SS would put out with the museum poses. I would of preferred if they would of gone with the Stormtrooper set instead of this Vader set.

The sculpt and detail on that thing is APPALLING!

Are they serious???

The "tusks" seem to stick out to far, also XM has them going back in a straight line but in movie pictures there angled outwards. I think that's why his helmet looks so skinny is because of that. I'm not sure where they got their reference material but it seems way off from the movie pictures.

Last edited:
So it’s a prequel trilogy with ROTS Vader. That’s, uh, unexpected.

Maul is still the only one of these that’s any good, in my view.

I thought both Luke and Boba Fett turned out great.... XM's Luke portrait is the best I've seen of any Luke statue so far.... In hand I have no complaints about Boba Fett, in fact I got rid of my Boba Fett PF because I liked XM's better.

Back