Worst Star Wars Dialogue of All Time (By Popular Demand)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And so...chronological order more or less:

1. "I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" - Anakin,TPM

He is like 10 years old. Are you mad they wrote lines meant for a 10 year old... to be said by a 10 year old?

2. "Ex-squeeze me - " Jar Jar, TPM

His species talks like that.

3. "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." - Anakin, AOTC
4. "I'd rather dream about Padme. Just being around her is ... intoxicating." - Anakin, AOTC

Teenage angst.

5. "My powers have doubled since we last met, Count." - Anakin, ROTS

Meaning his abilities... with TCW the line is awful, but at the time it was fine.

6. "You underestimate my power!" - Anakin, ROTS

Power crazed delusional sith.

7. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!" - Padme, ROTS

What was she supposed to say here? They built this line up throughout the PT too. She finds out her husband was in charge of killing younglings and more Jedi, he turned his back on the Republic, and is turning his back on their future family.

8. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" - Anakin, ROTS
9. "I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of." - Anakin, ROTS

The lines fit within each character at the time.

:lol

Obi-Wan is kind of a jackass right from the get-go, isn't he?

Cold, callous, rude to new lifeforms... racist against droids... lies to children in order to manipulate them. Then haunts them as a ghost.

What a dic k

"If droids could think, there'd be none of us here."

- Smirking Obi-Wan

He is like 10 years old. Are you mad they wrote lines meant for a 10 year old... to be said by a 10 year old?

I ain't mad. :lol

I think I've seen you bring this particular point up before, so I'll address only the above:

Dialogue can be written in many different ways, taking into account context, tone, genre, and so on. The Phantom Menace in its entirety is a fantastic kid's film and uses one of many possible tones to achieve that. I happen not to like the tone they settled on because kids can appreciate different ways of storytelling, but that's what we got so 7-year olds dig it, most grown nerds don't, YMMV.

Responding to the rest of your comments would cross the line into debating the merits of the respective films, which I stated at the outset was not the point of this thread so I'll have to bow out.

"I wish that I could just wish away my wishes." --Anakin

"Depends on what Dex?"

"Depends on how good your manners are and how big your...heh heh heh (super creepy grin)...pocketbook is."

"I wish that I could just wish away my wishes." --Anakin

"Depends on what Dex?"

"Depends on how good your manners are and how big your...heh heh heh (super creepy grin)...pocketbook is."

Must've blocked that one out. :lol

His species talks like that.

Teenage angst.

Meaning his abilities... with TCW the line is awful, but at the time it was fine.

What was she supposed to say here? They built this line up throughout the PT too. She finds out her husband was in charge of killing younglings and more Jedi, he turned his back on the Republic, and is turning his back on their future family.

The lines fit within each character at the time.

You probably should just avoid this thread Ducky

:lol :lol

Honourable mention: "Hi, I'm holding for General Hux - ?" - Poe Dameron, TLJ

Another from Poe...

7Dmbxk3.gif

Sc77LTz.gif

So I am not sure how much of the dialogue is truly awful in the PT or if its just the delivery.

OT has some bad lines but they are just delivered so much better.

Either way the PT is an easy target as so much of it is awful so I will try and keep it to the OT and ST

I always laugh at "But I was going into Tosche station to pick up some power converters"

I dont know if that is a bad line but its delivered pretty poorly.

Pretty much the whole SE Biggs scene.

"Someone who loves you" - Leia ROTJ
"What did he say" and "Somehow I get the feeling that didn't help us very much" - Han Solo (ROTJ) Again its the awful delivery
Pretty much every line Leia has with Luke during the "Your my sister" moment.. Plus the scene with Han following it. Carrie Fisher was PT bad in ROTJ :lol

"That is a story for another day" - Butt hole eyes (TFA)
Anything General Hux says (TLJ)
Anything Rose says (TLJ)
Anything Holdo says (TLJ)
"Win the War" - Stupid sounding Alien (TROS)

A lot of it is actually delivery, but the lines are pretty bad too. A lot of what you just pointed out above ^ crossed my mind, but poor HC's lines stick out in my head. To be fair I've seen those films multiple times so that helps.

I have the winner...

I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating...hoping that kiss will not become a scar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back