X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty stoked personally. I'd honestly rather this come out before civil war because it just looks more interesting. I started a mini marvel marathon and kind of just want to pass on them and skip straight to the xmen. I think this will be the underdog that gets good reviews and civil war will be an overrated money machine. I know everyone hates ign but they gave civil war a 7/10, and I have a feeling they were being honest.

yeah but the specific key pros and cons they make about civil war make me think its definitely going to be overrated. Where as you know what, the general pros and cons don't translate to my personal taste.

And the cgi is definitely noticeable in this but for me personally I'd rather have the characters be practical and real with cgi back drops. As opposed to characters being full cgi, for instance Hulk vs Iron man. I could fast forward that whole scene and not feel like I'm missing anything real.

And the cgi is definitely noticeable in this but for me personally I'd rather have the characters be practical and real with cgi back drops. As opposed to characters being full cgi, for instance Hulk vs Iron man. I could fast forward that whole scene and not feel like I'm missing anything real.

That's basically you saying "I just never want the Hulk and Iron Man to fight" then. Because that's an instance where CGI is mandatory. Same with the Sydney opera house flying into the sky. CGI has it's place but it will always be trumped by reality *when reality is an option.*

Ok fine have it your way. :lol

image.jpeg

That's basically you saying "I just never want the Hulk and Iron Man to fight" then. Because that's an instance where CGI is mandatory. Same with the Sydney opera house flying into the sky. CGI has it's place but it will always be trumped by reality *when reality is an option.*

idk, depends on the style of the movie really for me. MCU has always been in a really realistic and quite frankly boring world. Then to switch from something like that to a full cgi beat em up just makes me lose interest. But then watching the first iron man, they pull it off well because the movie is very far from action focused. I just rewatched winter soldier and I'm hoping for something like that. The action is fast and violent and mostly practical, up until the ridiculous ending and one scene where he jumps on top of a jet and he looks like a ps3 videogame. I still think x-men does it better. It's based in a sort of x-files type world sci-fi world.

idk, depends on the style of the movie really for me. MCU has always been in a really realistic and quite frankly boring world. Then to switch from something like that to a full cgi beat em up just makes me lose interest. But then watching the first iron man, they pull it off well because the movie is very far from action focused. I just rewatched winter soldier and I'm hoping for something like that. The action is fast and violent and mostly practical, up until the ridiculous ending and one scene where he jumps on top of a jet and he looks like a ps3 videogame. I still think x-men does it better. It's based in a sort of x-files type world sci-fi world.

The CG helicarriers were poor but at least we had that awesome moment of Anthony Mackie doing his own stunt where he jumped out of the real building that was collapsing perfectly in sync with the expert stunt pilot flying the real helicopter perpendicular to the ground. To this day I'm still amazed that that was all done for real.

I can only assume that it was the same stunt crew that orchestrated Tom Cruise being thrown to safety by an exploding helicopter *that he was riding* in the first Mission Impossible.

The CG helicarriers were poor but at least we had that awesome moment of Anthony Mackie doing his own stunt where he jumped out of the real building that was collapsing perfectly in sync with the expert stunt pilot flying the real helicopter. To this day I'm still amazed that that was all done for real.

yeah I'm always impressed with most of the stuff in the movie Especially falcon. but the building collapsing with falcon inside was pretty bad and all the helicarrier stuff was just annoying :lol And then I go back to x 1 and watching that guy turn into water impresses me compared to the hulk v iron man fight. Hell everything in x2 impresses me because they do so well with mixing the cgi and practical effects.

That scene you described is the only scene I would change/eliminate from that movie.

Yeah it was a bit of a jarring "True Lies" moment in an otherwise serious sci-fi/action flick.

1. Remove Falcon jump

2. Add a few more blood squibs

3. Have Cap wear his actual First Avenger costume at the end (which was a little cooler looking than the revamped "Golden Age" Smithsonian costume)

Do those three things and I don't know that I'd be able to otherwise find a single fault worth mentioning in the entire film.

Yeah it was a bit of a jarring "True Lies" moment in an otherwise serious sci-fi/action flick.

1. Remove Falcon jump

2. Add a few more blood squibs

3. Have Cap wear his actual First Avenger costume at the end (which was a little cooler looking than the revamped "Golden Age" Smithsonian costume)

Do those three things and I don't know that I'd be able to otherwise find a single fault worth mentioning in the entire film.

really? the ridiculous back and forth between black window and Robert redford, I find to be pretty bad. First she has the upper hand and acts all cool, then he has the upper hand and acts all evil, then it switches back again. All in the matter of minutes. Se conveniently gets rid of the bomb thing that's on her nametag, seems like they didn't know how to write the whole scene.

Back