Worst Star Wars Dialogue of All Time (By Popular Demand)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZE_501

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here we go. We all love Star Wars but there are awkward lines and downright terrible dialogue scattered throughout even our favourite films.

Same rules as the Top 10 Scenes thread:

• Source from all films and series, live-action or animated.
  • Action set-pieces, character exchanges, dogfights, lightsaber duels, whatever...but only 10 with 1 honourable mention.
  • For this thread let's keep discussion of PT, OT, ST and/or the merits and deficits thereof out of it. That's in every 2nd Star Wars-related thread on this board (I'm guilty of it too) so let's leave those debates somewhere else.
  • Don't think about it too long. Let the Force guide you.

I'm working on something so I can't post mine yet, but I'll be back.

:lol and here it is. Just from before:

Let's spin, that's a good trick.

I hate sand.

Good one, Dad.

No... No... NOOOOOOOOOO!

We’re going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love

No you listen! We live in a real world, come back to it. You're studying to become a Jedi, I'm... I'm a senator. If you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, it will take us to a place we cannot go.

No you listen! We live in a real world, come back to it. You're studying to become a Jedi, I'm... I'm a senator. If you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, it will take us to a place we cannot go.

I don't know what I find more disconcerting - that that is actual dialogue from a Star Wars movie, or that you know it. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Why yes am, little Clown. Why don't you hop in my ice cream shuttle and I'll take you to our palace there. :wink1:

Yassss!
BpKbmCa.jpg

I don't know what I find more disconcerting - that that is actual dialogue from a Star Wars movie, or that you know it. :lol

:lol I knew the gist but I admit I had to look it up. Who the hell talks like that? Frickin' Lucas, master of the obvious sometimes. The other one that gets me is: But from my point of view the Jedi are evil..... again, who adds that first part for clarity during an argument?

"I love you."
"I know."

For you, that's bad dialogue?

And so...chronological order more or less:

1. "I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" - Anakin,TPM
2. "Ex-squeeze me - " Jar Jar, TPM
3. "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." - Anakin, AOTC
4. "I'd rather dream about Padme. Just being around her is ... intoxicating." - Anakin, AOTC
5. "My powers have doubled since we last met, Count." - Anakin, ROTS
6. "You underestimate my power!" - Anakin, ROTS
7. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!" - Padme, ROTS
8. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" - Anakin, ROTS
9. "I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of." - Anakin, ROTS
10."That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love."

Honourable mention: "Hi, I'm holding for General Hux - ?" - Poe Dameron, TLJ

And so...chronological order more or less:

1. "I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" - Anakin,TPM
2. "Ex-squeeze me - " Jar Jar, TPM
3. "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." - Anakin, AOTC
4. "I'd rather dream about Padme. Just being around her is ... intoxicating." - Anakin, AOTC
5. "My powers have doubled since we last met, Count." - Anakin, ROTS
6. "You underestimate my power!" - Anakin, ROTS
7. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!" - Padme, ROTS
8. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" - Anakin, ROTS
9. "I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of." - Anakin, ROTS
10."That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love."

Honourable mention: "Hi, I'm holding for General Hux - ?" - Poe Dameron, TLJ

Yep.

And: No.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! - Palpatine ROTS

Not necessarily bad dialogue, but did anyone else find this cold when their chauffeurs had been slain just minutes earlier?

:lol

Obi-Wan is kind of a jackass right from the get-go, isn't he?

Cold, callous, rude to new lifeforms... racist against droids... lies to children in order to manipulate them. Then haunts them as a ghost.

What a dic k

Back