Worst Star Wars Dialogue of All Time (By Popular Demand)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That line is a perfect example of how badly the Clone wars handled Yoda?s odd speech.

I do not know how they come up with it, but it?s so much worse than anything in OT....

It?s like they made him a backward talking moron.....did did not speak backwardeeze all this time in OT, but since then, every single line he speaks is backward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's the worst in TCW series.. I hate how they have him talk in that show. Very Backwards with tons of pauses all the time..

"The dark side.... Of the Force... He is strong... In."

Yuck.

The delivery was awful. Crap acting. I assume taking that into account is why some of these lines are being chosen....

Ok so its the delivery.. I can get behind that.

Though I think his "He told me enough.. he told me you killed him"

The rest is a bit over the top.. But I am use to since I grew up with it :)

The fact that no one mocked Hamill's delivery during the "I am your father" sequence until decades later shows that his delivery was just fine.

The same cannot be said for a good portion of the PT line readings.

That's great that Hayden tried to speak in a way that would be reminiscent of JEJ's speech.

If only George had the same approach when *writing* the character.

George: "Let's see, what's something that young ESB Vader would say. I know, 'I'd be much too frightened to tease a senator.'"

:duh :slap

It shows that there was no Internet. :lol

Oh but there was Usenet in the early 90's Gandalf. I was there. I was there 3,000 years ago. And people didn't mock Luke's dialogue in ESB. That only really started after the abomination that was PT dialogue rose and apologists *then* started their little claims of "oh but SW writing and acting has always been bad."

That's great that Hayden tried to speak in a way that would be reminiscent of JEJ's speech.

If only George had the same approach when *writing* the character.

George: "Let's see, what's something that young ESB Vader would say. I know, 'I'd be much too frightened to tease a senator.'"

:duh :slap

George wanted Anakin and Vader to be totally different characters/identities. He succeeded spectacularly.

Makes the transformation all the more chilling (or unbelievable, depending on your POV).

Oh but there was Usenet in the early 90's Gandalf. I was there. I was there 3,000 years ago. And people didn't mock Luke's dialogue in ESB. That only really started after the abomination that was PT dialogue rose and apologists *then* started their little claims of "oh but SW writing and acting has always been bad."

I missed all of that, having not returned to discussing Star Wars with a bunch of strange nerds on the computer until around 2011 (although I was on Usenet in the '90s, just not for that). Very well then.

I missed all of that, having not returned to discussing Star Wars with a bunch of strange nerds on the computer until around 2011 (although I was on Usenet in the '90s, just not for that). Very well then.

Back in the early 90's ROTJ was the online whipping boy for its uninspired rehash of so much of what we'd already seen and it's wooden acting, cringy dialogue, half-assed matte painting backgrounds, and blatant selling out to the toy aisles. Boy did that change once the SE's and TPM were released though, lol.

Going from lightsaber to laser sword is the perfect metaphor for OT vs PT.

When George conceived of his masterpiece, he created this device and called it a lightsaber. Any idiot would immediately name the device a laser sword. But George didn't stop there. He wanted something better, more original. Lightsaber. Much more elegant... like the weapon, as Ben pointed out. An elegant weapon. You would never say laser sword in 1977 or the many years after... until Little Ani burped up that name. Everyone in the audience who had been following Star Wars up to that point immediately knew he was wrong; stupid kid.

Back in the early 90's ROTJ was the online whipping boy for its uninspired rehash of so much of what we'd already seen and it's wooden acting, cringy dialogue, half-assed matte painting backgrounds, and blatant selling out to the toy aisles. Boy did that change once the SE's and TPM were released though, lol.

See I find that funny.

My original perception of ROTJ was that it was a concluding chapter; I didn?t much like Ewoks, and the space battle and speeder bikes kicked ass.

I never thought about it hard enough to worry about DSII being a re-hash, didn?t really focus on the acting or dialogue that much, and certainly didn?t give the matte paintings or toy aisles a second thought.

Before this was a picked-over chapter of the Sacred OT, it was just a movie from my childhood from a trilogy of films my nerdier friends and I liked to quote at each other.

That?s it.

Prior to late 2011 I didn?t even know the difference between the various stormtrooper armours, Vader costumes or Boba Fetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5k5t3k.gif

:sick:
69urxs.gif

Back