Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate how much devs dislike pre owned games. I mean yeah sure it does take a small amount of income away from them, but Jesus Christ are you not making enough money off the initial sale?. Aliens colonial marines sold 1.3 million units in just over a month. I don't care who you are thats still a crap ton of money for a crap game. Even pre owned sales can't hurt you that much when crap games sell that much. It all boils down to Greed.

No backwards compatibility = FAIL. :mad:

WTH? I'm going to have to hold on to my PS3 and XBox 360 in order to play my older games. That blows.
Yes it's not good, and by next year I'll have 3 generations of consoles next to each other, because I like to replay older games. And when my old PS2 dies and fat PS3 dies, I have to buy a new one, which won't be possible soon once stock dries up.

Last edited:
I hate how much devs dislike pre owned games. I mean yeah sure it does take a small amount of income away from them, but Jesus Christ are you not making enough money off the initial sale?. Aliens colonial marines sold 1.3 million units in just over a month. I don't care who you are thats still a crap ton of money for a crap game. Even pre owned sales can't hurt you that much when crap games sell that much. It all boils down to Greed.

:exactly: :exactly:

I'd rather lose backwards compatibility than get a next gen console that plays old games at the sacrifice of performance.

Besides, half of the "exclusive" games released for the PS3 over the last few years have been collections ported over of PS2 titles, so MS can always go that route if they feel the need is there.

It's not just screwing the aftermarket (which wouldn't exist if games were all good enough to be kept) but lending it to a friend, having a sibling play it on his/her account/console if out the window too

we had the PS4 show now the xbox show.

where is my PC show ??
I dont understand the no love for pc.
for me it is the premier gaming machine in my house.
even after seeing the new xbox my 90 pound ultimate rig kills it.
even in looks my rig dominates !
[/URL]

:lol

THE XBOX1 is a PC but generations older than yours. :

:goodpost::exactly:

And you know, one of the best ways to discover a new games is by borrowing them from a friend. One of the best ways a lot of people get new games is by trading in their old ones. The second hand market exist for everything else that we purchase... our homes, our vehicles and all other forms of goods. The second hand game market has been wrongly and unfairly demonized for far too long.

Somewhat ... when my friend owned a XBOX 360 he pirated the hell out of games. So maybe this is a precaution against guard against that?

Not to say that I'm for this, I'm against it altogether. Places like Gamestop are going to suffer. :lol

Pirating will never die no matter what they do. Its just one of those things. Look at movies, i pirate them i'll admit it who doesn't, but if i like the movie enough i will go out and buy it on blu ray for myself. Same goes with music. Its just one of those things.

Hell what about when you are strapped for cash one month and a game comes out?. I know what i did, i traded old games in to make up the money to get the new game. That will now suffer. Its just Greed on multiple levels taking over there's no two ways about it.

Pirating will never die no matter what they do. Its just one of those things. Look at movies, i pirate them i'll admit it who doesn't, but if i like the movie enough i will go out and buy it on blu ray for myself. Same goes with music. Its just one of those things.

Hell what about when you are strapped for cash one month and a game comes out?. I know what i did, i traded old games in to make up the money to get the new game. That will now suffer. Its just Greed on multiple levels taking over there's no two ways about it.

It's not only greed. It's just plain stupid.

Lack of backwards compatibility is somewhat of a blow.

I'm guessing there is a second part to the Xbox One--hinted at by the inclusion of both HDMI input and output--that we will probably see around E3.

I'm thinking there will be an add-on (some articles have code-named it "Stingray", and hovering around the $99 mark) that could either act as its own separate 360 console (with separate power source) or daisy chained to the Xbox One. Probably would have its own low-voltage power source, but if connected to the Xbox One powered by HDMI? Probably a self contained hard drive in case it isn't connected to the One, and would allow download of previous Xbox Live Arcade titles via Wifi connection. Not sure it would include a CD-drive, but possible since it would be standalone as well. If connected to a One system would be accessed through a channel menu system similar to Wii U's way of handling Wii titles. Probably would have monthly Live or whatever the new online system will be as a requirement for use.

Probably would be compatible with old and new controllers, but would come packaged with an Xbox One controller to urge people on the fence who might just get it as a standalone system or 360 replacement that if they buy it they can then add to the package and get a Xbox One and already have one of the new controllers.

Would make good business sense since they would capture the early adopters who have a large library of legacy 360 games and PO'ed about lack of backwards compatibility. Probably waiting to unveil to see what comes up next from Sony...

Would be a concession to the used games market for 360 games in the sense that 360 games would still be purchased by system adopters.

IDK. Could be dreaming, but if I was in Hardware Development would be a legit strategy I'd say.

:pray:

Just because a game sells 1.6 millions copies it doesn't mean they have a huge profit. You have no idea how much the development cost was. Ever watched the credits of some of these games and the 1000s of people who worked on a game, that's not cheap.

Back