Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sony try's to pressure developers not to add the used license thing it could be bad for Sony. Developers will make more games Xbox exclusives since they know can get that fee. Sony would have to put up more $ than Microsoft to get exclusives since there is more money to be had with Mircosoft.

Just because a game sells 1.6 millions copies it doesn't mean they have a huge profit. You have no idea how much the development cost was. Ever watched the credits of some of these games and the 1000s of people who worked on a game, that's not cheap.

still a lot of money regardless. I don't care what you factor in to it. The gaming industry is not a poor industry, it is wealthy and generates a lot of income. Your telling me pre owned sales majorly effects their income, enough for them to try and stop it?....i somehow doubt that. It takes away from them sure i am not denying that but it isn't crippling them.

Last edited:
People defending the mandatory installation feature on facebook.

1274465753023.gif

Was a bit of a turd to me. Have had xbox for the last two generations but after this and how live has turned into an advertising stream. I think it will be Ps4 for me.

It wasn't terrible, but it's annoying they wasted so much time on things like NFL or the EA sports stuff where they didn't actually show anything. It was likely they wouldn't show much actual game stuff but it's still disappointing they didn't show more that people were actually looking forwards to.

COD is a given so that wasn't really special. Forza is fine, but racing games aren't a big deal either. The only other thing they showed was a teaser trailer for something that we can't get excited about because we have no idea what it is.

With e3 only being weeks away, which is a vg based expo, I can see why this press conference was mostly tech and catering to the general audience stuff.

I really hope they do add in a BR drive.

yeaa ! was hoping for that name.

I liked 720 best."Xbox1... Oh, you talking about the first system?"

Last edited:
People defending the mandatory installation feature on facebook.

1274465753023.gif

You don't already do the install on all of your Xbox games? They make the games run better.

If Sony try's to pressure developers not to add the used license thing it could be bad for Sony. Developers will make more games Xbox exclusives since they know can get that fee. Sony would have to put up more $ than Microsoft to get exclusives since there is more money to be had with Mircosoft.

Yep! And the online requirement is also up to the developer, but I doubt they'll use it. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3 :rotfl

With e3 only being weeks away, which is a vg based expo, I can see why this press conference was mostly tech and catering to the general audience stuff.

I really hope they do add in a BR drive.

It has a Blu-ray drive.

You don't already do the install on all of your Xbox games? They make the games run better.
... and use up all your hard drive space. Its stupid, you shouldnt have to spend 30 minutes lamenting over which demos and games and saved data you need to remove from your console every time you get a new game because of forced installation **** adding to all of your HD space.

... and use up all your hard drive space. Its stupid, you shouldnt have to spend 30 minutes lamenting over which demos and games and saved data you need to remove from your console every time you get a new game because of forced installation **** adding to all of your HD space.

I only keep the 1 or 2 games I'm currently playing installed. 120gig is a lot of space.

I only keep the 1 or 2 games I'm currently playing installed. 120gig is a lot of space.
On paper it is. But giving this new console is a multi media all-in-one setup im pretty sure its its going to fill up rather fast. Even with only a few games at a time. If its another 7-10 years till the next generation all this forced installation is going to go down harder than a lead balloon. Unless an external hard drive or whatnot is planned for the future. Which is pretty much a given. Along with 1TB HD versions of the console

On paper it is. But giving this new console is a multi media all-in-one setup im pretty sure its its going to fill up rather fast. Even with only a few games at a time. If its another 7-10 years till the next generation all this forced installation is going to go down harder than a lead balloon. Unless an external hard drive or whatnot is planned for the future. Which is pretty much a given. Along with 1TB HD versions of the console

Point made. Guess that's why the word "cloud" was used so darn much.

I don't want to read anything yet cause I haven't seen the event but I was at work while it happened so is there a video of it yet?

Back