Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Xbox 720 (Next gen Microsoft system) Discussion

Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

i remember when shropt sold me about 4 of his used xbox 360 games. this included assassins creed and lego star wars.

:monkey1

How will it deactivate the last users game if said user isn't connected to the net?
I was wondering this myself. Maybe that's where a requirement to have an internet connection comes in, to verify who you are every time you start up a game?

Maybe that's where the requirement to have an internet connection comes in, to verify who you are every time you start up a game.

That would make sense. For activation/deactivation, Intenet connection would be required

That would make sense. For activation/deactivation, Intenet connection would be required
If true, I guess one would need a reliable connection readily available every time they start a game, or maybe only once when they first play it, I wonder which one it is.

No backwards compatibility = FAIL. :mad:

WTH? I'm going to have to hold on to my PS3 and XBox 360 in order to play my older games. That blows.

If you think Microsoft is the driving force behind the Pre-Owned Fee idea you at dense. That is absolutely coming from the major publishers, who've ways hated the idea of used games sales at GameStop, etc. This is why they started charging for DLC and doing "Season Passes" and such. If this is for real and MS does it then you can bet Sony will, too. It would be a new industry standard, and already in line with the current trend. But by all means, automatically blame Microsoft. :lol

And I really doubt it'd mean multiple accts on the same system would have to pay the fee. It's obviously for Pre-Owned games that were originally registered on another owner's console. This is exactly what the software companies want... If one of their games is resold, they want a cut. And because they can't force retailers or private sellers to enforce this, they're going the digital licensing route.

This is plain as day, folks.

Actually I think Sony would do the exact opposite. Just like their Online is free. They will not go head to head with XBOX that's for sure.

Kinect pffft !
why are they pushing this thing on us.
forget this! It has to be always on. COME ON !!!

my friend had a new samsung smart tv with all the voice and hand mouvement commands.

It works terrible. he used it for the first day he bought it and never used it again.

we had the PS4 show now the xbox show.

where is my PC show ??
I dont understand the no love for pc.
for me it is the premier gaming machine in my house.
even after seeing the new xbox my 90 pound ultimate rig kills it.
even in looks my rig dominates !

Still watching IGN and they are doing an amazing after conf coverage.
I aree with all they are saying.
I can't find the video, is it just one their homepage? I keep getting conference videos of what already happened. :(

edit: nvm, think I found it. :)

Last edited:
Back