X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, In my opinion, X2 is by far the best in the franchise, especially considering when it came out but I can't watch it as much as I watch FC.

Actually FC smoked TFA critically, DOFP did edge out Winter Soldier though.

But when you consider CW has Iron Man, Cap, and reboot Spiderman all in one movie, X-Men Apoc is going to have to be absolutely incredible to steal some of the spotlight from it.

I can honestly see this flopping at the box office, it comes out two weeks after CW and I believe in the same day as that new Alice in Wonderland movie.

Will flop really- CW will come close to it in 3rd weekend and Alice just may beat it or come close- however it may shock me and be huge on opening weekend.....

Naw:lol

Ram Man looks cool.

ram man.jpg

Yea, In my opinion, X2 is by far the best in the franchise, especially considering when it came out but I can't watch it as much as I watch FC.

Actually FC smoked TFA critically, DOFP did edge out Winter Soldier though.

But when you consider CW has Iron Man, Cap, and reboot Spiderman all in one movie, X-Men Apoc is going to have to be absolutely incredible to steal some of the spotlight from it.

I can honestly see this flopping at the box office, it comes out two weeks after CW and I believe in the same day as that new Alice in Wonderland movie.

Comes out three weeks after CIVIL WAR. CW will have blown most of its load at that point (like ASM2 with DOFP two years ago).

ALICE 2 is a whole different audience so it won't hurt it too much.

There is no way in hell this film flops. CW will make a lot more money though.

It's crazy but I'm almost sure this is going to flop. It has way too much competition.

Comes out three weeks after CIVIL WAR. CW will have blown most of its load at that point (like ASM2 with DOFP two years ago).

ALICE 2 is a whole different audience so it won't hurt it too much.

I think Civil War in its 3 week will still do pretty well, then you have the Alice in Wonderland sequel opening the same day and remember, the first movie made a significant amount more than any X-Men movie to date, then a week later you have TMNT 2 which should open pretty big, then the week after that you have the Conjuring 2 and WarCraft.

There's barely any hype for the movie, and of course reviews will play a major part in this being a horrible flop or a success. I personally think the reviews will have to be just as good as DOFP to not flop. If this movie is actually a financial success I'll be shocked.

If it's a good movie it'll do fine through word of mouth, plus the usual bump that superhero sequels get from a previously successful movie. If it's bad then say goodbye to Singer and his X babies and hello reboot crossover with the MCU.

Fox will never give up the rights. Even withthe bad films they're produced out of this series, they still make a lot of dough. I do hope Singer leaves, since he can't stop giving us ugly costumes.

Everytime I see a photo of a Singer boy hero I run to watch Conan the Barbarian just to forget. :lol
Exactly. Nothing ****-erotic about shirtless, oiled up body builder running around grappling with a bunch of other 'roided out dudes.

I thought DOFP was a bit of a snooze. I'm glad there are more blue people in this one.
You think you know a guy. . . *shakes head disappointingly*

https://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/images/made/X-Men-Poster_1200_1774_81_s.jpg

cool poster. Hate the idea of these types of posters, but this one isn't horrible.
Once again, they do a good job within the confines of the excessive Photoshopping requirement of all movie posters now.

One can only hope. :lol
"To hell with you!"

JGhehyy.jpg

If Fox continues to pay off critics like they did with FC and DOFP then Apocalypse should do fine...
I heard Disney is paying off critics on Fox's behalf. Because Fox is still useful as a bulwark against Disney. You don't fight a war on two fronts. Take one enemy down, and then turn on your former allies. In times of war, Disney can be a cruel mistress.

I heard Disney is paying off critics on Fox's behalf. Because Fox is still useful as a bulwark against Disney. You don't fight a war on two fronts. Take one enemy down, and then turn on your former allies. In times of war, Disney can be a cruel mistress.

The rules of engagement are at their most unpredictable. Instead of pumping more money into R-rated reshoots WB is instead using their last bit of profit to pay jye4ever to turn against TFA. Who will be bought next? :panic:

https://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/images/made/X-Men-Poster_1200_1774_81_s.jpg

cool poster. Hate the idea of these types of posters, but this one isn't horrible.

Best poster so far

"To hell with you!"

JGhehyy.jpg

:lol :goodpost:

If Fox continues to pay off critics like they did with FC and DOFP then Apocalypse should do fine...

If they were crap movies sure but they were quality and deserved the praise. If Apocalypse continues he quality this trilogy could surpass TDK as the best superhero trilogy

But when you consider CW has Iron Man, Cap, and reboot Spiderman all in one movie, X-Men Apoc is going to have to be absolutely incredible to steal some of the spotlight from it..

CW will have he spotlight and hype to be sure but quality-wise his has the edge IMO. Russos were great with TWS but that's just one movie while Singers had a consistent high-quality track record overall

Last edited:
Back