X-Men vs Sentinel#1 Ex light-up feature: still working?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of adding this grail to my collection but I'm a bit concerned by the light-up feature.

People were already experiencing problems when this first came out and now it's been released for 6 years.

So for those who have it, how's yours holding up?

I had one when they first came out lights stopped working after a year Still a great sculpt nice statue.

mine is still strong and going, I use the light sparingly because I only turn it on when I have parties

I think they should make the led wiring within a thin tube for easy repairing job just like the house infrastructure and make the whole circuit demountable. Not doing so just make the whole statue like a time bomb, you pay higher price for the lightup feature knowing it won't last long enough it's just make no sense. For example why would I pay Sentinel 1 EX at ebay for 1500 if there's high probability that 2 years later it will become to a 500 reg. Even buying EX from SS what they didn't tell you is that the EX is just for temporary and sooner or later all the EX will become reg.

My Ironman comiquette has burned out 1 year and a half later. I'm pissed off.

So is it certain that down the road the light up feature will just stop working?

Man I'm really on the fence here. The exclusive is one of the coolest SSC has ever made but if it breaks it'll drive me crazy! :(

It's like everything else that works or has a life. Nothing is going to work forever and they are LED lights. These lights will last longer than you'll probably be collecting these statues. It's going to take up to 100,000+ of usage hrs. before these actually stop working.

It's like everything else that works or has a life. Nothing is going to work forever and they are LED lights. These lights will last longer than you'll probably be collecting these statues. It's going to take up to 100,000+ of usage hrs. before these actually stop working.

Yeah I know but the LEDs do not seem to be the problem here. Maybe it's how the electric system was poorly built I don't know.
Still, it looks like there were a lot of issues with this one; which has me worried and wonder if I shouldn't get the regular instead

This is true for any sideshow light up statue. Good expensive LED will last a very long time unfortunately we all know sideshow uses cheap china crap, any number of things could go wrong - led, circuit, wiring, switch etc.. I mean just look at the ultron pf, how cheaply it was made, many of them are DOA, some stuck on perm on or flicking lol.

And the way they are done with sideshow, none is replaceable, once it's bad you dead.

That's why I hate light up features in statues.

What do you rather have, a perfect statue or an ex statue with lights not working...

I have had intermittent problems with the lights in the Sentinel head. The problem on mine is the contact in the peg on Colossus's foot and the hole in the base. The metal contact spring needs to be tweaked every once in awhile to ensure proper contact. Sure it is a nuisance, but the statue is awesome otherwise. Like others have stated, LEDs last 1000s of hours - even ones made in China. :lol

I have had intermittent problems with the lights in the Sentinel head. The problem on mine is the contact in the peg on Colossus's foot and the hole in the base. The metal contact spring needs to be tweaked every once in awhile to ensure proper contact. Sure it is a nuisance, but the statue is awesome otherwise. Like others have stated, LEDs last 1000s of hours - even ones made in China. :lol

Yep, just had to tweak that contract spring this weekend myself.

This is true for any sideshow light up statue. Good expensive LED will last a very long time unfortunately we all know sideshow uses cheap china crap, any number of things could go wrong - led, circuit, wiring, switch etc.. I mean just look at the ultron pf, how cheaply it was made, many of them are DOA, some stuck on perm on or flicking lol.

And the way they are done with sideshow, none is replaceable, once it's bad you dead.

That's why I hate light up features in statues.

What do you rather have, a perfect statue or an ex statue with lights not working...

I hear you there brother. I would agree that SSC is making cheaper statues nowadays, but I would have to think that back when this diorama was made. It was during the time when SSC made a quality product & QC worked in harmony.

To bad we'll never see those times again...:(

Yep, just had to tweak that contract spring this weekend myself.

I've owned mine for the past three years and I've never had to do something like this. I have my diorama plugged into socket that when I turn on the room lights it comes on with those lights. It's fired up every time I turned on the lights in the room for three years with no problems.

I hear you there brother. I would agree that SSC is making cheaper statues nowadays, but I would have to think that back when this diorama was made. It was during the time when SSC made a quality product & QC worked in harmony.

To bad we'll never see those times again...:(
Not just that, we are paying half the retail price of whats the new releases are going for these days. Thats why, it sucks to be a newbie.

Last edited:
I've owned mine for the past three years and I've never had to do something like this. I have my diorama plugged into socket that when I turn on the room lights it comes on with those lights. It's fired up every time I turned on the lights in the room for three years with no problems.

You live within a reasonable distance, so what'll it take to get this X-Men dio #1 or your Doom PF off your hands? :devil

Back