Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CM Predator is a wonderful statue. It's CM's flagship piece.

But the NECA 7" nailed the 1987 Predator perfectly. From the mandibles to the dome, everything is as perfect as it can get. My biggest problems with the CM piece is the Predator 2 dome, the over-stretched mandibles (the resembled something from AVP) the eyes. IMO the CM's body, pose and armor are flawless.

If NECA made an 18"/22" Predator with an accurate removable bio mask, i would purchase that piece over the CM all day long. I don't care if it's made of polystone, vinyl or plastic, all I care about is what it look like on my shelf...and the NECA's likeness is off the charts.

When I look at the 1:1 SWS Bust i see the 1987 Predator, when i look at the NECA figure I see the 1987 Predator. I do not see the 1987 Predator when i look at the CM Pred statue.

70$

Pred1.jpg

1500$

cinemaquette-predator-statue-and-steve-wang.jpg

and the best thing is the 70$ Predator have a better likeness, he looks like in the film and you save 1430$ . :clap
:exactly::goodpost:

Last edited:
I would if it looks exactly like the proto, but I doubt they could do that for what they're asking.

Neca has a very poor history when it comes to paint and quality control.

I'm sick of them showing one thing and then getting something that isn't half as good as the proto. :slap

Hey, didn't I tell you guys the other day to harass them about this on Twitter?

19" P1, I'll buy it for sure

And, is there possibility for them to make all preds they have license into 12" line. This could turn many people, including me, who are interest in those rare and (especially) expensive preds on eBay to buy their preds instead. I want 12" wolf, P2 and elder by Neca.

The face and wrist blades look kind of weird and wrong, and the plasma caster and mount look oversized or something.

The face and wrist blades look kind of weird and wrong, and the plasma caster and mount look oversized or something.
you mean the NECA figure? actually, that's all the stuff NECA got right and just about every other P1 collectible got wrong. maybe that's just what you're used to seeing.

I'm not into the 18" scale figures, but I dearly love my 22" NECA alien, so I'd love to get the P1 pred in that scale to make the alien company.
But that's about it, I've no space for those big figures.

I still have faith that NECA will re-release the alien in 1/6 scale in some kind of "special edition" or "collector's edition"...

19" P1, I'll buy it for sure

And, is there possibility for them to make all preds they have license into 12" line. This could turn many people, including me, who are interest in those rare and (especially) expensive preds on eBay to buy their preds instead. I want 12" wolf, P2 and elder by Neca.

if yall really want them to make the 19" Pred, then let neca know on their twitter!

why don't they have a Facebook page like every other figure manufacturer? same reason they don't make 12" preds/aliens i guess. they're rebels!

If they can reproduce that gorgeous prototype in either 12 or 18 inch form I would have to buy it. On a side note, at that scale and price point I would hope it comes with all three heads. If the price point needed to be adjusted to accomodate that fine.

you mean the NECA figure? actually, that's all the stuff NECA got right and just about every other P1 collectible got wrong. maybe that's just what you're used to seeing.

Yeah, the NECA. I've never seen an image of the shoulder mount looking so big and chunky. Maybe it's the eyes and paint that are throwing the sculpt off for me, bad image maybe.

I don't like the look of the loin cloth; it's painted on? :monkey4

Pred1.jpg

Yeah, the NECA. I've never seen an image of the shoulder mount looking so big and chunky.

Yes, it really was that big.

So PLEASE, for the love of God, don't start whining about that as well.

behind06.jpg

sw006.jpg

Hell YEAH. As long as the paint is good though. I know the sculpt would be great, but the paint has mostly always been Neca's weak point.

Don't care about real netting, sculpted or painted netting, or the loin cloth, or whatever, just make the paint look good.

Yes, it really was that big.

So PLEASE, for the love of God, don't start whining about that as well.

behind06.jpg

sw006.jpg

Whining? The plasma caster and wrist blades only have a vague resemblance to the images you posted.

That's not the only differences.

I'm hoping the final product is greatly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back