Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Xbox 720 (Next gen Microsoft system) Discussion

The lack of backwards compatibility I could live with but the used games fiasco pisses me right off. Time will tell and we will get better clarification from MS hopefully.

I've stuck with xbox since the first fridge sized machine and halo 1. I want a console for games not all this extra gimmicky ****, I'll definitely be looking into the option of a PS4.

@GasparZizou: Yep that's how I've played games all my life, with my family. Sure is a long way from each family member just having their own save file! :lol I wonder if the next step is making each person on the same console pay for DLC for games separately.

The system is not "always online".

I don't see why people are upset that game developers want a chunk of the used game market. People should be happy they are even allowing a used game market.

There was an used game market already, you paid for an used game to someone and that someone would buy another game, new or used and the cycle repeated....

I don't see why people are upset that game developers want a chunk of the used game market. People should be happy they are even allowing a used game market.

Its the thought that if me and my son both have this system and we buy a game we have to pay more for both of us to play it.

First of all, why shouldn't there be a used games market? If I want to sell a thing I bought, why shouldn't I be allowed to? If I bought a game for 60-freakin' dollars, why shouldn't the other people in my family be allowed to play that game?

No, the XB1 doesn't require an Internet connection.
Your gamerscore will port over.

Last edited:

I have been with MS since the first XBOX but I'm not liking this approach to used games. I rather overwhelmed by the whole thing really. PS4 here I come.

nvm I just got the news. good no always online.
good move MS but the sharing games you have to pay a fee.
give me a break.

First of all, why shouldn't there be a used games market? If I want to sell a thing I bought, why shouldn't I be allowed to? If I bought a game for 60-freakin' dollars, why shouldn't the other people in my family be allowed to play that game?

Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

Well... the announcement was lame. Sony's was better.

Console itself is ugly, I like the controller and also like the voice commands, The camera sucks.

I'll probably get one later down the line, I hope the 8 new exclusive games are good but it makes you wonder how many of them are for Kinect. :/

Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

Oh bull****. I paid for it. It's mine. If I want to lend it to somebody, I should be able to.

Oh bull****. I paid for it. It's mine. If I want to lend it to somebody, I should be able to.

And that's what the game industry and software companies have let the world believe too long. Read that long Terms of Service agreement and you'll see that you are incorrect. Problem is the companies have let the world believe that for so long and spoiled us.

No, the XB1 doesn't require an Internet connection.
Your gamerscore will port over.

Bloggers are saying that Gamer Scores will not port over...interesting. Also assuming that they'll use streaming games like PS4 and predicting that you'll put in the game disc for verification purposes only before streaming the game free to your system.

Nothing in today's presentation made me want to run out and buy it. It was kind of meh all the way around save the Halo Spielberg announcement but other than that it's not knocking my socks off.

Not to mention the thing is thick, screams a "slim" version in less than a year.

Back