Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense

Or maybe this recent batch had so many bodies replaced due to their poor paint application (and this is an old story) that they had to ask China to start production on an entirely new batch. I doubt they sold 6000 so soon when they still got Bats and Supes left and these were much better painted compared to WW.

Or maybe this recent batch had so many bodies replaced due to their poor paint application (and this is an old story) that they had to ask China to start production on an entirely new batch. I doubt they sold 6000 so soon when they still got Bats and Supes left and these were much better painted compared to WW.

I had an issue with mine and they told me they didn't have any replacements

I eventually wanted a WW statue, maybe not this particular one .. but BvS definitely budged my decision to order this one now.. She was just awesome in the movie I wanted something WW right away :)

There is no way this could of gone to WL already when they got 6000 reg to sell. They did the same with Bats and Supes PFs last year and brought them right back for sale. The games people play.

I think Sideshow produced less than 6,000 reg (maybe much less?) and they will now wait and see what happens on the secondary market with that statue.

If it's a "hit", they will produce a new batch (without going over the 6,000 limit) and if it's not, they won't. They already did something similar, in the past, with the "Star Wars Mythos" line.

I think Sideshow produced less than 6,000 reg (maybe much less?) and they will now wait and see what happens on the secondary market with that statue.

If it's a "hit", they will produce a new batch (without going over the 6,000 limit) and if it's not, they won't. They already did something similar, in the past, with the "Star Wars Mythos" line.

It was shady then, and would be shady now.

BTW, there is a WW EX in the commerce section for $400 if anyone needs one (not mine)

It was shady then, and would be shady now.

BTW, there is a WW EX in the commerce section for $400 if anyone needs one (not mine)

Producing more than the stated edition size is shady. Having production numbers come under the stated edition size is just a bonus for collectors, unless of course you view being more rare a negative thing. Myself, I view that as a positive thing. If Sideshow wants to cease production below the stated edition size, I am all for it.

Producing more than the stated edition size is shady. Having production numbers come under the stated edition size is just a bonus for collectors, unless of course you view being more rare a negative thing. Myself, I view that as a positive thing. If Sideshow wants to cease production below the stated edition size, I am all for it.
You missed the point. Producing less than the full ES then waiting for the aftermarket to rise before doing the rest of the run is what I was commenting on.

You missed the point. Producing less than the full ES then waiting for the aftermarket to rise before doing the rest of the run is what I was commenting on.

IMO, it's not so much "waiting for the aftermarket to rise" as it is "waiting to see if there is still interest in the statue". Of course, if the aftermarket price of Wonder Woman reg PF rises, it's a good sign that people would buy more from Sideshow at retail price if they produce a new batch. On the other hand, if the aftermarket is stable and people are able to buy it at near retail price, Sideshow will have a hard time moving their inventory if they produce a new batch.

Anyway, all that is pure speculation and, MAYBE, Sideshow really sold all the 6000 reg...! :wink1:

Hello how are u guys ? I just want share my first review of this wonderful statue, just is in Spanish hehe :rotfl

^68D47DBAF457CEE1F1A66D13D74C4D7C9130C010D9AC168466^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfPAIuFfamY

Last edited:
If SSC makes a BvS Wonder Woman, and if it has more heft to it, I may lean towards that one. I really wanted this piece in the collection, she definitely looks great from afar but all the QC stories and reviews about how it feels plasticky and cheap, I can't get myself to pull the trigger. Really hoping for a new one that has the "feel" of the Batman and Superman PFs. :pray:

really if u like the character, go and buy this statue, yeh she has a couple QC issues but that dont change the fact that she is gorgeous and excellent representation of the character :) i love my WW

Back